Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Trek past fields of Edelweiss and yaks grazing near turquoise glacial lakes and discover the dramatic shark tooth peaks of Nyenbo Yurtse. This the home to Tibetan nomads who live at the base of a mountain that hovers at a lofty 5369 meters/17,615 feet. And getting there is half the fun! Along the way to Nyenbo Yurtse you will get to walk through the mud-daubed alleys of Labrang Monastery and see the untamed grasslands and the nomads who worship there. This particular itinerary offers 3 days of trekking with horses carrying your backpacks every day so you only need to carry a light daypack on the trek.
- 7 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My trip to Nyenbo Yurtse was actually in May 2017. The scenery is fantastic; it was a really enjoyable trek. Ben was able to get a pack horse to carry our bags even though it was caterpillar fungus season and the local nomads were busy harvesting. It made the trip even more…
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Elevated Trips
Truly an elevated trip
Went on our second trip led by Ben Cubbage from Elevated Trips for a good reason, Ben and his crew know their way a…
"Silk Road" from Snow to the desert.
A trip on the tracks of the "Silk Road" from Xining via Qinghai Lake,Zhangyue, Jiayuguan to Dunhuang. From ice and …
Silk Road Trip
We had an amazing trip!! The guides were super friendly and responded to all our requests. We had an amazing time!
Special experience worth paying for
Ben and Sangye organised a bespoke hiking trip for us in the South-West corner of Gansu, around Langmusi in October…
Best trip I ever had in China Mainland
I've been living in China for more than 10 years, and this is by far the best trip I ever had here. Our amazing gu…
Ben Cubbage curates mystical tours of mountains and monasteries which take your breath away. As our first holiday a…
Highly recommend to this trip!
I wanna say, it is a really unique trip for me! - I was impressed by Ben, Gombo, and Choegon's passion, profession,…
2 weeks of hike, local life and scenery in Qinghai, Gansu and Sichuan
Thanks to Ben and our outstanding local Guide, we had an amazing 2-week trip in Qinghai, Gansu and Sichuan. We want…
Qinghai Lake & the Silk Road... Hiking and Cultural Experience
From the booking Ben and his team were very attentive to meeting our (2 adult travellers) requested itinerary, they…
Youning Monastery Day Hike - Perfect Day!
Two of us travelling through Gansu and Qinghai and decided to do a day hike since we wanted to stretch our legs. Co…
It was a great experience to visit the largest lake in China. Great time dinning with a Tibetan family. The area is…
Amazing cycling trip around Qinghai lake
The cycling trip around the Qinghai lake was simply amazing. Even though we decided to do the trip on very short n…
Thank you again to Choegon and Ben for a terrific trip around Qinghai Lake and up into the Red Rocks and Monastries…
Extraordinary adventure, people, culture & vistas
Our Qinghai & Gansu Itinerary was carefully curated by Ben & expertly executed by Sangye our specialist guide. From…
Tibetan Plateau Adventure
Elevatedtrips.com offers several venues for touring in China for groups as small as two to four individuals. Larger…
- Duration: 8–10 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes
- Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes on Tripadvisor
- Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes price starts from £1,293.35. Discover and book Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes on Tripadvisor
- Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes on Tripadvisor
- Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes is hosted by Elevated Trips. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Elevated Trips on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Trekking Nyenbo Yurtse to Alpine Glacial Lakes on Tripadvisor