Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Mirissa
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- One of the best beaches we have been so far in the world. Nice restaurants on the beach and do not forget to climb the parrot rock to see the panorama view of the mirissa sea.Written 20 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Fantastic! An idyllic place for couples. Icing on the cake for the already beautiful Mirrissa beach. A spectacle to behold with a 270' sea view. Astonishingly clean water and a place to spend hours.Written 1 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A highly qualified specialist who treats his work with a love and respect for the clients. He has deep knowledge and applies it in practice. Work for results! It's a wonderful experience! I recommend 100 %Written 17 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very small but shallow lagoon so good for children. Great for snorkelling lots of rock pools. Hard to get to and very hot, no breeze because of hill behind. Shade and sunbeds if required. Restaurant dominates the background.Written 6 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The entire trip was amazing!! To begin with, the staff & crew take good care of the customers. They’re very friendly & patiently explain everything. They were ensuring that everyone gets the chance of watching the whales & dolphins. Not only that but they were thinking about not disturbing the natural course of the aquatic life. Altogether the experience was a great one! I highly recommend booking these guys as they’re the best!Written 28 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were luckily enough to see 2 blue whales, having spoken to other people who went the following day they did not see anything. The tour leaders do everything they can to make it an amazing experience and interact with the whole boat and we were extremely lucky to have been taken care of by Nalaka, Sachee, Chooti, and the rest of the crew. What a fantastic tour and incredible memories they have provided us with! They helped us with taking photos and videos to make sure that we could watch the whales but still have the footage to look at later when we got back. Fantastic trip, would definitely recommend!Written 29 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I did an early morning tour, as I wanted to see as many birds as possible. I was picked up from the hotel 5.45 and it took ~20 minutes to get on site. I was served breakafast on the boat (coconut pancakes, coffee and water). The tour was relaxing and I really enjoyed the place, atomsphere and the company of the guide. He knew where the birds will be, which was important for me.
I really recommned the tour if you are into a different type of Sri Lankan experience and if you are looking for solitude.Written 4 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have come here more than 5 times for body maintenance for my sore body from running + surfing :) Every time I come here, my body is fully refreshed.
The owner and his family are very friendly and helpful. They run the massage business in their house which is located in the edge of Mirissa, in a quiet neighborhood which makes each visit even more special :)
Thank you very muchWritten 21 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The beauty of nature is its unpredictability. No company can guarantee a calm sea, or promise 100% to see a whale, etc. A professional company only has control over safety, comfort, having excellent staff (we all rely on their eyes to spot animals and a knowledge of animal behaviours), a great vessel, food, etc and I can confidently say that the Whale Watching Club was phenomenal in this regard!!!
The staff collected me from my hotel punctually and the trip was seamless from the start. All trips seem to depart from the same port and I was looking at the other boats - many were very old, super crammed and looked desperately uncomfortable. Our boat was very new and there was a wonderful amount of space that made me so happy to not be on any of the other vessels. Actually, having space is important, because when you're trying to view wild animals, you often find yourself running around the boat trying to get the best view! I had a lovely coffee, sandwich, fruit, refreshments, etc (and even a beer which is not part of the package so don't complain if its not available).
I know the following may sound rather cruel to many, but nature is not cruel (sadly, only humans are the ones that are cruel towards nature). I saw 2 Killer Whales hunting and killing a dolphin which was fascinating. It is a rare occurence to see as a tourist and this was made possible, because the staff on the boat could read the ocean and seemed to just know where to go (we were the only tour company present and 15 minutes later, after the event had happened, 10 other boats appeared).
Thanks for the professional trip and also for so clearly caring about green tourism and preserving the wildlife through education and not exploitation (I remember the captain getting angry at another ship for disturbing the whales which I actually appreciated).Written 12 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Experience of a life time!
Within 15 -20 miniutes we were following a pod of Bottlenose Dolphins.
Spent about 10 minutes with them swimming all around us including right next to us.
Next we went in search of whales into the deep sea. After about 45 min. - 1 hr from the dolphins we had our 1st whale sighting.
It was a Blue Whale!! We saw it come up to breath many many times including quite a few tail flips when it was diving deep. We were lucky to have had a few sightings close to us with no other boat in the way. The Boat pilot did a very good job of getting us in very good positions to see the whales, as we were not the only boat around (approx 6-7 more boats in the same area)
The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. They we giving us information on what we were seeing and looking for.
The boat left on schedule and returned within about 3 hrs.
There were sandwiches and hotdog type buns served, water and bananas were also served and lastly fresh Watermelon and pineapple were served.
The Boat was very clean and there was a upper deck and lower deck. It was a twin hull boat which felt more comfortable than the smaller single hull boats.Written 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Booked a “Swim with Dolphins and Turtles” tour with Nuwan, who arranged everything properly, assuring safety precautions for us. A boat ride out and we found ourselves in the middle of a pod of dolphins and pilot whales! That was amazing snd the experience of being underwater with these intelligent mammals are just beyond words!
Thank you for the awesome trip!!
Thumbs UP!Written 21 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was such an amazing experience for us.super service from the staff.they ware so helpful through out the journey.staff was so concern about the safety of the customers and the tried their best to make our journey memorable.
This is where any one can have a great whale watching experience.Written 11 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had an amazing day with Raja and the whales…. It was a life long dream for me to see the Mighty Blue whale and this place made that happen in a wonderful way. We were lucky enough to see 4 Blue whales on the day but even if you were not they look after you so very well….. we were well fed, watered and kept up to date on the whole trip. If you book with this team I assure you they will try their best and do it in the right way!!!!!!!
Loved our dayWritten 17 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mirissa
- The best outdoor activities in Mirissa according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Mirissa on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Mirissa according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Udawalawe Safari Day Trip from Hikkaduwa/Galle/Unawatuna/Mirissa (All Inclusive)
- Sinharaja Rain forest tours
- Udawalawe National Park Safari from Mirissa
- Yala Safari Day Trip from Hikkaduwa / Galle / Unawatuna / Mirissa -All Inclusive
- Udawalawe National Park Safari Tour - Private & Customize Tour