Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
With a depth of more than 3000m it is the deepest inland water body in Africa. Lake Chala Safari Camp is a beautiful private game reserve overlooking Lake Chala. You’ll arrive there and our guide will take you down to the lakeside, through vividly green flora, with the blue, blue lake ahead of you. Its water is incredibly clear and plenty of fish can be seen, but swimming is not recommended. The walk at the lake offers interesting views, but is a bit challenging. It is common to spot lizards, baboons, different species of monkeys and snakes. At Lake Chala Safari Camp there is nice bar at the lake view where you can enjoy your drink after your Lake Chala Day Trip.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lake ChalaStop: 4 hours - Admission includedLake Chala Day Trip takes you to a perfect place to relax and unwind and you’ve the choice of hiking the picture-perfect countryside around the lake, swimming in its sparkling waters or kayaking across the border to Kenya. Welcome and enjoy your great day at Lake Chala in Tanzania.Read more
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Lake Chala
- Guides Tips
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I went to Lake Chala with KLM safari in January 2020. I had an awesome day. Elly the guide picked me up at my hostel in the morning. We had a 2,5 h drive to get to the lake. The roads until Himo had been really good. There after the roads got more worse, but he is a real good…
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from sagetrips, General Manager at Lake Chala Day Trip
Responded 3 Feb 2020
Thank you Susan for your positive review. We are happy to hear that your day trip to Lake Chala with KLM Safari was wonderful and you enjoyed the whole experience. Welcome again for more experiences in Moshi Asante Sana, Karibu Sana and Hakuna Matata!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: KLM Safaris
Excellent day trip
Excellent experience. Definitely recommend it. KLM safari treats you like royalty and they go the extra mile for th…
Great day: fantastic nature, excellent guide and warm coffee
We had great day with our guide Elly. He was very correct and considerate to all our needs. Excellent English spoke…
Best guide and service we had in Tanzania
We had wonderful day at the springs. Our guide Elly was correct and considerate to all our needs. Excellent English…
We had an absolutely wonderful time with Elly, our guide. The day started out with being picked up then taken to th…
Best of 2020
We recently had one of the best trips of my life with Klm Safaris Co. Ltd. Elly was our driver and he is the BEST! …
The best 4days of my 2020
It was the best 4days of my 2020, I was having a lot in my plate before deciding to have this trip and for that I a…
Simply the Best
My favorite part of the experience is that I got to see the Lion mating and also I got to see the other big 5 anim…
Best tour guide, enjoyed our safari
Was amazing safari with experienced driver Elli cruse down create the view was breathtaking. Excited to saw a lion …
A great experience with Her, a Guide with a lot of knowledge. Explains the history of his country very well. A be…
An amazing tour with a brilliant guide
My girlfriend and I were treated to an amazing half day trek with Elinami. He was so knowledgeable and really frien…
Lovely tour guide with amazing English gave me thorough information about the village, plants and waterfall. The co…
Literary alone in the Waterfalls and with a great guide. Unforgettable!
After months of no international tourist, being the first to a tourist destination have its benefits. And having th…
Elly, our driver/guide, was great on taking advantage of being the first tourist after COVID
Great place to go as one of the first tourists return to Moshi which allow my and my son to swim alone on the Hot S…
The guide was excellent, he was explaining throughout all the trip all sort of information about the fauna of the p…
One day trek to Kilimanjaro (Shira plateu) + Trip (3 days) from Moshi to Mwanza via Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti
The trek to Kilimanjaro was interesting - they lift you up to 3000 meters by Jeep! But the weather was cloudy so th…
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Chala Day Trip
- Lake Chala Day Trip cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Lake Chala Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Lake Chala Day Trip is hosted by KLM Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact KLM Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Lake Chala Day Trip on Tripadvisor