Learn, live, find out. At Alviela Ciência Viva Center, visitors are offered a journey through the Limestone Massif over 175 million years, up to the time when herds of dinosaurs “marked” their footprints in the limestone region of the Aire Mountain. Uncovering the underground water pathways in 3D, making it rain over the karst or "putting yourself in the shoes" of a bat and being guided only by sound are just some of the interactive proposals of our permanent exhibitions. The Alviela Ciência Viva Center - Carsoscópio is one of the centers of the National Network of Ciência Viva Centers, and is located next to the Alviela River spring, one of the most important water springs in Portugal.
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
We rank these restaurants and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location.
14 within 5 kms
Lareira do Casal
1.2 km££ - £££ • European • Portuguese
Restaurante Retiro do Capado & Pastelaria Amiense
1.7 km£ • Barbecue • European • Grill
Snack Bar Restaurante O Telheiro
Peneda's Bar Restaurante
2.5 kmEuropean • Portuguese
Casa de Pasto Fojo "O Pinheiro"
2.7 kmEuropean • Portuguese
3.1 km££ - £££ • Mediterranean • European • Portuguese
Cantinho Do Toino
3.7 km£ • European • Portuguese
Tertulia Do Gaivoto
3.9 km££ - £££ • European • Portuguese • Gluten Free Options
Restaurante O Patanisca
3.9 km£ • European • Portuguese • Soups
1 within 5 kms
Friendly and Cultural
A place to go to better understand the all Region and the bats. Very entertaining and raises awareness for a animal that not always has been treated properly.
Written 20 August 2017
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Thank you very much for your kind words. Hope to see you again! Best regards
Written 22 August 2017
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Gostava de saber se poderá ser apreciado por uma criança de 6 anos ou se será preferível ir sozinha ou esperar que a afilhada cresça mais um pouco
Boa tarde. Sim, claro que poderá ser apreciado por uma criança de 6 anos. Se já tiver 1,20m já poderá ir no simulador, caso contrário poderá ver o filme sentado numa das cadeiras laterais. As restantes salas não têm qualquer limitação. Até breve!
Frequently Asked Questions about Centro Ciencia Viva do Alviela - Carsoscopio
- Centro Ciencia Viva do Alviela - Carsoscopio is open:
- Tue - Fri 10:00 - 18:00
- Sat - Sun 11:00 - 19:00
- We recommend booking Centro Ciencia Viva do Alviela - Carsoscopio tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund. See all 1 Centro Ciencia Viva do Alviela - Carsoscopio tours on Tripadvisor
- Hotels near Centro Ciencia Viva do Alviela - Carsoscopio:
- (0.00 km) Centro Ciencia Viva do Alviela - Carsoscopio Dormitory
- (0.20 km) Bar Alojamento Local Olhos d'Agua
- (12.66 km) Cooking and Nature - Emotional Hotel
- (4.89 km) Hotel de Charme Casa da Amieira
- (1.51 km) Monte das Almas Gemeas