Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
A world-class tourism destination just 45 minutes from Queenstown Airport, Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park is home to a range of exceptional experiences which are exciting for the whole family. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be looked after by their friendly team – treating you to some authentic kiwi hospitality! Voted the #1 Thing to Do in Cromwell by TripAdvisor, Highlands – Experience the Exceptional is conveniently located along SH 6 in Cromwell in beautiful Central Otago. It’s a must do when you’re exploring the region – ideal for day trips because Highlands really does offer something fun and extraordinary for everyone. So whether you’re travelling solo, as a couple, in a group, or with family, Highlands is an NZ must-do for the ride of your lives.
Highlands - Experience the Exceptional, Corner SH6 and Sandflat Road, Sandflat Road, Cromwell 9384, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Helmet, Race suit, Race Boots and safety gear
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Absolutely great experience. My instructor Paul was fantastic and the whole experience smooth and fabulous
Awesome - partner loved it. Staff were awesome and so helpful. Can't fault them. Didn't do the museum as was too expensive after already paying to do the u-drive. Would be cool if you could get cheap museum access if you'd paid for an experience or something. All and all…
Date of experience: June 2020
Response from JSHMP2015, Manager at Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park
Responded 30 Jun 2020
Hey there Amanda Dunedin, Thanks for the feedback and recognition of our team - they work really hard to deliver the exceptional , so we really appreciate you letting us know that they nailed it. We normally do half price museum entry if you do any ride product, I'm sorry that was not offered to you on this day. We will use your feedback as a reminder not to drop the ball. The museum is fantastic, and with our new Virtual reality experience, its well worth the $30. Feel free to private message me on Josie@highlands.co.nz and I'd be happy to make sure next time you visit, you don't miss out on the museum. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Highlands one day soon, Josie
Wow!! What an awesome experience. All the staff from the drivers to the cafe were all friendly and helpful. We were there at the end of the day and the cafe staff served us even though they were closing up. Definitely recommend for families of all ages!!
Date of experience: May 2020
had a total blast at Highlands , I did the you drive Mustang , the must fun you can have with your clothes on . Damion The Instructor was great , he let me lose on the Mustang , Might have got a wee bit sideways at one point. Then most of our party went on the Go carts , almost…
Date of experience: February 2020
2 Helpful votes
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Highlands - Experience the Exceptional
what a rush!
We came to celebrate my Dads 60th Birthday. The rest of the family had a go in the taxi, which had us squeezing eac…
Soooo much fun
Wow what a place. Top notch facilities. The school holiday deal was epic value. Smiles all round!! Definitely book …
A Must Do
Fantastically friendly staff, who went out of their way to give us an awesome day, and the experience of a lifetime…
great day out at highlands.
just a note to say thank you heaps for the experiences we had the staff were friendly and informative. My wife and …
A brilliant afternnon
A Place worth visiting, with limited time available we spent the entire time in the Car Museum which turned out to …
Zoom Zoom Birthday
We visited Highlands Park as a group of 6 couples where the guys were celebrating a 50th birthday. It was a fanta…
Great birthday treat
I booked this for my husband's birthday, and he really enjoyed the experience. We arrived a little early and waited…
Interesting Place - Especially for Race Car Lover
You get to see the history of car racing. Car models there will make you want to stay and admire. There is a sectio…
Even though I was a little nervous being first up in the group of drivers today the instructor was calm and gave c…
A little apprehensive about a fast lap, but Steve the driver of the Porsche is amazing and calm, and wonderfully fa…
We did the taxi and go karts. The taxi was super cool and traveled very fast was a great way to see and learn habi…
A definite "must do" if cars is your thing
Arrived feeling real hungry. Coffee and lunch was delicious with a great view overlooking the park. Enjoyed the car…
Will be back with the boy next time to show him the cars and give him ago on the go karts very happy
Slow boring karts
The two seat karts are heavily restricted in power performance which for me completely destroyed the experience, ab…
Great day out.
Three teenage boys had a blast on the go-karts, second race works out cheaper than the first ( and they had the adv…
- Duration: 1h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,776 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,945 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park on Tripadvisor
- Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park price starts from £214.19. Discover and book Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park on Tripadvisor
- Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park on Tripadvisor
- Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park is hosted by Highlands - Experience the Exceptional. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Highlands - Experience the Exceptional on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mustang V8 U-Drive - Highlands Motorsport and Tourism Park on Tripadvisor