This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Killer Bees Honey, 10932 Rosman Hwy, Lake Toxaway, NC 28747
FRIDAY & SATURDAY ONLY. 9:30-1:30 Reservation required.
The Killer Bees Honey apiary tour & honey tasting will introduce you to the elemental intensity of a hive, its queen and her subjects. Included is an upfront and personal bee meet & greet, an opportunity to pour your own bottle of honey and culminating with a taste of the delicious fruits of their labor. Watch the bees as they tend their hives and forage for nectar. Learn what they are doing and why they do it! Each tour is limited to 12 people, allowing for a greater personal experience.
Located deep in the Pisgah National Forest of Western North Carolina, the Killer Bees Honey apiary is nestled high on top of Walnut Cove Mountain. Surrounded by 512,000 farm-free acres of soul-cleansing views, our lady aviators gather nectar from a variety of floral sources. The result is some of the most exquisite honey untouched by pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
• Brief discussion on the life of a honeybee, their caste system, division of labor and hive equipment.
• Journey into the exuberant world of a bee colony with the beekeeper as he inspects a hive. Protective suits, veils and gloves will be provided.
• Visit the honey processing center and pour your own 4 oz decorative bottle of Killer Bees Honey.
• Honey tasting fresh from our hives along with discussion and honey sampling. Learn how different honey’s look, smell and taste.
• Honey pairing with different foods.
• Select alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Duration: 4 hours