Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Zanzibar is a great place for shopping and bargain hunting. You will inevitably come across the odd ashtray carved out of a coconut shell but there are enough locally made art and craft to fill a whole suitcase with tasteful souvenirs! On this half-day tour, your guide will accompany you to local shops around town starting at the kanga bazaar where you can read proverbs printed on kanga cloth and also learn to wrap a kanga the traditional way. This will be followed by a visit to the leather sandal making workshop that has been supplying sandals to the island since 1976 after which you will move on to SASIK, one of the most successful women’s cooperatives in Zanzibar, to watch the women workers hand stitch and embroider elaborate cushion covers and wall hangings.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Zanzibar GalleryStop: 8 hours - Admission includedYou will have an opportunity to see the making of beautiful hand crafted furniture from coconut wood and the amazing process of making the traditional kikoi at local factories. Watch as local craftsmen create wood carvings from very small and intricate designs to much larger pieces. Visit the workshop where traditional Zanzibar doors are carved and sold. For art lovers watching a Tinga Tinga painting being created is a must and decorating your palms with traditional henna art from the artists at ZAYAA Gallery the perfect gift to yourself.Read more
- In-person guide
- Entry/Admission - Zanzibar Gallery
- 1.Items of personal nature and beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Bohobe Travel and Tours
Very good expérience
It was a good experience. The guide explains very well the animals’ life. It was not expansive. I recommand it
Advice bohobe agency
Nice experience with BOHOBE Agency. The parc was beautiful with many animals (giraphs, elephants, zebras, zimpalas,…
Exceptional experience, minimal Covid-19 risk
Much more than a safari travel agency, Bohobe travels and Abraham, its owner, really take you to another level in d…
Fantastic 4 days trip
We booked a customized safari - 2 days in Mikumi for animals watching with a overnight stay in a lodge inside the p…
Wonderful experience !
The safari with Bohobe Travel&Tours was just a wonderful and amazing experience. We had such a great time my friend…
Hello Abraham, it's time to say thankyou for your kind service and for the great hospitality. We enjoyed this tri…
We were two friends traveling together and decided to do a safari with Bohobe Travels for three days. Abraham picke…
Bohobe travel agence safari Mikumi
Hi, It was very good, Tumu was very professional and kind with us. The transport was ok the both driver very good a…
A good deal for a budget safari
Positive sides were the very lovely accommodation, in the middle of nature with nice facilities, good food, the own…
SAFARI 3DAYS/2NIGHTS MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK
We landed at Dar es Salaam airport and we spent three exceptional days in Mikumi thanks to Bohobe travel and Tours.…
Perfect day with all team. My 3 years old son was very excited to see all this animals. The team make their best to…
The Real Africa in the land of peace
I Am italian and I enjoyed with other 3 friends the extraordinary experience of Safari Bohobe in Mikumi. About 4 ho…
Great Safari in Mikumi with bohobetravels
My friends and I were impressed by the beauty of this park. So many animals to see. A big thanks to bohobetravels f…
Had a fantastic time at Mikumi, great service by our guide, very good quality food and accommodation, 100% recommen…
We were two people doing this 3 day safari, and we had an amazing time with Abraham and Abeid. I would recommend th…
- Duration: 3–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 346 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Made In Zanzibar
What time does Made In Zanzibar start?
Made In Zanzibar will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Made In Zanzibar on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Made In Zanzibar?
How much is Made In Zanzibar?
Made In Zanzibar price starts from £53.95. Discover and book Made In Zanzibar on Tripadvisor
What is the Made In Zanzibar cancellation policy?
Made In Zanzibar cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Made In Zanzibar on Tripadvisor