Begin your behind-the-scenes tour of Mardi Gras World by hopping on the shuttle at one of the 20 stops in central New Orleans. Shuttles run every half hour from each location from morning until mid-afternoon, so you can easily fit your 90 minute excursion into a day of sightseeing.
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by your guide, an expert in all things Mardi Gras. Get inspired by the warehouses and ‘float dens,’ studio spaces where designers create elaborate floats for the festival’s 40-plus parades. Learn the meanings behind the symbols and design details, and check out the incredible planning and labor that goes into constructing each float.
You’ll come away with a greater understanding of Mardi Gras, a beloved and deep‐rooted tradition that is now the largest cultural celebration in the U.S. Before heading back to town on the shuttle, get a photo with your favorite float and try on some fun festival costumes—and don’t forget to grab a delicious slice of King Cake.Free French Quarter Shuttle Stops
1. Cafe Du Monde, 800 Decatur St.
2. Bourbon Orleans Hotel, 717 Orleans St.
3. Dauphine Orleans Hotel, 415 Dauphine St.
4. Hotel Le Marais, 717 Conti St.
5. Hotel Mazarin, 730 Bienville St.
6. Basin St. Station, 501 Basin St.
Free Downtown Shuttle Route
1. Mardi Gras World Shuttle Stop
2. Marriott on Canal St.
3. Astor Crowne Plaza
4. Ritz-Carlton Maison Orleans
5. Roosevelt New Orleans
6. Le Pavillon Hotel
7. Drury Inn & Suites
8. Whitney Wyndham
9. Staybridge Suites
10. Loews New Orleans
11. Harrah's Hotel
12. Hilton New Orleans Riverside
13. Omni Riverfront Hotel
14. Marriott Convention Center
15. Hampton Inn & Suites
16. Hyatt Place
17. Mardi Gras World