Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This is a wonderful and easy trip to enjoy exploring nature among the unique landscapes of the Rio Frio. The river is calm, allowing you to direct the canoe very close to animals such as monkeys, alligators, iguanas, sloths and many others, including a variety of residents and migratory birds, for an incredible wildlife experience. This option is suitable for beginners after receiving instructions for rowing and some information about the nature of our guides. Then, enjoy a traditional Costa Rican meal at El Caiman.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass byCano Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 29 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Had an amazing trip along the river by canoe with our tour guild Mario! He was hilarious and so well educated about his country and loved sharing with us. We saw loads of different lizards , iguanas , speckled caimans and birds. Was an extremely hot day on the river definitely…
Date of experience: February 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Canoa Aventura
Beautiful, well organized and professional tour
Very professional and friendly from beginning to end. We had the tour just for ourselves. The pick up was done with…
Every Second was Amazing!
This was by far one of my favorite excursions in Costa Rica. Before our tour it had rained a ton so the water was …
What a great tour!
We had a great tour with Canoa Aventura. Our guide, Joshua , pointed out so many animals it was amazing and had s…
Exceptional Customer Service
Wonderful Rafting and Sight Seeing Experience! This river safari is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon enjoying…
Excellent Guide, Neat Bridges
Our guide made the whole experience amazing. He was very knowledgeable and passionate about the rain forest and was…
We had an absolutely amazing time on this river float tour! We saw more animals on this activity than any other tha…
Lots to see
Lots of animals to see, saw all 3 monkeys in area, many birds and reptiles as well. A little longer drive from La …
Best guides in town!
During our visit in La Fortuna, we wanted to visit the lake near the Arenal Volcano. We asked a couple of guests fo…
Safari float in raft - super fun and great with kids!
We went on this tour with our 9 and 14 year old kids, and all really loved it! We definitely recommend this tour. O…
Amazing - go to Costa Rica now
Our guide Fabricio was amazing. He was very personable and knowledgeable. He took his time to explain and show us t…
Amazing hiking and waterfall experience
It's a long hike (6 hours) but done at a manageable pace with lots of pauses to learn about the forest, the animals…
Excellent raft trip on Peñas blancas river
My 80 year old mum and I have just done this raft trip. We were collected early this morning from our hotel, and ta…
Beautiful, Relaxing Raft Ride Down the Rio Tres Amigos
Many of Costa Rica's tours can feel canned or crowded, e.g., Manuel Antonio. The raft ride down the Rio Tres Amigos…
So much wildlife!
We spent about two hours drifting on the river, and the tour was about 5 hours total including transport, rafting,…
Beautiful river tour in Costa Rica
The safari kayak trip was outstanding. We had so much fun! Our guide Pedro was extremely knowledgeable and shared …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 225 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,133 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 335 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak
- Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak on Tripadvisor
- Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak price starts from £75.70. Discover and book Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak on Tripadvisor
- Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak on Tripadvisor
- Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak is hosted by Canoa Aventura. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Canoa Aventura on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Caño Negro In Canoe Or Kayak on Tripadvisor