7am to 8am: Be picked up and transported with a bi-lingual guide from where you are staying in Playa del Coco to the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano, a lush rain forest with blue rivers, natural mineral hot springs, cascading waterfalls and dinosaurs. Location and time will be confirmed in advance.
10am: Arrive at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing & prepare for adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to a private park.
• Dino Park: Walk along the forest path looking for life-size moving dinosaurs for an experience.
• Hike: Explore the rain forest and the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo. Take dips under the Grand Waterfalls and other cascading pools.
12:30pm: Return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch.
1:30pm: Choose all, or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral "green" hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade
• Visit our miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (extra) at the full service Blue River Spa4pm: Depart and return in time for supper.