After meeting your guide across the street from Providence City Hall at 12pm, you'll begin a walking tour on this one-of-a-Kind food tasting tour. This fully-narrated guided tour will visits at least six food tasting locations in the Downcity Arts District neighborhood. Delicious food tastings are served from both casual eateries serving up approachable, local farm-to-table comfort food to award winning fine dining plating fresh creative dishes. A few stops include a tasting and briefing on the art of 'bao' making (Chinese filled steam bun); a Parisian-inspired café, where guests partake in the pleasures of seasonal, wholesome goodness; a coal-fired, made from scratch gourmet favorite; and a non-traditional, experimental bakery stand serving up inventive sweet and savory snacks.
Between bites and samplings, you’ll get an insider’s view of the Providence Downcity's hot modern day culinary landscape, where food, art and architecture collide in a very walkable, scenic, diverse small city. Your expert guide with share their knowledge of epicurean favorites, hidden murals and art, architectural gems, hidden speakeasies and local festivals and entertainment to be found in the creative capital.
Sample Tasting Locations:
• Ellie's Bakery & Cafe - A Parisian inspired bakery filled with goodness and prepared with responsibly sourced local ingredients
• Oberlin - James Beard nominated casual neighborhood restaurant and wine bar with a hyper local small plate focus.
• Dune Brother's Seafood - Unconventional local sustainable New England fish shack.
• Friskie Fries - Crunchy fun-tastic fries served with savory and sweet toppings. Watch for their retro inspired food trucks and jump in on the naughty toppings.
• Knead - Classic, timeless artisan doughnuts elevated to a whole new level.
• Yoleni's - A first in the US, Greek Emporium where you will discover and experience exotic foods and flavors of Greece.
• Gracie's - A seasonally inspired fine dining establishment focused on fresh local ingredients, some grown on their own rooftop. A Prestigious, AAA 4 Diamond Award Winner 5 years in a rowThe tour will end at Gracie's on Washington Street at approximately 3pm - 3:15pm.