Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Stunning historic place with wonderful presentations.
As soon as you see the building from the outside there’s a feeling of wonderment and sadness too.
How did the people there beat Enigma !
Unbelievable and a very moving experience.
UnbelievableWritten 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Attended the combined lesson 1 & 2. Was in a group of 4 and instantly felt very welcome. Instructors, Claire and James, were great and helped me achieve much more than I expected to.Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The model village is truly remarkable and there are a lot of interesting things to discover. The detail is extraordinary. We went on a quiet day, so had plenty of time to take it all in. We were a bit taken-aback at the ticket office to be told by quite a curt young woman that they may be card payments only, but they don't take internationally recognised Amex "and never will". Even our local dressmaker takes Amex. There are ways. Also, bring cash to this card-only venue because some of the children's rides take £1 coins. Other than that, we enjoyed our time there. Allow at least two hours. If you arrive through the town centre, (the brown sign route is currently closed) signage is difficult to spot. Special mention to the Church car park (free) lady who was absolutely delightful and spent time chatting to us afterwards.Written 18 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've become a regular after a few coached sessions, the coaches were great fun and very supportive and knowledgeable, as are the centre staff in general. There's a good selection of hire gear for beginners as well as a well stocked shop for the more experienced or long term climber and a cafe with good food at good prices if you want to take a break.
There are 2 climbing centres within 5/10 minutes drive between and all entry prices are combined allowing acess to both sites. The other site (Bond) being more bouldering centred and Hub boasting a longer climbing wall section with lead climbs, top rope belay and auto belay routes as well as a very good selection of bouldering walls (all climbing styles are available at bond but only Hub has the taller wall section at 11 metres for those looking for more endurance in their climb). The centre has a full warm up gym with training boards/campus boards/hangboards and good changing rooms/facilities.Written 21 November 2023
- We enjoyed an excellent day at the Christmas event at Waddesdon Manor. The Christmas market, the house and the light show were all very good. The parking and shuttle bus service worked well and the staff were very welcoming. We arrived at 11:30am and left at 5:30pm and although it was very cold, we had everything we needed. The food area was busy, but had every type of food. Well done Waddesdon.Written 4 December 2023
- You will not stop smiling 😊 what an absolutely fabulous interactive experience . Really informative and enjoyable afternoon spent in the company of these adorable animals. Really well organised.Thank you for making it so special for our granddaughter xxWritten 4 December 2023
- Lots of fun things to do! She absolutely loved it!. Loved meeting Santa for the first time! Would definitely recommend going!Written 9 December 2023
- Hughenden Manor is always an interesting place to visit, but to see it this year decorated for Christmas was exceptionally nice. After the razzmatazz, expense and exuberance of nearby Waddesdon and Blenheim etc, to see this comparatively small house so beautifully decorated, obviously with love, was refreshing. No extra charges and a lot of atmosphere.Written 2 December 2023
- The Christmas Grotto was absolutely brilliant. From the activities, friendly staff and the extremely well presented and magical festive feel of the Grotto. Santa Clause and the Elf's were absolutely delightful. We arrived at 10:30am and despite the drizzly weather we remained at the farm until 3:30pm. Thank you Thrift Farm for such a memorable experience🌲🙏🏽🌲. PS: We also had lunch in the cafe. I'd recommend it as the food is both tasty and fresh.Written 9 December 2023
- My wife and I, both of us in our late sixties, decided to visit this National Trust gardens after seeing photos that our friends had taken during their visit, and we weren’t disappointed.
The gardens are extremely beautiful, and the amazingly warm and sunny October day made it even better to walk around and take in the stunning scenery. The ‘Standing With Giants’ installation is superb and really poignant at this time of year.
The one thing that we quickly realised as soon as we stepped out of the car was that we weren’t very well dressed or kitted out for this National Trust attraction. Everyone else was in hiking gear with rucksacks, when we were dressed for a day out wandering around a small garden and house, which this is not. Oh how we wished that we had prepared better, and my advice is to dress in sturdy shoes, take waterproofs – no matter what the weatherman says, and have a rucksack with water and maybe some snacks as the paths are extensive and it involves more walking than we had considered.
During the visit we also had a guided tour around the house, but this is not a National Trust property, so it cost us £7, but again is worth it as it just enhanced the day for us, in that the tour guide was knowledgeable and the history of the house is fascinating.
The one negative point is the signage to the place. We travelled down from Leicester and as we got within three miles of the site I drove past a sign with just the National Trust emblem on it pointing to a road to the right, but my SatNav was telling me to carry straight on. I carried on the main road, but the SatNav then instructed me to turn right around another mile down the road, when there was absolutely no signs for the gardens. I duly turned right but after driving around another mile I decided to turn back to turn off at the sign I had seen further back, as I hadn’t seen any other signs on the road we were now taking. I drove back, but passed the turning as the emblem sign is only facing one way and the other side of the road does not have such a sign. We had to drive another half mile before we could turn back. We eventually arrived at the car park, but when we left later on in the day we realised that if we had followed the SatNav we would have gotten to the place a lot quicker, so the moral in the story is trust your SatNav and don’t go following one little sign in the middle of nowhere.Written 31 October 2023
- Excellent experience. Thank you Abbie and dani for making it a memorable experience
Thoroughly enjoyed itWritten 25 November 2023
- Really interesting museum. Well worth a visit.
Delicious tea room with home made food & delicious cakes.Written 27 November 2023
- Artificial Intelligence Rubik Cube Fantastic to watch being solved. Brilliant afternoon fun for all ages.Great family adventure as they definitely incorporated the computer side of things whilst still making it interesting and fun. The staff where very informative and helpful. Only went for a couple of hours but ended up staying 4hrs. Definitely will visit again. Thank you to ALL staff,Written 29 October 2023
- Frequent visitors.wonderful grounds.cafe fine but would like more choices . great for walking all year roundWritten 22 November 2023
- We booked a party for my son’s 10th birthday. There were 8 of them, half had been karting before and half hadn’t. ALL had an absolutely fantastic time! The staff were brilliant, the food (pizza, chips, and ice cream or slushies) were great quality and served at exactly the right times. No waiting for ages like we’ve been used to at other party venues, and everything remembered proactively without forgetting. Such an stress-free experience. It’s not a cheap party option but we felt we got value for money and it was worth it! All the staff were great but a special shout out for our host Byron 😊- thank you!Written 2 December 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Buckinghamshire
- The best day trips from Buckinghamshire according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Midsomer Murders Tour from London
- Award Winning Private Tour Battle for Britain Experience
- Private tours to Bletchley Park & RAF AIR FORCE MUSEUM
- Waddesdon Manor - A Rothshild French Chateau Estate In England Private Tour
- Private Tour: Hughenden Manor, Home of Queen Victoria's Favourite Prime Minister
Buckinghamshire Attractions Information