Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Travel safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during this experience
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Hand sanitizer available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Updated 07/10/20 Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
A note from Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise
Capacity is reduced to at least 50% on all of our excursions. Guests will be assigned ‘zones’ or ‘tables’ at check-in to practice social distancing on each trip. Guests are required to complete a health questionnaire prior to boarding. Masks are required.
Updated 07/10/20 Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
On this distinctive Manhattan architecture tour, you get a perspective on the city that many travelers don’t: by boat, as you circle around the island of Manhattan. Hop aboard a climate-controlled 1920s-style yacht, enjoy a refreshing beverage, and listen to your guide—a trained architect—tell stories about the city’s history, famous skyscrapers, and riverfront construction.
- You'll start at62 Chelsea Piers62 Chelsea Piers, New York, NY 10011, USAThe boat departs from Chelsea Piers, on Pier 62, which is located at West 22nd Street and the Hudson River. We are at the northernmost end of the Chelsea Piers on the water. When walking to Chelsea Piers, you must cross the West Side Highway. There are crosswalks at 18th, 20th and 23rd Street. When standing on the west side highway facing the river (facing west), go around the north side of the large blue building. Our ticket booth is located steps from the dock on Pier 62. Please check in at the Classic Harbor Line ticket booth upon arrival, and you will be escorted to the boat by the Captain when it is time to board. If lost please call 212.627.1825.See address & details
- Pass byOne World ObservatoryWoolworth BuildingStatue of LibertyBrooklyn BridgeLower East SideEmpire State BuildingChrysler BuildingUpper West SideGeorge Washington BridgeRoosevelt IslandFranklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park
- You'll end at62 Chelsea Piers62 Chelsea Piers, New York, NY 10011, USAThe boat departs from Chelsea Piers, on Pier 62, which is located at West 22nd Street and the Hudson River. We are at the northernmost end of the Chelsea Piers on the water. When walking to Chelsea Piers, you must cross the West Side Highway. There are crosswalks at 18th, 20th and 23rd Street. When standing on the west side highway facing the river (facing west), go around the north side of the large blue building. Our ticket booth is located steps from the dock on Pier 62. Please check in at the Classic Harbor Line ticket booth upon arrival, and you will be escorted to the boat by the Captain when it is time to board. If lost please call 212.627.1825.See address & details
- Gain a new perspective on Manhattan from a 1920s-style yacht
- Learn the history of the city and its buildings from a trained architect
- Enjoy one glass of beer, wine, or non-alcoholic drink
- See other famous landmarks, such as the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
What to Expect
Your journey around Manhattan begins at the pier. Climb aboard either the Manhattan or Manhattan II—both 1920s-style yachts with teak decks and climate-controlled observatories. On the tour, you make a complete circumnavigation around Manhattan, traveling along the Hudson, East, and Harlem rivers. As you go, your guide—a trained architect—provides expert insight on the city’s history, skyscrapers, and riverfront development. From the water, you see many of the city’s distinct landmarks, including the Chrysler Building and One World Trade Center. You also catch glimpses of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and other waterfront highlights. As you go, enjoy one complimentary glass of beer, wine, or other beverage on board, as well as hors d’oeuvres. The tour ends at your departure point.
62 Chelsea Piers, New York, NY 10011, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Narration by a member of the American Institute of Architects New York Chapter
- Each reservation will be assigned a private table. A 2 ticket purchase minimum is required
- One complimentary beverage included
- Gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise, but recommended.
