Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The hike through Fimmvörðuháls, from Skógar to Þórsmörk, is one of Iceland´s best known hiking routes. We start our day at the 60 m high Skógarfoss waterfall, where we begin our 25 kilometer hike towards Þórsmörk. The trail winds along Skógá River and its many waterfalls, and up between the two Glaciers, Eyjafjallajökull and Mýrdalsjökull. There we will experience the recent lava flow from the 2010 eruption on Fimmvörðuháls and hike on the two volcanic craters – Móði and Magni. From there we will start our decent towards Þórsmörk, where the view can be spectacular. If we are lucky we can see Volcanos, Glaciers, the Highlands and Glacier valleys. Our hike takes us through rough Icelandic landscape and beautiful nature.
Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Small group sizes, personal guidance.
- Operates in all weathers, please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots are recommended.
- We recommend bringing hiking boots, rain jacket/pants and warm clothing in general.
- Infant/child seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Southcoast Adventure
An awasome excursion to Landmannalauger in superjeep
The 10th of july 2020, we went to visit Landmannalauger with Hilmar Finnson. We enjoyed a lot, it was amazing and H…
2 trips - Katla Ice cave and Wilcard Adventure
We did 2 trips with Southcoast Adventure - Katla Ice Cave and Wildcard Adventure. Hokur and Villi were our guides …
Wonderful day trips with Southcoast Adventure
We had two full days, one touring South Iceland, and then the Golden Circle. Both days were excellent and we parti…
Brilliant Super Jeep Tour
Brilliant tour from Hotel Ranga out to the black sandy beaches with views of . Then up the glacier valley to see th…
The best trip of our holiday
We didn’t really know what to expect about this trip but it really was the most exciting and enjoyable day. Our gui…
Snowmobiling on a glacier...a totally unique experience
We had a fantastic time snowmobiling to the top of the glacier. It was just me and my husband and our guide, Almar…
Couldn't be anything better
First sunny day in over a month or two. Fresh snow in the hills. It just happened that we were the only two people …
Ask for Helmar!
Southcoast Adventure is a terrific operation. Planned a customized itinerary for us, including airport transport (…
Great Tour w/ Omar
Omar our guide was amazing! He was great driving the Super Jeep and gave good laughs. He is really knowledgable abo…
2 Wonderful Tours
Family of 4 did tours on consecutive days. Our private tours allowed us to customize the tours. The 1st tour was th…
Don't Miss Out
Just got back from our trip - 3 days with Southcoast Adventures and couldn't be happier. They picked us up from th…
The Best Way to Really Experience Iceland
Our family of five (three sons, 20, 20, 16) wanted to explore Iceland and the boys certainly hoped for fun adventur…
A great way to spend half a day!
Superjeep exploration of the Eyjafjaljallajokull glacier. Personable driver. Felt safe at all times. Not the best w…
Excellent Guide Haukuar (Sounded Like Har Gar) or Hawk Consistently Upped Experience That We Never Expected (Thank You)
Our tour days and site visits got shifted around due to the wind storm from the day before. We had to do part of th…
So much fun!
The main thing was how much fun it was to drive the buggies, the second is the views of the valley and the nature a…
- Southcoast Adventure
- Duration: 11h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 520 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 275 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep
- Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep on Tripadvisor
- Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep price starts from £405.87. Discover and book Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep on Tripadvisor
- Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep on Tripadvisor
- Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep is hosted by Southcoast Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Southcoast Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Fimmvorduhals Day Hike by Super Jeep on Tripadvisor