6 Days, 5 Nights - Mount Kilimanjaro Trek (Machame Route)
Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (3)
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Machame, a beautiful route up Kilimanjaro that allows you to experience the southwest and south sides of the mountain, since you go up one way and down another. All your equipment and supplies are carried by porters and a cook prepares all your meals. Unlike the Machame Route where you sleep in huts, on the Machame you sleep in tents (tents are included), and the porters will pitch your tent for you. Meals are served in a dinner tent or on a blanket outside. This makes the Machame, which is referred to as the "Whiskey Route," better suited to more adventurous hikers, and it also rewards you with better views than the Machame Route. From late afternoon sunsets at Shira, to the misty revelations of Kibo's great Barranco Wall, the Machame Route offers the spunky hiker a continuous scenic slide show. The Machame Route is normally completed in 6 days, and this greatly helps your acclimatization.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mount KilimanjaroStop: 7 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Mount KilimanjaroStop: 6 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Mount KilimanjaroStop: 7 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 4Mount KilimanjaroStop: 7 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 5Mount KilimanjaroStop: 7 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 6Mount KilimanjaroStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Drinking water on the mountain, qualified guides with mountain crew, park entrance fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses, Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees, pulse oxemeters, first aid kit, guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain, all meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
- Gratuities, gear for your climb, emergency oxygen, visa and passport fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Daggaboys Tanzania Safaris
It was nice trip full of joy congratration to uyole cultural tourism enterprises, we reach at the crater and I swim…
During our stay in Dar es Salaam (in July and in September 2018), Robert was our personal driver. He is very kind, …
outstanding personal chauffeur for conference
Robert drove us around Dar Es Salaam for a week whilst we were there organising a conference. The days started ext…
Very nice experience
We have had a very good time, nice driver, always in time, and we have seen a lot of interessting places.
Our group of four took a 3 day, 2 night trip with a stay at the Selous Kinga Lodge. Our trip included a boat ride …
Daggaboys is always on the move in the right direction
> "For us as conference organizers three criteria are important: 1. > smooth communication in English with the driv…
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241