Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Step into a haven of tranquility. Nestled among the lush native rain-forest in the heart of Franz Josef, the Glacier Hot Pools provide a truly unique setting for absolute relaxation. The pools are located in the heart of Franz Josef township and are walking distance from most accommodation. Our Private Pools are surrounded by majestic rain-forest and offer total seclusion, naturally. Your Private Pool experience includes private changing facilities with towels and complimentary entry into the Main Pools. After your 45-minute private pool experience, you can shower and change or head out to main pools. Alternatively, you are also welcome to enjoy the main pools before your private booking. The private pools were gifted their names by the local Maori tribe, Te Runanga o Makaawhio: Te Wai Whakahaumanu (reviving waters), Te Wai Whakawai (easing waters) Te Wai Taurima (tending waters). There are spa and massage treatments available onsite as well as a licensed café.
63 Cron Street, Franz Josef / Waiau 7886, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Complimentary entry to the three main pools
- Access to Private Cabana and changing facilities
- Use of towels
- Private Hot Pool for 45 Minutes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Four of us enjoyed a lovely pool experience using both the private& larger open pools. Wonderful service from the staff, beautiful setting, great amenities - totally enjoyable and easy to recommend
Date of experience: January 2021
It was a rainy day and our glacier tour was cancelled so we decided to relax at the hot pools. Since there were 4 of us it made sense to take a private pool to start off with. You get 45 minutes in the private pool as well as a private shower, toilet and changing room. You also…
Date of experience: February 2020
2 Helpful votes
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools
Lovely surroundings but not a cheap option
Pretty expensive for our family of 5 to visit. It is very confusing where to pay. It is very clean and modern. Liv…
Great to relax the muscles after a long walk
We called into the hot pools after enjoying a late afternoon walk of Lake Mathieson. It wasn't too crowded and the…
Great, even on a wet day
I needed something to do on a day when it rained all day. The Pools are prepared for that, with awnings over the t…
Not fed by thermal springs but still a nice way to end the day. Pleasant bushy surroundings and helpful staff.
Warm pools that made me relax. Lots of space to roam or kick back and be lazy.
I recommend this for children or adults. All you need is a pair of togs and maybe goggles. A bench that tracks all …
Lovely Hot Pools!
We highly enjoyed our dip in the hot pools! We went on a rainy, quiet day so we ended up having the pools to oursel…
Good spot for relaxation
Beautiful hot pools with different temperatures, choose one that the most comfortable you . We ve been there with m…
I wouldn't pay a ticket if it wasn't included in my hike.
We did the Heli Hike with Franz Joseph Guides, so it was included in our ticket. It was nice to have some relaxing …
Depends What You Are Looking For
Our group of seven had a paid for reservation to enjoy these hot pools. Our heli-hike had been cancelled earlier in…
Right opposite our motel accommodation with multiple pools and variable water temperatures extremely theraputic and…
A good place on a wet day
It was a wet day and my helicopter flight to the glacier had been cancelled so i decided to chill in the hot pools.…
The pools were warm and serene. It was a nice change from being wet and cold on the previous day as we traveled th…
A relaxing visit
These pools are not natural. They are created but done well. You do get the impression of being in the rainforest. …
Hot pools amongst pungas and ferns
These are the best hot pools I have been in. Three very clean pools of different temperatures. Each one surrounded …
Not that big a deal
Thought it would be bigger. There are a few pools and it can get quite busy. If staying at the Rainforest Retreat, …
- Duration: 45m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry
- Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry price starts from £53.80. Discover and book Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry on Tripadvisor
- Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry on Tripadvisor
- Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry is hosted by Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry on Tripadvisor
- On average, this experience will take approximately 45m. Discover and book Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools: Private Pool Entry on Tripadvisor