Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The sights were amazing. A lot of walking . I would definitely like to go back . Go by the map two or three different paths to choose from . Easy and rockyWritten 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really nice house with some interesting facts. Most of the items in the house are original to the house. Well worth the price of admission.Written 7 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I wasn't expecting much, but I had a great time. The food is all affordable and the Pina coladas as well. The only thing I didn't enjoy were the bees. I would go againWritten 23 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful tower & grounds in Milford, PA. Easy to get to in Milford, plenty of parking & space for kids to run & explore the outside grounds. Check days/times for inside house tour. Staff helpful & knowledgable about the history of the Towers. A 2-4 hour stop should be enough time to explore & see all.Written 7 November 2023
- Great place to see 2 beautiful waterfalls for free. Free parking. Easy boardwalk path with no elevation. Beautiful tall trees. Particularly gorgeous in the fall although foliage was late this year due to the warm temps. In/out path is only about 15 minutes each way. Porta potty at entry.Written 26 October 2023
- Loved the Hawk Falls trail. Not long at all, although you do have to watch your step. Parking is limited, so it pays to get there early, or go on a weekday. We also went to Boulder Field....very unusual site. It's a vast field of boulders in the middle of the forest. It was nice to sit there and relax.Written 22 September 2023
- My wife and I had a great "overall" experience at No. 9 mine, at least with the tour itself! We had been on other coal mine tours before, so had a basis for comparison. Having much of the original equipment still in the mine was quite unique and added much to what we learned. Our tour guide, Zack E., was very good...........knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He really created a feeling for what it must have been like to be a miner or laborer, and the hardships they endured. On the other hand, the woman at the ticket sales counter was rude. She was on the phone when we arrived, and never hung up during our transaction. When she spoke I did not know if she was talking to me or the person on the other end of the phone....sometimes she was addressing me sometimes her phone friend...........very confusing. My wife and I felt very disrespected. When I returned to the counter in 5 minutes to ask about restroom location, she was still on the phone. She glared at me as I approached the counter and as I stood for a moment looking at her. I had to interrupt her by saying "Excuse me, where is a restroom". At that point she, without pulling the phone from her ear, pointed and gave a few word direction. For as good as our guide and tour was, this person's rudeness stood out as a negative.Written 6 November 2023
- I love coming to the Delaware Water Gap at all times of the year. The park is so picturesque and beautiful. I love the views from the parking lot and the paths when you get into the park.
This was the first time I ever went to Turtle Beach further up in the park and I have to say that the roads are loaded with potholes. You have to really be careful and take your time going up to the beach.
Turtle Beach is nothing special. It is a gap in the woods where there is a grassy beach where you can swim in the Delaware River. The day I was there there was a sign saying that there was not swimming and at 6:30pm, everyone was swimming. I would have ventured further into the park but with the roads being what they were I did not want to go any farther.
Still is a great park and it is beautiful both in the summer and fall.Written 22 August 2023
- I was surprised to learn the jail had been in operation until 1995. Historically, it's best known as the location where several of the Molly Maguires (an early mining union) were falsely accused, convicted and hung for murder.
My wife and I got to see the dark 'dungeon' area, along with the main cells, the warden's residence, and the kitchen. We also saw a recreation of the gallows used for hanging people. Our guide did provide some historical context.
This was a fun tour that was well worth the money. Please make sure you check the website as the tour is not offered every day.Written 18 October 2023
- There are so many stores here there's definitely something for everyone. There are some stores that everyone knows and loves and then others that are more unique. Despite being an outlet, the prices aren't typically any better, although some stores do better sales than others. For example, the Old Navy is just a regular Old Navy store. Don't expect outlet prices just because it's at an outlet mall. But it's still a fun place to spend a day checking out a bunch of stores and grabbing a bite to eat all in one convenient area.Written 6 July 2023
- This is a nice waterfall with just a short hike from the parking area. Even if you don't like the waterfall, the time investment is small and is well worth a visit.Written 20 October 2023
- I stayed here this past weekend. Hotel is beautiful the rooms are nice and clean. I wish I knew they don’t provide a mini fridge in the room but they have one with alcohol that if you open you pay for there alcohol. The restaurant are over priced did not even bother. Plenty of restaurants outside the hotel. Their Pool area is beautiful. Casino is not a party place very boring . No shows no entertainment no fun bars no night clubs. If they had this it would be perfect.Written 17 October 2023
- Boyfriend and I attended as a weekend getaway. It was fun! I wish they had better food options and other activities such as Karoke. ha ha!Written 25 January 2023
- We toured the church on a Sunday afternoon. The church was very beautiful, with Tiffany windows in unusual colors in both the chapel and the main sanctuary. The marble altar with inlaid gemstones was stunning. We enjoyed riding in one of the original Otis elevators and learning the history of the Asa Packer family. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and welcomed our many questions. The tour was well worth the ten dollar charge, which helps to support the church. We highly recommend this comprehensive tour. Only one thing could have made it better -- climbing to the top of the tall tower!Written 19 October 2023
- First timer to kalahari indoor waterpark. We booked a resort and it was good .. rooms were spacious and very comfortable . Cost of the water park is a little more than all other parks . May be worth just once . Good and other things are very expensive inside ..
Waterpark wise , it was good. We loved the wave pool 🌊 all the rides were good . Kids loved it . Lazy river was good and the splash zone was kids favorite . Again, I thought it was expensive /.. wish it was cheaper . Lots of parking outside and located in the heart of poconos . Loved it overall if not the the price …Written 28 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Pocono Mountains Region
- The most popular things to do in Pocono Mountains Region with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Episcopal Parish of St. Mark and St. John
- Dingmans Falls
- No. 9 Coal Mine and Museum
- Grey Towers National Historic Site
- Raymondskill Falls
Pocono Mountains Region Attractions Information