View all photos (9)
Book by April 23 to save 15% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The final pearl in the tropical beach necklace that stretches south of Mombasa is the idyllic island of Wasini, located about 76km south of the Likoni ferry crossing. With its faded white alleyways, Swahili fishing vibe and fat, mottled trees, this tiny island (it's only 5km long) feels like a distant relative of Lamu and Zanzibar. It's ripe with the ingredients required for a perfect backpacker beachside hideaway: it has that sit-under-a-mango-tree-and-do-nothing-all-day vibe, a coastline licked with pockets of white sand and Kisite Marine National Park, the most gorgeous snorkelling reef on the coast. In fact, the only things it doesn’t have are regular electricity, banana-pancake traveller cafes, backpacker hostels and cars, and it’s all the better for it.
You’ll have 2 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park and ReserveStop: 6 hours - Admission includedYou will be picked from your hotel at around 7.20 am and drive to Wasini Island along Mombasa – Lunga Lunga highway, arriving at around 8.40 am. Arrive at Shimoni Jet where you will board an Arabic dhow and sail for one hour searching for dolphins. Sail to Kisite Marine National Park where you will snorkel and swim. Kisite Marine national park is the second most famous marine park in the world after the Australian Marine Park. It covers an area of 30km2. Animals seen here include turtles, marine tortoise, coral reefs and different types of marine fishes. You will have your lunch at the island which is mainly sea food and Swahili dishes.(If you don’t take sea food, other meals can be arranged for you) After lunch, you will sail along the mangrove swamps and then visit the Wasini Island where you will learn more about the Swahili people and the Arabs history. Also there is an option of visiting the Shimoni Slave Caves. This is where slaves were “stored” before being shipped off to Arabia in the early 18th century. This is where in the 10th century, Arabs were slave traders and they used to inter marry with the Bantus at the coast and there we had the Swahili people. After the end of the slave trade in the 17th century, many Africans settled here and so don’t miss the opportunity to learn about the Swahili people. Arrive at the jet at around 4.00 pm thereafter drive back to the hotel/apartmentRead more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Diani Beach, Kenya Mombasa, Kenya
Returns to original departure point
- Transport, Lunch, Marine Park fees, Pick up from and to hotel
- Entry/Admission - Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park and Reserve
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We book a day trip to Wasini Island in order to do snorkel and other activities. So the day starts when they pick us up in our hotel and then take us to the place where we should take the boat. There was zero communication, the driver of the car just told us: go there and you…
Date of experience: March 2020
Response from Diani_Travel_Centre, General Manager at Wasini & Kisite Marine Park Day Tour
Responded 2 weeks ago
Greeting Apologies for the terrible experience and the bad weather that we did not expect. We have wired you a full amount as we amicably agreed in the office. We have received and recorded the entire report from our handling agent at Kisite marine park and he has confirmed the weather was terrible and the sea was agitated.
Of all the wonderful things we did in Diani this was not one of them. We felt it was an utter rip off and complete waste of time and money. Seeing the dolphins was nice but that was it. After we'd opted for the snorkeling close to the boat option, instead the dhow we were on…
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from Diani_Travel_Centre, Guest Relations Manager at Wasini & Kisite Marine Park Day Tour
Responded 17 Jan 2020
Greetings, Thank you for your review. We apologize for the horrible experience you had with your family. We where not aware of the situation. We will follow up with our handling agents and do some changes so that in future, nothing like that will repeat itself. Otherwise, we thank you so much for your review and making us aware of what is happening on the ground.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Diani Travel and Tours
Good Safari, but not as described when booking
Two day safari in Tsavo East with Diani Travel and Tours booked through Trip Advisor. The driver, Julius was very …
Do not walk past this shop without popping in for a quote
Just back from an amazing few days at the Maasai Mara & NAIROBI. Massive thanks to Bruce & his team for their contr…
Our trip wasn’t good from the beginning. In emails we asked if it will be private or group tour, they said private.…
Great Safari Experience
Diani Travel and Tours were very accomodating as I needed to be picked up in Kilifi. It is a long drive from Mombas…
An awesome experience
Our driver Daniel was terrific, always on time and very accomadating as we needed to be picked up and dropped off i…
What to expect is very misleading
According to the description the animals seen in this area include elephants, buffalos, giraffes, impalas, heartbea…
Best in class
As everytime we booked our journey through Kenia individualyl and were a bit afraid if all works because we usually…
It was pleasure to spend a holiday in diani. The trip was all organised . The flights, transfers, and the hotel wer…
We took part in a 3 days safari Tsavo East and Taita Hills and it was a very beautiful experience. We stayed 1 nigh…
4 night safari
A good safari and an excellent driver and safari guide in Patrick. We had a four night safari to Ashnill Aruba, Rhi…
Still fantastic Value and Service.
This was our third year in succession that we used Diani Travel to organise our Safari. From the initial contact ,s…
Safari Meru National parc
With the Mombassa train To Nairobi. First class riding To the wonderfull Kenyan landscape. 6 hours later a perfect…
We had a incredible experience travelling through four nature reserves on our safari trip organised by Bruce from D…
Our 5-day safari trip organized by Bruce from Diani Travel and Tours has been an amazing experience. We were picke…
Unforgettable 5 days safari experience
All trip arranged by Bruce and his team was best experience possible: our guide Timothy was waiting for us at Nairo…
- Duration: 6–7 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241