Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- 4WD Tours
- Day Cruises
- Bodies of Water
- Ports of Call Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Photography Tours
- Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Nature and Wildlife
- Hiking Trails
- Horseback Riding
- Lunch Cruises
- Sunset Cruises
- Historical Tours
- Walking Tours
- Culinary & Gourmet Tour
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Special Offers
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Water Parks
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in St. Lucia
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent visit. We took the Saluna Water Taxi from Result Beach and were really impressed. We booked at the 'office's on the beach and were driven over to Pigeon Island by Ricky who also collected us for the return trip exactly at the pre-arranged time. He dropped us back on Result Beach in front of our hotel ! The trip cost :15,IS collared per person return and only takes a few minutes.
On the 'island' we were met by a guide who directed us to the National Park office where we paid the 10 US dollar per person fee. We climbed up to the Fort which is via a steep track which has lots of free roots and ends in steep wooden steps up into the fort. Spectacular views all round. The major points of interest have illustrated signage giving some historical details. Don't miss the visitor centre which has some really interesting information and displays. The entrance fee is for the upkeep of the island and worthwhile. Wear suitable shoes for a rough track. Allow about 3 hours, maybe more of you want to climb both peaks.
We had a toasted panini and cocktailsin the Jambe De Bois restaurant - fresh and tasty, and very reasonable.Written 16 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was a lot harder than we thought it would be. It is mainly climbing and it requires a lot of upper body strength to get up some of the rockfaces with the ropes. We had a guide- Wayne (Waynes tours and hiking club - facebook) he was fantastic and we definately could not have got up there without him. Thank you Wayne for a fab hike!!Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Magnificent old building based not too far from cruise dock port in Castries of St Lucia. Complete with a rather unique wooden ceiling and charming stain glass windows, unfortunately some areas of renovation are clearly needed. Nevertheless, it's a wonderful, charismatic building full of atmosphere and grace.Written 8 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Lively bay with beautiful views, bars, and restaurants. It’s definitely nice to see by boat or visit in person. We had a nice dayWritten 10 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a great time plenty of drinking,eating & dancing only down side would of liked to of stayed longer but any toilets we saw had a lock on & not aloud to use so had to get back to the hotel people did tell us you could use the beach sadly not for me.Written 13 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You can choose to either go into the mud baths or visit the volcano, we did the later. The guide we had was really knowledgeable and enthusiastic making the tour very interesting. The sulphur smell is very strong but you get used to it. Worth doing, even on a rainy day as it was for us.Written 19 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As mentioned in other reviews... this water park requires a lot of strength and stamina. This 40-something Mom probably should have just floated in the ocean and watched her kids... I could have done without participating, but my kids (Ages 8 and 10) LOVED it. We were originally going to do a 1/2 day, and after reading the reviews settled on 2 hrs. That was a perfect amount of time. My kids wouldn't have been ready at the end of an hour, but after 2 -- they were exhausted. Really unique and fun thing to do when you're in St. Lucia!Written 10 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Diamond Falls is a nice excursion. Very lush, the waterfall is pretty. We got in the mineral baths for awhile. Did not give 5 stars because you really need to have one of the guides take you through the garden, which we did. Nothing is labeled and I'm not sure how one would even go about getting in the baths without a guide. We thought it should be made more clear how about important hiring a guide is.Written 14 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Despite the negative reviews we had breakfast this morning fruit salad for the missus I had full Irish breakfast both delicious service prompt staff friendly,definitely coming back five starsWritten 16 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had many RED FLAG days in our 7 days. Huge waves that will knock you down and spin you around if you are caught by one. Not very big, lmaybe half a mile. Water temp was perfect as was the weather.Written 11 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice local community church with beautiful fresh flowers and some colorful windows in the middle of Gros Islet.Written 8 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Know all about the ground from TV in the UK but nothing treats you like a visit. Ground looks amazing and staff were very friendly. Well worth a little detour espies you like cricketWritten 2 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I saw this view twice. Our taxi driver both ways stopped here and saw tge view of castries harbor in the evening with a little overcast and leaving to airport while being sunny, its just a quick stop, you can see the capital surroundings and cruise ships dockingWritten 24 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Everything you read in other reviews is true but we found it difficult to determine what we were getting into and what it would actually cost. Thus the purpose of this review.
WHAT IT COSTS:
You do NOT need anyone to "book" this hike. You can drive there yourself and reservations are not required.
You pay a $50 entrance fee and are assigned a guide. You are not required to pay the guide but they do rely on tips. One guide told me they aren't paid at all which I find hard to believe but these people work hard and deserve something for that.
WHAT YOU'RE GETTING YOURSELF INTO:
The hike is broken into quarters with a rest stop at each one. The first quarter is pretty easy and the 2nd isn't bad but you start seeing some steeper sections.
The upper half is quite strenuous with many sections probably a 70% slope consisting of nothing but large rocks and other sections nearly as steep made up of 18" or higher steps. Most but not all such sections have some scrawny looking but fairly solid handrails to help yourself along but.
Keep in mind the photos I attached are not the most difficult sections. Those were steep sections with large rocks and I was using both hands and didn't take pictures.
WHAT YOU NEED WITH YOU:
The hiking poles they offer at the bottom for $5 each are not a bad idea, especially on the way down but I preferred to keep my hands free.
You need to carry your own water (available at the bottom if you don't take your own), so bring a backpack! You don't want to climb while trying to carry a drink.
You also need to bring a towel - it's humid and strenuous and you're going to sweat. I sweat a lot and my clothing was drenched by the time I got to the bottom.
While they don't have to be actual hiking shoes, you need good shoes with good tread. Forget trying this in sandals or flip flops.
Money. They have snacks (including some very good locally made ice cream) and drinks at the bottom and if you didn't bring your own, you're probably going go want something! And don't forget to tip your guide.
WHEN TO GO:
I believe they said they take hikes up until 2 pm but I'd recommend going in the morning before it gets too hot. Also check the weather - it was still cloudy by the time I got to the top and that inhibited the views somewhat, but I chose that particular date b/c it was going to be several degrees cooler than my other choices. Also when checking the weather, keep in mind that the weather varies drastically over small areas here. At our hotel across the valley above Sufriere, it poured rain all night long the night before our hike but at the Pitons only a short distance away as the crow flies, they got no rain at all.Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited this art studio. The sculptor does amazing work with just a chisel and no power equipment. He produces different themed sculptures of all sizes. There is a gallery and gift shop in addition to the workshop. A must see,Written 23 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Lucia
- The best day trips from St. Lucia according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- St Lucia Full-Day Catamaran Sightseeing Cruise With Snorkeling
- Land and Sea Tour in St. Lucia
- Private Full Day Charter: St Lucia Boat Tour to Soufriere
- St Lucia Private Island Tour
- St Lucia Diamond Mineral Baths, Mud Baths & Waterfall Adventure
- The most popular things to do in St. Lucia with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Joy's Adventure Excursion and Coastal Cruise
- Marc's Taxi Service and Tours
- Israel King Water Taxi Private Tours
- Rising Sun Taxi Service Saint Lucia
- Island Man Tour and Taxi Service -Private Day Tours