Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Take a tour to Osh, a city with over 3000 years of history. You will visit the major sights, experience the oriental culture mixed with ancient and Soviet union history and modern life. Visit the holy mountain Sulaiman-Too (UNESCO Heritage) and the museum inside the mountains. Learn the traditions and specifics of Lepeshka bread. Dive in the atmosphere of lively and interesting bargain and trading at the oriental bazaars.
- You'll start atOshOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Osh New MosqueStop: 5 hours - Admission includedYou will have absolutely memorable day with the Osh city with over 3000 years history! Experience the southern capital of Kyrgyzstan culture and traditions. You will start your tour with Lepeshka making master-class. Early in the morning streets of the city start to smell with hot national bread baked in the stone oven called Tandyr. You will experience all the process of the dough making, graving it with the special tool, putting in the oven and taking out. You will try the hot bread, even though it is persive unhealthy, local people think about it as a local “delicates” when it’s just taken out. After the master-class you will head to the Central Square and one of the largest statues in the world “Big Lenin” statue. The Lenin Monument in Osh will attract the attention of those who interested in the history of the Soviet period. Further, you will continue to the Zadnepetrovsky square, known as the "Complex of Memorials", you will also visit Navoi park watching there local aksakals sitting and playing chess and enjoying green tea, which they love the most. You will dive into the atmosphere of oriental bazaar in Osh city too. “Zhaima” is the biggest eastern market in the city, stretched for a kilometer along the western bank of the Ak-Bura River. You will find everything you want: food, clothes, household goods, textiles, souvenirs, and even cattle. You will watch the process of barging and even try it yourself. In the afternoon you will spend the time visiting local Russian Orthodox Church named after the Archangel Michael, and established in 1877, and then enlarged in 1909. Nowadays is one of the essential attractions of the city. While walking from one to another sights you will observe the local life, symbolism of Soviet Union times, saved in Murals on the buildings and learn the history of the city, which also was a part of the Great Silk Road. You will have lunch in the local cafe. Start the second part of Osh city walking tour with Asaf ibn Burhia Mausoleum. Then you will continue to another famous place of Muslim pilgrimage - the Mausoleum of Asaf ibn Burkhia located at the southeastern foot of the sacred mountain Sulaiman-Too. A mausoleum named after the Tsar Sulaiman's vizier. According to legend, he bequeathed to bury himself at the foot of this mountain. We recommend to complete the tour with the visit to the holy mountain - Sulaiman-Too before evening. Sulaiman-Too Mountain dominates the surrounding landscape of the Fergana Valley and forms the backdrop to the city of Osh. In medieval times Osh was one of the largest cities of the fertile Fergana valley at the crossroads of important routes on the Central Asian Silk Road system, and Sulaiman-Too was a kind of lighthouse for travelers. Sulaiman-Too is also famous by its historical museum, different sights on the mountain of pagan and tengrian religious movement, different caves and as well as Sulaiman-Too Mosque with observation deck from the top of the mountain. The Takhti – Sulaiman mosque is located in Osh city, on top of the Sulaiman-Too mountain, towering in the city centre. Tahti - means Suleiman’s throne. The ruler of the state of Moghulistan Sultan Mahmud-Khan built the mosque at the end of the 15th-century. According to ancient legends the prophet, Sulaiman prayed on the site of a stone slab, and Sultan Mahmud Khan built a cell for himself on this place. Later the cell became a mosque. End of Osh city walking tour with the beautiful views of the city from the top of Sulaiman-Too and sunset watching.Read more
- You'll end atOshOsh, KyrgyzstanSee address & details
Returns to original departure point
- Guide service
- Entry/Admission - Osh New Mosque
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- The price mentioned for a person in group of 2 people
- For an individual tour you need an extra charge of $ 30
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
The hidden gem of Central Asia
Thank you travel hub especially my wonderful tour guide Aiana and the tour driver Pavel. They have made this tour s…
Overpriced and uncomfortable
I did the 1 Day tour of Ala Archa and Eagle Hunting demonstration and I have to say how disappointed I was in this …
We did 7 day tour which was around the lake Issyk-Kol and Altyn Arashan gorge. It was super! I recommend to go up t…
Had a great fun trip in Kyrgyzstan.We had a awesome personal driver who took all our pictures and was very friendly…
Meeting the Agriculture of Kyrgyzstan
TravelHub has done a great job organizing an international tour around Kyrgyzstan for 26 students. The tour was hel…
Konorchek Canyons are a must!
I enjoyed an excellent day trip to the Konorchek Canyons arranged by the TravelHub team. Aiperi was especially dili…
Son-Kul + Issyk-Kul tour
I went on a 3-day tour to Son-Kul and south shore of Issyk-Kul lake. The tour was not only sightseeing, but also ri…
Me and my friend have visited Bishkek for a week. So we were looking for a unique experience of local cuisine. We …
Great introduction to Kyrgyz Culture and History plus a look into life outside the city
Aiperi was very helpful and communicative in organizing a tour for me on my one free day during my work travel. She…
Incredible tour & experience!
I'm an American based in the UAE and we had a three day weekend and since I've been wanting to explore the Stans, a…
Excellent experience at Kyrgyzstan
It was a superb experience I have ever had in my life, we went to so many countries for traveling but really apprec…
Nice overview of local culture
The trip was well organized with pick up from the hotel. Ayana the tour guide was knowledgeable, explaining all a…
Supara Chunkurchak Ethno Complex Tour
This tour is a great way to learn the culture of Kyrgyz nomad people. I was fascinated with the yurts and the relax…
The World Nomad Games freaking awesome!!!
The World Nomad Games are a biennial event showcasing nomadic sports, culture, and lifestyle. I attended the 2016 W…
Best trip ever
The travelhub team organized an amazing two day tour for me to Issyk Kul. It was a life experience and I enjoyed it…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass
Which attractions will I visit with Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass on Tripadvisor
How much is Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass?
Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass price starts from £78.14. Discover and book Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass on Tripadvisor
What is the Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass cancellation policy?
Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass?
Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass is hosted by TravelHub. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact TravelHub on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Osh City walking tour with Lepeshka making masterclass on Tripadvisor