Description of Day
A Journey to the Centre of the Earth is a classic 1864 science fiction novel by Jules Verne. The story involves a German professor (Otto Lidenbrock in the original french or Professor Von Hardwigg in the most common English translation) who believes there are volcanic tubes going towards the center of the earth. He, his nephew Axel (Harry), and their guide Hans encounter many adventures, including prehistoric animals and natural hazards, eventually resurfacing in southern Italy
In the novel, the glacier of Snæfellsjökull was the gateway to the center of the earth. We will in this tour take a scenic route that included the largest fjord (Hvalfjörður) of the south-west coast of Iceland where in WW II there used to be an allied naval station. We continue to the picture perfect Snæfellsnes peninsula with endless waterfalls and brown sandy beaches. We continue to the glacier of Snæfellsjökull visit a local secret hotspring were you can if you want bath in. We then continue to small village named Olafsvík on route back we will explore the photo genik Mt Kirkjufell along with local secret spots. Optional add on is a vi
The lunch break is based on you
• Snæfellsnes Peninsula
• Secret hotspring
• Hvalfjörður Large fjord.
• Landbrotlaug. Hot spring.
• Mt Kirkjufell (Picture perfect mountain)
• Town Ólafsvík
• Bæjarfoss (Beautiful waterfall)Operating Information
• Duration is 10-11 hours.
• 9:00 AM. Pick-up at your hotel, free of charge
• Winter operation we lend you Crampons for safe exploring.
• Operated only in small groups.
• We only provide personal well experienced driver guides.
• Vehicle is Ford Excursion Viking Luxury Super Jeep .
• We can supply booster seats or infant seats.