- Food is required to accompany any alcoholic beverage
- Food selections available for purchase. If bringing food please keep to a self contained snack
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guarantee of a full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not included. On rare occasions, the Spuyten Duyvil train bridge is inoperable and cannot open for us to pass through. This is often times not known until our tour is underway. River closures may also occur for a number of reasons. There are no refunds for tours that cannot fully circumnavigate. We will accommodate such cases with a tour that features a double backing of the route and further detail of the waterfront sites.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Service animals are permitted; Emotional Support animals and pets are not permitted
- Please let us know in advance if assistance is required for boarding
- Not for children under 14 years due to this cruise being a heavily-narrated tour experience. We recommend families to join us on Statue & Skyline tours, day sails or any other minimally narrated day time event
- This cruise is a heavily-narrated tour experience. It's for those seeking an informative, exciting, and content-rich trip. We require guest conversations to be kept to a reasonable level so that narration can be heard by all
- Groups of 10 or more will be contacted by the operator in advance for an additional 10% group gratuity
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We went on this 2 and 1/2 hour cruise on the Manhattan 2 yacht. It circled Manhattan on a beautiful morning in September. It was hosted by an architect who provided architectural and historical comments on so many points of interest. It was fascinating! We highly recommended…
Date of experience: September 2020
Response from CHL745, Manager at Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise
Responded 4 weeks ago
Hello, We love to hear that you enjoyed your AIANY Around Manhattan Architecture tour and that you felt very safe. Thank you for joining us and sharing this with others. If you enjoyed this cruise you may want to check out our Lights of Gotham Cruise, or our Bridge, Architecture & Infrastructure tour which is also hosted by the AIANY. Warmly, Classic Harbor Line
It was a great tour. The guide provided detailed information about the buildings. Comfortable boat Highly recommended.
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
Wonderful AIA credited host providing an incredible amount of information about the buildings, infrastructure, and history of New York. The boat and facilities are amazing.
Date of experience: March 2020
Really lovely day, even in the rain! Nice drinks and nibbles, amazing views of New York. I loved the detailed comments by the guide. But the highlight was standing on the deck in a full gale. I loved it!
Date of experience: January 2020
Great experience with very informative ‘voice over’! Nice staff, drinks and food. Was a great experience with my son whobis studien Maritiem Engineering.
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Classic Harbor Line
Fall Foliage Along the Hudson River
Being out on the water was nice and seeing the great views of Manhattan as we cruised down the Hudson. The crew wa…
Lovely short trip
Exellent way to spend an afternoon in the middle of a pandemic. Great all glass vessel, spotlessly clean and with a…
Amazing sunset sail on a beautiful boat!
We took the Sunset cruise to the Statue of Liberty as guests of Downtown Magazine NYC on a late Sunday afternoon, a…
Day or sunset, it was amazing!
Actually we were switched to the sunset tour which was also very very nice! Absolutely worth it! What an experience…
Fantastic voyage on the Hudson
This nicely appointed boat was an enjoyable way to see the treasures of NYC. The panoramic views to enjoy while ind…
I love it great experience. The crew was very friendly everything was beautiful loved the sunset ❤️❤️
Great way to relax for a few hours
First time on a cruise with CHL and thoroughly enjoyed it. We did the afternoon sailing to the Statue of Liberty, h…
Excellent wish it would be longer
Everything was great! Even though I’m local and know pretty much everything that I saw around, some people on the b…
We had a great experience on the sail - very friendly crew, and a beautiful view of the harbor and Statue of Libert…
Special Sunset Experience -- Only in NYC!
We were a party of three, and a mix of visitors and residents. And we all agree that this sunset sail to the Statu…
What an AMAZING experience, crew, customer service and boats. Your company is just excellent. Thank you for an unfo…
Very nice experience
Very nice! We really enjoyed ourselves and will do again when we visit! Also be on time!! We were almost left for b…
Had a blast!
I really enjoyed this boat ride. Got a great view of the Statue of Liberty and the ride was enjoyable . I strongly …
Definitely will do it again!
It was absolutely out of this world experience! The team was nice and friendly. Highly recommended!!!
Fabulous boat and knowledgeable guide on the AIA tour
We did the round Manhattan tour guided by a very knowledgable American Instite of Architects representative. I can …
- Duration: 2h 45m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 824 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 77,969 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 746 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise
Which attractions will I visit with Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise?
How much is Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise?
Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise price starts from £66.34. Discover and book Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise on Tripadvisor
What is the Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise cancellation policy?
Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise?
Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise is hosted by Classic Harbor Line. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Classic Harbor Line on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise on Tripadvisor