Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The is the best guided cultural and historical day tour where you will have full experience of history and city sightseeing! The tour will start from your hotel in Johannesburg with pick-u at 830am and then you will continue on to see Johannesburg and the Mandela Bridge on your way to Soweto, the oldest black township in South Africa where you will explore the dark past of apartheid. What’s included Transfer in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle Pickup in Johannesburg Informal Settlement walk in shanty town Entrance to Hector Peterson Museum and Walk at Regina Mundi Church and Vilakazi Street Tour of Mandela house in Soweto View Desmond Tutu House and Winnie Mandela House View the Soweto cooling towers and the Baragwaneth Hospital After that you heard to the Apartheid Museum where you will go through the museum exploring the dark past of apartheid in South Africa
- You'll start atO.R. Tambo International Airport1 Jones Rd, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1632, South Africapick up is tailoredSee address & details
- 1SowetoStop: 7 hoursSee details
- 2Mandela HouseStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Apartheid MuseumStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 4Hector Pieterson MuseumStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 5Vilakazi StreetStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll end atO.R. Tambo International Airport1 Jones Rd, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1632, South Africapick up is tailoredSee address & details
O.R. Tambo International Airport, 1 Jones Rd, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, 1632, South Africa
Returns to original departure point
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mandela House
- Entry/Admission - Apartheid Museum
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry to apartheid museum
- Entry/Admission - Hector Pieterson Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I had a remarkable time and experience during this adventurous tour together with my friends. Not only was it fun but also educating and i fully enjoyed my time with the incredible services that were offered by the team. Special thanks to Dexter who remained flexible and put so…
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from AfricanSunsetsTravel, Manager at Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour
Responded 22 Feb 2020
We greatly appreciate and hope to see you again.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: African Sunsets Travel and Safaris
KRUGER AT IT'S BEST
I just wanted to say thank you. I came across your site whilst planning our trip to the Kruger National Park and it…
African Sunset Adventure - Wonderful!
Wonderful adventure! This trip was well-organized and had a professional tour guide! Dexter is knowledgeable, perso…
African Sunsets Travel is really a well organized Travel company. Best Service!!! Keep the great work you doing.
Amazing African Experience
I have travelled a number of times in Africa but this summer was the best with African Sunsets. The South Africa, B…
Private tour - done professionally!
Just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks roundtrip, visiting SA, Mozambique, Eswatini and Lesotho. There is always an…
- Duration: 4–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 740 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour on Tripadvisor
- Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour price starts from £67.15. Discover and book Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour on Tripadvisor
- Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour on Tripadvisor
- Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour is hosted by African Sunsets Travel and Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact African Sunsets Travel and Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Soweto and Johannesburg historical and cultural tour on Tripadvisor