Reserve Now & Pay Later
Afternoon Half-Day Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls Tour from Portland
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (42)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Explore the largest National Scenic Area in the US in just a few hours when you visit the Columbia River Gorge on a guided tour from Portland. You can relax and enjoy the view while someone else drives the winding Historic Columbia River Highway and navigates packed parking lots at top sights such as Multnomah Falls. Plus, you’ll learn about the area from your guide along the way.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by Columbia River Gorge
- 1Vista HouseStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 2Latourell FallsStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 3Multnomah FallsStop: 25 minutes -See details
- 4Horsetail Falls- Columbia River GorgeStop: 20 minutes -See details
- Easily see the Columbia River Gorge from Portland in a half-day
- Possible stops include Multnomah Falls and Crown Point Vista House
- Avoid the hassle of navigating packed parking lots and narrow mountain roads
- Hear entertaining commentary along the way, making the most of transit time
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from downtown Portland included
What to Expect
Begin your tour with pickup from your downtown Portland hotel or other pre-arranged central meeting location. Head out along the Historic Columbia River Highway Scenic Byway in a comfortable van, listening to live commentary from your guide along the way. Though stops may vary, possible destinations include the Crown Point Vista House, Latourell Falls, the Bonneville Fish Hatchery, and Multnomah Falls—the most-visited natural attraction in the Pacific Northwest. Every route guarantees picture-worthy views and just enough time to take short hikes to scenic overlooks or admire stunning vistas of Oregon’s lush landscape before heading back to the van. Tour concludes with drop-off at your Portland hotel or other original departure point.
- Hotel/port drop-off (select downtown Portland hotels)
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional local guide/driver
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child Safety Seat Law Child passengers must be restrained in child safety seats until they weigh forty pounds or reach the upper weight limit for the car seat in use. Infants must ride rear-facing until they reach two years of age unless the child turned age one prior to May 26, 2017.
- Booster Seat Law Children over forty pounds or who have reached the upper weight limit for their forward-facing car seat must use a child seat with harness or a booster to 4'9" tall or age eight and the adult belt fits correctly.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
While visiting the Portland, Oregon area, we were told we must make the short drive east to see these falls. Driving along the Columbia River was pretty enough, but the Falls were definitely worth the trip. They were literally just off I84. There was ample parking and the falls…
Date of experience: August 2019
When we went up to see our son in Hood River about 18 odd years ago , He took us to these falls , they just are amazing . So everytime we get uo it is a must to see. So thats about every two years or so . The next Amazing place is Double Mountain Brewery in the Hood . Thank you…
Date of experience: September 2019
It was a very informative tour, well worth the money. Our tour guide Dave was awesome, very knowledgeable about everything related to Portland and the area.
Date of experience: October 2019
I missed my first tour as I got a bit lost but when I contacted the tour operator they were kind enough to let me go the following day and I am so glad I did. We had a perfect afternoon with bright blue sky and fresh snow allowing us to see Mt Hood as we travelled towards…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: America's Hub World Tours
Wonderful tour, best guide
It was a once in a life time opportunity for me to visit the Oregon coast and it answered my wishes. The guide was …
Amazing trip with a fun and knowledgeable guide!
John was a very good guide who spoke with a lot of enthusiasm about the Oregon Coast! He did his best to accommodat…
Our guide Phil was amazing. A perfect balance between entertaining and informative. He helped us get amazing pictur…
We had a great afternoon tour of the Willamette valley wineries. Jay our driver/guide was awesome and was very know…
Beautiful Scenery- great tour
This was a great trip, and Adam was an outstanding guide. Everything was on time and Adam went out of his way to m…
Outstanding Day Tour - beautiful scenery
I would highly recommend this tour. Phil was a great guide and made the day a lot of fun. He is so knowledgeable a…
Adam was a great tour guide. He is incredibly knowledgeable and super nice. The wineries were beautiful and it was …
Wonderful Tour, So Fun, So Informative
This was a highly enjoyable tour of the Oregon coast. Our guide, Steve, was so very knowledgable and we learned so …
Packed tour of scenery and explanations from a professional guide. Incredible waterfalls, nice comfortable walking…
AWESOME TOUR! WE LOVED PHIL!!!
This is the climax of our Oregon trip!!! It’s totally worth it, and even more actually. Our tour guide, Phil is AWE…
Excellent Tour, Highly Recommend!
Our tour guide Adam was amazing, extremely knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. He told us all about the hist…
Heaven on Earth
I feel like an insider here, having attended the University of Oregon for my undergrad years, going so far as to ta…
Eugene City Tour
The tour was awesome. Our favorite part were the raptors. Our guide was very informative and I'll give the tour 5…
Tours dependent on guide and time of year
There are times of the year when some things are not open, but they do not tell you that. We really liked the small…
Rainy Day in Portland made it challenging to enjoy all the tour offerings.
Lan Su Chinese Gardens and the Pittock Mansion were both interesting attractions to visit and enjoy. Tour guide Aar…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,338 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,261 travellers!