Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
There you can see freshwater and salt wáter lagoons and marshes,grasslands with red mangroves,swamps,grassland with rough- leaf tres,different kinds of forest and savannahs. In the park there are more tan 150 species of trees,among them the parkisonia acualeta,which lends its name to the park for the light green color of its branches. Palo Verde contains the largest concentration of wading bird in all Central América and has identified more than 270 species of birds, from septiember to march several thousand of herons,egrets,grebes,ibis, and ducks flock to the lagoons and surronding áreas to feet and mate.The park also has the largest nesting colony of black crowned night herons in the country. Its is located in the bird island,which is par of Palo Verde National Park. Cocodriles of up to 5 meters in lengh have been seen on the Banks of Tempisque River. Palo Verde is a real atractions for bird watching fans.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Palo Verde National ParkStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedThe tour is in Tempisque riverRead more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat Tour at Tempisque River
- Entry/Admission - Palo Verde National Park
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Carrillo Tours
Kayak and Snorkel
Kathy... just to let you know that it was a very special day, and that Leo made it all so much fun. He made sure th…
Great boat trip saw Whales, dolphins and snorkelling
Great morning out at sea on a lovely fast boat. Left from the pretty Carillo Beach and in the first 10 mins saw a …
Great time Kayaking over to the uninhabited island of Chora.
We were picked up at our hotel in Samara and driven to meet our guide at Carrillo Beach. We had a guide to ourselv…
Carillo nature reserve ecotour: trees, birds, and monkeys!
We had a wonderful morning with our guide Christopher. It was early January, during the dry season, and he picked u…
Turtle tour disaster
I understand turtles are a natural phenomenon and can't be predicted. We didn't see any turtles but the main issue …
Such a great afternoon! We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed pace and guidance from Christopher. He was a wealth of kn…
Just recently returned from Costa Rica. I had an amazing time there. I went solo so I was a bit afraid. Let me tel…
Long Evening Nesting Turtle Tour
Prepare yourself for a long ride/night and endless walking up and down a dark beach looking for nesting turtles. Ou…
Excursions and Transportation!
All of our experiences with Carrillo tours were wonderful and unforgettable! It was low season and they were able …
Tenorio National Park Hiking Rio Celeste
This was an unforgettable experience! From the competent, knowledgable and friendly staff to the tour and sights, w…
Went the extra mile, literally.
We took a day trip with Carrillo tours out of Sámara to see Paola Verde national park and take a boat trip up the t…
Kayak and snorkel
Christopher was a knowledgeable and responsible guide. Wanting us to have the fullest experience as possible. Very …
Rafting with Carrillo Tours
The trip was excellent. The rafting guides were friendly, skilled with the rafts and in the water, knew natural hi…
Kayaking and snorkelling
Carrillo Tours provided our kayaking and snorkelling half day trip to Isla Chora off Samara beach. Our guide was C…
Dolphin Tour from Carrillo
Awesome, friendly and knowledgeable guides. Estevan and Coco get a big thumbs up and we were very pleased with the…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Palo Verde National Park Day Trip
- Palo Verde National Park Day Trip will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Palo Verde National Park Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Palo Verde National Park Day Trip price starts from £73.95. Discover and book Palo Verde National Park Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Palo Verde National Park Day Trip cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Palo Verde National Park Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Palo Verde National Park Day Trip is hosted by Carrillo Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Carrillo Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Palo Verde National Park Day Trip on Tripadvisor