Nature & Wildlife Areas • Aquariums
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fascinating and tranquil place to be and a very friendly, knowledgeable host. One of my favourite holiday experiences in a long time 😊Written 21 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited on a rather damp day, but the garden lifted our spirits. It is very sheltered which allows them to grow a wide selection on both tender and hardy plants. If you are out this way it's well worth a visit. The excellent coffee shop is a bonus.Written 11 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful place to visit for a few hours. It gets 5 stars purely for the enthusiasm of the volunteers and the history of the place. Also the RSPB visitor centre run by Teddy was very enjoyable.Written 30 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Small lighthouse at end of sandy bay. Lovely setting and great structure as background for photos. Not actually able to go in it.Written 31 July 2023
- We had already been to the Botanical gardens next door last year, so thought we would try these gardens. There is a lovely long drive in, before you reach the house and gardens, and when we arrived we were the only ones there, although a few more arrived over the next hour or so. This is a garden for people who like peace and quiet, with fantastic mature trees, rhododendrons and azaleas and other shrubs. At this time of year the scent from the masssive azaleas was wonderful. If you are looking for an amusement park you’re in the wrong place. Never seen so many mature Cordylines & monkey puzzle trees. Payment is by honesty box, £4 each. Please note there are no cafes no ice creams no drinks and only one toilet, and unfortunately very few benches to just sit and enjoy.Written 24 May 2023
- Relaxing, chilled walk around Estate gardens and lake.
The lake walk is particularly good.
Varying views to be had, from many vantage points, of the surrounding area.
Including coast, surrounding hills, woodland and even right up close to the lake side and manmade waterfall/overflow to the stream flowing to the coast.
Plenty of wildlife to be seen.Written 11 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Mull of Galloway
- The most popular things to do in Mull of Galloway with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Mull of Galloway on Tripadvisor
Mull of Galloway Attractions Information