This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Revolutionary Tours NYC, New York City, NY 10023
You'll hear stories, letters, speeches and see paintings and maps from the time. This is an immersive tour for lovers of United States’ history and the musical Hamilton! The highly-rated tour is conducted by a licensed New York City tour guide with over 20 years of experience. You will gain greater insight and understanding of the people, events and situations.
Through fascinating stories along our engaging walk in the Hamilton & Washington Walking Tour NYC, you’ll be drawn into the past as you learn about:
• The earlier North American war that led to the epic Revolutionary War
• The first New York reading of the Declaration of Independence on July 9, 1776, and the mob protest that followed
• George Washington’s daring and miraculous nighttime river escape
• The famous tavern where Washington had a moving farewell gathering
• The lies and deception of Washington, the great “spymaster”
• The moving inauguration of George Washington
• Alexander Hamilton’s prolific 100,000 words in the Federalist Papers that secured ratification of the Constitution
• The resting place of Alexander Hamilton and his wife Eliza
• The splendid 18th-century chapel where Washington attended services
• The letters behind the infamous duel with Vice President Aaron Burr
Book your tour today!
This is a Lower Manhattan walking tour. The actual meeting place will be given once you book your tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: St. Paul's Chapel, 209 Broadway b/t Fulton Street & Vesey Street, New York City, NY 10007-2977
See this historic church built in 1766 from the outside.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Fraunces Tavern Museum, 54 Pearl St, New York City, NY 10004-4300
This is the tavern where George Washington bade farewell to his officers after Evacuation Day. You will see the building from outside on the tour. We do not go inside.
Stop At: Federal Hall, 26 Wall St, New York City, NY 10005-1996
It is generally closed on weekends except for some Saturdays in the summer and certain holidays. When it is open the tour usually goes inside to walk through. When it is closed, we stop in front to discover the location's importance in United States' history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House, 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004, USA
We see the building from outside on the tour but discover the importance of the building and site.
Duration: 15 minutes