Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Situated in the Tulbagh Valley bounded by the Witsenberg in the East, The Winterhoek range in the north and the Sarons, Obiekwa and Waterval (waterfall) mountains in the west. This fertile valley with two prominent rivers running through it, the north flowing Berg River and the south- flowing Breede Riverand has a long history dating back further than 1699, named after Dutch Cape Colony Govenor Ryk Tulbagh originally called Het Land van Waveren. This basin has been inhabited by the Khoi and Bushman people for thousands of years. A Dutch Reformed church was built in 1743 for the congregation, The Drostdy (magistrates) residence was built in 1806, designed by architect Louis Thibault, located 4km`s north of the town and is now a museum which exhibits fine period furniture and porcelain. Apart from the many beautiful sites and old buildings Tulbagh is well known for its Church Street and the magnificent old restored buildings many of which were destroyed buildings by the 1969 earthquake.
- You'll start atBreakwater Lookout PointOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1WellingtonStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 2TulbaghStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3TulbaghStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4TulbaghStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5TulbaghStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 6TulbaghStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 7TulbaghStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 8TulbaghStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll end atBreakwater Lookout PointUnnamed Road, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8002, South AfricaWe meet our guests outside the main entrance of the V & A Waterfront in the parking lot adjacent to the entrance where the tour buses have exclusive parkingSee address & details
Breakwater Lookout Point, Unnamed Road, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8002, South Africa
Returns to original departure point
- All entrance fees are included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Andy`s tours and shuttles
Trip to Die Strandloper
Andy took a small group of friends to Die Strandloper last weekend and was absolutely great. The Van/bus was very c…
Nothing more to wish for!
Together with my partner we have used Andy multiple times over several years for unique and unforgettable experienc…
Fantastic service and great wine!
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Franschhoek's gorgeous wine country with Andy's Tours. Our guide (Wall…
Great service and tour guide - highly recommend
Andy is a knowledgeable tour guide who takes pleasure in ensuring his guests have the best experiences Cape Town ha…
Excellent two days with two lovely ladies
My husband and I booked a two day private tour with Andy. We wanted to see all we could see, so Andy made up an iti…
During our recent visit to Cape Town we used Andy's Tours and Shuttle Services on a number of occasions, for both t…
A bit dissappointing
I paid approximately R5400 for a tour of 4 sites. We saw one of them. Our money was taken DESPITE the slim chance o…
Cape Peninsula Tour
Andy took 20 of us on a fantastic tour of the Cape Peninsula! He and his fellow driver picked us all up promptly a…
Robben island and Table Mountain tour.
Andy went completely out of his way to make our tour memorable under extraordinary measures. I highly recommend him…
Andy's Tour Cape Town and Wild Life Tour
We recently returned from a fabulous trip to South Africa ( Nov 2019). I went with my husband, andy my children ag…
Amazing amazing amazing !!
Seriously I cannot say enough great things about this tour! It was amazing! Our tour guide was not only knowledgeab…
Andy and his team made our trip hassle free and enjoyable! They went above and beyond to organize memorable moments…
Great Cape Town and Surroundings Experience
My sister and I used Andy’s Tours and Shuttle Services for an airport transfer to Franschhoek, a full day Stellenbo…
Change of Plans
We booked the city tour. Andy arrived on time and we started the day with a visit to Table Mountain. Andy came prep…
September Wine Tour
Dedication to our tours and transfers was perfect and professional. Andy’s tours went the extra mile to provide the…
- Duration: 11h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,331 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,433 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 681 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,084 travellers!
from £70.88* £80.54
Popular: Booked by 1,857 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Tulbagh Historical Tour
- Tulbagh Historical Tour will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Tulbagh Historical Tour on Tripadvisor
- Tulbagh Historical Tour price starts from £115.99. Discover and book Tulbagh Historical Tour on Tripadvisor
- Tulbagh Historical Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Tulbagh Historical Tour on Tripadvisor
- Tulbagh Historical Tour is hosted by Andy`s tours and shuttles. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Andy`s tours and shuttles on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Tulbagh Historical Tour on Tripadvisor