Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start at173 Avenue A173 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009, USAI'll be on the southwest corner of East 11th Street and Ave A.See address & details
- 1Lower ManhattanStop: 2 hoursSites include: - Where the Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Jeff Buckley recorded their debut albums - The neighborhood bars where Elliott Smith wrote XO and Stephin Merritt wrote the Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs - Where James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem) began his DJ career and the DFA Records community came together - The open mic night where Beck, Regina Spektor, King Missile, and the Moldy Peaches all started their careers - Venues where the Strokes, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Beck, Anohni, and Neutral Milk Hotel made their live debuts - The apartments where Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs), Stephin Merritt, and Jonathan Fire*eater lived early in their careers - Legendary venues including Sin-e, Sidewalk Cafe, Tonic, Brownies, the Pyramid Club, Luna Lounge, Mercury Lounge, Meow Mix, and Cake Shop - Sites relevant to neighborhood predecessors, including Beastie Boys, Debbie Harry, RuPaul, Nico, Madonna, Black Flag, Swans, and Bad BrainsRead more
- You'll end atA Day Night Auto Restore15 Norfolk St, New York, NY 10002, USAWe'll end on Norfolk Street, near Delancey StreetSee address & details
173 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009, USA
A Day Night Auto Restore, 15 Norfolk St, New York, NY 10002, USA
- Licensed NYC tour guide
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I had such a great experience on the Indie Rock Walking tour. Speaking as a dedicated indie-rock fan, this tour really delivered and was so informative and unique. Jesse did a great job detailing the history of the music scene and how the neighborhood impacted and/or…
Date of experience: November 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Walk on the Wild Side Tours NYC
This was the highlight of our visit to NYC. Jesse was brilliant and the tour was really interesting and fun. Would …
Best walking tour
CBGB, The Ramones, The Velvet Underground , Talking Heads, Patti Smith, New York dolls and, Bowie! Had a great afte…
We spent a great afternoon with Jesse visiting some of the key sites in the story of the origins of punk music - th…
We toured Soho, Bowery, and NoLita for this tour on a cold afternoon and loved it! Jesse is great! We could really…
Really enjoyed the tour. Jesse was knowledgeable and is a great guide. I was very interested in the NYC music scene…
Just a New York conversation rattling in my head
My wife and I really enjoyed this tour. I already knew a fair bit about the NY Punk scene and the music that influe…
I can't imagine a better guide than Jesse
We come to New York a few times a year and have taken a lot of tours, including all the rock/punk tours I know of. …
An Impressionable teenager
on hearing 3 minute crashing guitars drown out bland pop music and Bohemian Rhapsody nonsense. A shift in music and…
An absolute treat! Our guide was incredibly informative, super laid back and clearly very passionate about all the …
A great personalised music tour - highly recommended
Our differing musical tastes meant that we wanted to do different tours on offer, but as our time in New York was l…
Jesse was so good and he is clearly passionate about the subject. My kids are just learning about the scene in the…
A Great History of The New York Music Scene!
I can’t say enough good things about this tour! My wife and I went on October 5th and totally enjoyed it. I knew a …
Walk On The Wild Side
Jesse is a wealth of knowledge and was an engaging guide. Truly unique experience and a must for any music lover. …
A Highlight of Our Trip!!
This tour was amazing, and would be for music lovers of any genre. Jessie is an engaging guide, and we were lucky t…
changed how we see downtown NYC!
Jesse is such a knowledgeable, earnest, and kind guide. My husband and I are locals who often hang out downtown and…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 872 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 43,411 travellers!
from £101.13* £118.98
Popular: Booked by 357 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour
What time does NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour start?
NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour will start at 2:00 PM. Discover and book NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour?
NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour price starts from £27.27. Discover and book NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour cancellation policy?
NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour?
NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour is hosted by Walk on the Wild Side Tours NYC. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Walk on the Wild Side Tours NYC on Tripadvisor. Discover and book NYC Indie Rock Walking Tour on Tripadvisor