Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (183)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Eat your way through Savannah on a small-group history and culinary tour limited to 14 people for a more personal experience. With your guide, pop into several restaurants and food stores that specialize in authentic Southern classics, and sample food while picking up bits of Savannah history along the way. After your tour, get a map of your food route, so you can go back to the places you liked during your visit.
- Historical and culinary tour of Savannah showcases the city’s best assets
- Sample classic dishes from several eateries—with enough for lunch
- Pick up stories and trivia from Savannah’s past along the way
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people for a personal experience
What to Expect
Meet your guide at a central location in Savannah. Begin walking through the city’s famous squares and along its scenic waterfront en route to several restaurants serving up authentic Southern cuisine such as shrimp and grits and pork belly donut sliders. Taste enough samples to qualify as a filling lunch. Along the way, learn about Savannah’s distinct culture and long history as Georgia’s first colony from your guide and walk past some of the city’s main attractions. This Savannah food tour is conducted at a leisurely pace and includes two rest breaks. Conclude your tour at the City Market. Please Note: Advise of any allergies or other dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements section when booking.
14 Barnard St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Andaz Savannah - a concept by Hyatt, 14 Barnard St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- 3-Hour Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour
- Professional/Local Guide
- Food Tastings from 6 Popular Savannah Eateries
- Learn about the food, restaurants, history, and culture that help shape the Hostess City’s palate
- Locations include award-winning honey store & Scottish pub featuring the food of Savannah’s settlers
- Non-Alcoholic Beverage Sampling Included
- Map of Food Tour Route
- Additional Drinks (available for purchase)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please include your contact phone number at checkout, used only in case the Tour Guide needs to contact you
- Please advise of any allergies or other dietary restrictions in the special requirements section of the booking page
- Vegetarian options are available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- May not be appropriate for all children; please exercise discretion as this tour requires standing, walking, and listening to history/stories for 3 hours
- Tastings are the equivalent of a lunch portion; eating breakfast before taking the tour is advised
- Alcoholic beverages must be in a plastic or Styrofoam cup and only one alcoholic beverage is allowed at a time; failure to comply can result in a fine by Savannah Police
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- If you are traveling with infant, please advise at the time of booking under special requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We had a great time on our food tour and we were lucky enough to get paired up with John as our tour guide. Fantastic tour....lots of enthusiasm. It was easily the best tour of this type I've ever been on. The tour was packed full of "Top 10" Savannah restaurants! I was…
Date of experience: June 2020
Learning about the history of Savannah and tasting the local food was a wonderful experience! Although I have been on several tours of Savannah, this tour guide was exceptional in her knowledge and her passion for Savannah was evident!!!!
Date of experience: June 2020
Julie was our tour guide and she was fantastic! I had placed in the comments when booking I don’t eat pork and they were right on it. Every place we went, if need be, would have a substitute food to enjoy. She was knowledgeable and fun, definitely a tour everyone should check…
Date of experience: June 2020
This was a great experience. Cindy was a Fantastic tour guide. All of the stops were very good. Zunzi's was my personal favorite, although the Little Crown was a close second. Cindy did a great job with the history, food and was so good.
This walking tour taste experience was definitely worth it. My 14 year old twin boys loved it. Our tour guide was amazing and explained the history of Savannah. The local eateries/restaurant choices along the path were delicious. I definitely liked how our tour guide talked…
Date of experience: June 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours
Cindy, the tour guide was wonderful. Full of detailed information about Savannah's history. Food on the other han…
Our Tour guide, John, was the perfect blend of energy, enthusiasm, cheesiness, and knowledge. This tour is not just…
We took the First Squares food tour at the Savannah Taste Experience, and our tour guide was Kelly, a retired chef.…
Yummy Fun with Our Kids
We really enjoyed seeing Savannah from a culinary angle. We loved our guide Ann and our three kids even enjoyed all…
Restaurants changed because of COVID-19
This experience was a bit of a mixed bag. After reading the reviews, I can't say that my expectations (food-wise) w…
Would definitely do again!
This was my family’s first restaurant/food tour. We really enjoyed it. Our tour guide was Country. She was hilariou…
Enjoyed this walking Food Tour
Really enjoyed this tour. We had already spent 2 days in Savannah and eaten at some of the ‘big name’ places. It …
The food was good, and a good example of Savannah food. Out guide, John, Was informative and entertaining. I reco…
We took the Famous and Secret East Side tour with Julie. It’s was a lot of fun and Julie was a great guide. This to…
Cindy is amazing!
Cindy was incredibly welcoming, friendly, and knowledgeable. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with her and will be do…
Great food tour! Highly recommend
Juli was a very knowledgeable and fun tour guide. This is a fun way to spend a few hours exploring downtown and try…
Great Way to Experience the City
It was so great to meet the different restaurateurs and tasting the food. Julie, our guide, was a great resource f…
Fabulous!!! John, our guide, was so great! Knowledgeable and funny! Food was delish! Our fave stop was Cha Bellas!…
Savannah food tour
This tour was dynamite ! The tastes from the restaurants were tasty and filling, and their were signature coc…
Best way to experience the city!
This walking/food tour was fantastic! Our guide was so knowledgeable about the city so we felt like we got a food t…
- Savannah Historic District, Oglethorpe Square, and 2 more
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 778 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 5,156 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,849 travellers!
Culinary & Gourmet Tour
Frequently Asked Questions about Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour?
Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour price starts from US$60.59. Discover and book Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour cancellation policy?
Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour?
Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour is hosted by Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Savannah Culinary & Cultural Walking Food Tour on Tripadvisor