Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Los Angeles is always changing and you’ll witness it on our Central Downtown LA tour. Thought LA doesn’t have a downtown? It does and it’s the most dynamic, interesting part of the city. Many tourists don't know of DTLA (as it’s known here), but Angelenos do and they’re voting with their feet, as every week new restaurants, bars, Apple stores and apartment blocks open here. Many people don’t realize it’s also the best-preserved historic downtown of any major city in America (with great architecture). Join our Central Downtown LA tour and learn about the neighborhood where the city was born. We also stop for lunch at Grand Central Market (one of the best places in the U.S. for food according to Bon Appetit). * Tour starts 1pm daily * Children under 12 y.o. gain free entry * There’s a big range of food options and all types of diet can be accommodated (vegan, gluten-free etc)
- You'll start at222 N Hill St222 N Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USAThe Civic Center Metro Station in Grand Park is at 222 N Hill St. The guide will be checking in guests from 15 minutes before the tour begins at the entrance to the station, wearing a t-shirt with The Real Los Angeles Tours logo clearly visible.See address & details
- 1City HallStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Grand ParkStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3The Music CenterStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Angels Flight RailwayStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Grand Central MarketStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 6Pershing SquareStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 7Cicada ClubStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 8Fine Arts BuildingStop: 10 minutesSee details
- You'll end at7th Street / Metro Center StationLos Angeles, CA 90017, USATour ends at the 7th Street Metro Center, which is on the Red, Purple, A and E train lines. There are also buses and a taxi rank. There are tons of museums, shops, bars and restaurants in the area. It's a 20 minute walk back to the starting point.See address & details
222 N Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
7th Street / Metro Center Station, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
- Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - The Music Center
- Entry/Admission - Angels Flight Railway
- Gratuities not included. Please allow 15-20%.
- Lunch/Snacks are not included.
- Entry/Admission - City Hall
- Entry/Admission - Cicada Club
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Tour is free for children aged 0-11 y.o.
- Aim to get to the meeting point 10-15 minutes early. If you’re late you may miss the tour.
- By making a booking for this tour you agree to be bound by The Real Los Angeles Tours terms of service.
- This is a walking tour and we move at a reasonable pace. If you have mobility issues please book a private tour via our website.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
Damien was our tour guide and he did a FANTASTIC job showing us the area and the history. I was caught off guard by the fact that it was a walking tour though. Lol I just failed to read the fine print. Great tour though. I would suggest others book with them as well.
3 Helpful votes
I had a few friends come from out of town and we took a tour by Terry. Though I've spent majority of my adult life in LA, I've never done a tour and so thankful I did! I learned so much about the city I live in in the 3hrs we were all together. Not to mention a great walk! …
Date of experience: July 2019
2 Helpful votes
Damien was super friendly, knowledgeable and full lots of good stories. He customized our private tour exactly as requested.
Date of experience: February 2019
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: The Real Los Angeles Tours
Spine-tingling ghost tour is a must-see!
Vicki was a stellar tour guide! Her tales of the scariest dtla hotels were spine tingling. I especially enjoyed the…
True Crime Lovers Tour
Damien was a great tour guide! Great date night idea. Found the tour through Fever who did not advertise as a walki…
Great Ghost Tour
We had Chris as a tour guide and he was excellent. Fun tour around DTLA. Would definitely recommend to others. He e…
Interesting but uncomfortable
We r so grateful that Damien gave us a tour during this COVID19 time. He is an enthusiastic historian of deaths in …
Great Way to See the Mysteries of LA
This was an awesome evening downtown! Our tour guide was great, and we visited some really cool locations both insi…
Fun Walk Around the City
Chris was an amazing tour guide and we had a great time. The locations were fun to see and the stories were amazing…
Our tour guide, Damien, was outstanding. This was our second tour with The Real Los Angeles Tours and both times we…
This company is a joke I gave credit card 145.00 four imaginary tickets I was dooped
So I am on vacation friends decide to do the DTLA real Los Angeles Tour reserve 4 tickets after they promptly respo…
I love walking tours and I was looking forward to picking up some Hollywood trivia but I had concerns my family wou…
Great Walking Tour
Chris answered every question and made our birthday, Murder, Mystery & Ghost Tour, an evening to remember #Abstract…
LA in a day tour - great way to spend a day
Fantastic day spent with Damian who really knows his stuff. The day flows very well and we managed the walk with no…
The Real Los Angeles Tours
You’ll learn the neighborhood’s history and see its hidden corners. Experience the best of Los Angeles and, great …
excellent day out
Damien gave us an excellent tour. Full day of sightseeing and information. Very informative and great exercise.
Great to see behind the scenes and learn some of the history of old Hollywood
The Old Hollywood walking Tour with Damien was fabulous. Had a small group with folks from Moscow and Canada, whic…
Damien provided us with many interesting insights into the history of LA and Hollywood, and that is coming from me …
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 8,318 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 7,147 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 383 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,196 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Central Downtown LA Tour
What time does Central Downtown LA Tour start?
Central Downtown LA Tour will start at 1:00 PM. Discover and book Central Downtown LA Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Central Downtown LA Tour?
How much is Central Downtown LA Tour?
Central Downtown LA Tour price starts from £33.05. Discover and book Central Downtown LA Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Central Downtown LA Tour cancellation policy?
Central Downtown LA Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Central Downtown LA Tour on Tripadvisor