Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (189)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
Philadelphia was the first capital of the United States, and is home to many major historical monuments and landmarks. On this intimate walking tour, see most of Philadelphia’s essential sights, all while learning about the City of Brotherly Love’s history from your guide. In the company of a small group, see Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross, Franklin Court, and more, and wind down with a cold beverage in Old City.
You'll start at
101 S Independence Mall E
101 S Independence Mall E, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USABehind the Religious Liberty Statue at the southeast corner of 5th and Market streets
See address & details
- 1Philadelphia Urban AdventuresStop: 2 hours -See details
- 2Betsy Ross HouseStop: 5 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Elfreth's AlleyStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 4Christ ChurchStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Franklin CourtStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 6Independence MallStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 7Dream Garden Glass MosaicStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 8Washington Square ParkStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 9Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American RevolutionStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 10Independence National Historical ParkStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
You'll end at
Philadelphia, PA, USAPub in the heart of Old City
See address & details
- See Philadelphia’s essential landmarks in the space of an afternoon
- Learn all about the city’s history and hear funny anecdotes from your guide
- Stop for a drink in Old City, one of Philadelphia’s coolest neighborhoods
- Upgrade your tour to include a craft beer tour and tasting
What to Expect
This afternoon tour kicks off at the Philly Tour Hub, conveniently located in the heart of Old City. Meet your guide and set off on an in-depth exploration of Philadelphia. This small-group tour guarantees a personal, up-close experience. Begin at the Betsy Ross House, where the first American flag was sewed, and continue through Old City. See Elfreth’s Alley (the country’s oldest continually occupied residential street), the church where the Founding Fathers worshiped, and Franklin Court, once home to Benjamin Franklin. Then, continue to Independence Mall. Admire the exterior of Independence Hall (where the Declaration of Independence was signed) and look out for the US Mint. Throughout your tour, your guide shares insight and stories about Philadelphia’s history. The tour concludes at a popular local establishment in Old City, where you enjoy a craft beer or a soft drink. Or, upgrade to enjoy a craft beer tasting and tour experience.
101 S Independence Mall E, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Local English-speaking guide
- A beer or beverage at the final stop
- Admission to various historic buildings
- Entry/Admission - Betsy Ross House
- Entry/Admission - Independence National Historical Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Entrance into buildings/sites are on a time and queue permitting basis
- Guests must be 21 years or older to consume alcohol. Photo ID is required
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour does not go inside Christ Church on the 5:30 pm departure. We will view it from the outside
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Thought Nate was an excellent tour guide. I was very disappointed that we could not gain entry to Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House and the Ben Franklin house. I had called customer service to inquire if the entrance fees were paid on our behalf . The advertising is…
Date of experience: March 2020
Response from PHLUA, General Manager at Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia
Responded 20 Mar 2020
Thank you very much for the review and we appreciate your feedback. We're also happy to hear you enjoyed the experience with Nate. We completely understand the frustration about entry into Philly's big attractions, specifically The Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Although those attractions are free, Indy Hall requires a timed ticket and the Liberty Bell often involves a long line. We feel that the best value we can offer on the tour is to highlight these places and many others in Philly's Historic District, and then offer options for our guests to explore the attractions themselves in more depth. It is never our intention to mislead or create false advertising about the inclusions on the tour, and we will continue to improve the way this is communicated on our website, through our distributors, and with our customer experience team on the phone. Thank you again for the feedback.
Josh was amazing! A wealth of knowledge! Even though we were the only two he made us feel special. You will not be disappointed.
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from AdamPhilly, Manager at Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia
Responded 7 Apr 2020
We agree, Josh is an amazing and very knowledgeable guide. We are lucky to have him on our Urban Adventures team! Thank you for joining him on our History in HD tour. We hope to see you again in the future.
Nina was a wonderful guide. Really gave us a “local” view of this great city. Highly recommend Nina!
Alex was a personable and knowledgeable guide. He was skilled at getting to know tour participants a bit and then weaving his tour narrative in such a way that he touched on things that might be especially meaningful to the listeners, a mark of an exceptional teacher. This was a…
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Philadelphia Urban Adventures
History in HD Walking Tour
My fiancee and I went on the History in HD Walking Tour through Philadelphia Urban Adventures. I would highly reco…
Italian Market Immersion Tour
We had a great experience. Our guide, Chuck, was knowledgable, personable, and everything you would want in a guide…
The Italian Market with Nina
Amazing morning with Nina on the Italian Market Immersion Tour. So much information about Philadelphia and her obv…
Amazing Italian Market Experience with Annett
The tour opened my eyes to some of the hidden gems that Philly's Italian Market has to offer. On top of that, Annet…
So I was a VIP on this tour. Annett led the tour and her colleague came along to experience it and he also gave me …
Great tour with Nicole
We really enjoyed the “Markets, Mosaics and Magic Tour” with Nicole. The tour was about 3 hours plus time at the Ma…
Day Tour in South Philly
We had a wonderful tour with Annett! She was so Knowledgeable and passionate about the art and magic or South Phill…
Great tours with Adam
Great tour, on one day Adam was our guide for the Italian market , showing us around there and allowed us to taste …
Small Group Historical Walking Tour
This tour was excellent. It was well organized and the history was from a local perspective and an international pe…
Great experience made even better by our guide
We had signed up for this guide hoping to taste some food at the market and get the inside scoop from a guide. Anne…
Beer and History mix well!
Had a Henry as our knowledgable guide, and brewery himself, walked us to few bars with great in-between stops for a…
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour! Julia, our tour guide, was wonderful--so knowledgeable, engaging, and interesting…
Had a blast with Rob as our guide. Very knowledgeable and entertaining for the entire tour. Would recommend to anyo…
Lots of fun, even for a local!
My husband and I really enjoyed this Christmas gift! While it took us a year to use it, we were so thankful when w…
Best Part of the Weekend
My wife and I love food tours in different cities. Our guide Nicole did a great job showing us the Philly Italian m…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 729 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 951 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia
- Franklin Court
- Christ Church
- Elfreth's Alley
- Washington Square Park
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution
Which attractions will I visit with Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia?
During this experience, places you will visit include:
How much is Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia?
Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia price starts from US$45.00. Discover and book Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia on Tripadvisor
What is the Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia cancellation policy?
Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia?
Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia is hosted by Philadelphia Urban Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Philadelphia Urban Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia on Tripadvisor