263 places sorted by traveller ranking
- Highest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 263
What travellers are saying
- Four of us went and did the Lost Temple escape room and were not disappointed. We were welcomed in by Dan who was friendly and accommodating and even let us in early to escape the rain. From the get go Dan was enthusiastic and friendly and answered all of our silly questions as well as being in character for our escape room intro and helpful giving us the odd nudge when needed. The room and props were spectacular and really well thought out, a lot of time and effort has gone into putting the rooms together and this shows. Dan gave us a sneak peak of the Clifton Manor room afterwards. We were well and truly in character and had a great afternoon decoding the brilliant puzzles and clues. Every little detail has been so clearly thought out and prodigy escapes execute them so well. 10/10 recommend and will definitely be back for more. Thank you!Written 7 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An amazing experience, promoting team work and family inclusion. Every member played a vital part in our team success.Our time at the Escape Hunt in Exeter was absolutely amazing, we all throughly enjoyed the experience. As a family we worked together to succeed on the Blackbeard challenge. Our host Veronica was fabulous and made the experience enjoyable. We all said we would return for another Escape Room challenge.Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- These wonderful free tours go ahead if at least 2 people turn up, so I was very pleased that one other person did. Our guide, Jackie, had so much information to share, but delivered it in a way that was entertaining, so I didn't feel 'talked at'. She also had a folder of pictures to illustrate the information she was sharing. The Medieval Exeter tour included going inside 3 historic buildings which are all open to the public free of charge, so you are inspired to return and explore further. I'm looking forward to participating in more of these tours.Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous time at VRVE exeter. Host Jez was brilliant, prompt start, quickly went through tutorials, recommended games and challenges for us to do multiplayer. Maximised playing time and we all had great fun. I would recommend asking the host to take some photos/ videos whilst the group is playing!Written 24 October 2023
- Really enjoyable morning at the Celtic Tossers for my hubbys belated bday present. Really good help and information provided throughout.
Great time had by both of us!
Will certainly return in the future.
Thanks so much!!Written 31 October 2023
- We had a brilliant time cruising round the forest on our Segways. We were both extremely nervous about using them as this was our first time using a Segway however Mia, our guide, put us both at ease and allowed us to take the training at our own pace. This allowed us to both build confidence without feeling pressured or rushed. The tour around the forest was pleasant, with a good mix of off road and on road.. once again Mia put us at ease with her professionalism, encouragement, and reassurance. All staff made us feel very welcome, and we will definitely return in the future.
Thanks for a cracking time!
Martin and Lizzie xWritten 31 August 2023
- Excellent afternoon out, great for celebrating Christmas with work colleagues.
Would highly recommend.
The staff were brilliant!Written 2 December 2023
- This place was so much fun, all the staff were really friendly and nice, especially Luke who was a great laugh.Written 2 December 2023
- The staff at AS Watersports were extremely helpful & knowledgeable , it was our 1st time kayaking & couldn’t have picked a better place, Exeter canals being non tidal was very calm & made for a very pleasant experience, would highly recommendedWritten 21 September 2023
- Had an amazing time, thoroughly enjoyed with my two mates and managed to escape within the hour! Great fun for friendsWritten 2 December 2023
- We had a great afternoon here, so much fun exploring the treetops & challenging each other. A good laugh and great way to spend the day with friends.
The instructions were simple & easy to follow, our understanding of safety rules was all checked before you’re allowed to set off alone.
Our instructor Lloyd was absolutely lovely, very helpful, friendly and professional. We had a good laugh and enjoyed being able to go through the course by ourselves but knowing instructors were close by on the ground if needed.
All of the team there went above and beyond to help and make us feel welcome. A great day out for anyone looking for something a bit different.Written 10 October 2023
- Brilliant place,my children loved it.
Will be back very soon,
Great instruction I think he was called Mike
Snacks where delicious in the cafe
ExeterWritten 13 November 2023
- We were busy shopping in Exeter, the market is so close to the cathedral. The staff there were lovely, we went in to decompress, out of the hustle and bustle it was an oasis of quiet. I was able to write a private prayer for my family, and there were some amazing people who would pray with you if you wanted. Beautiful buildings.Written 3 December 2023
- This is a gem of a Victorian museum with free entry which has a suprisingly extensive collection of artefacts and exhibits. Some are traditional while others are more interactive, mixing old and new styles effectively. I particularly enjoyed the early section exploring the geology of the South West and the Roman and medieval galleries. Friendly vibe, too, and a good cafe.Written 16 November 2023
- I would advise to book, we didn’t but got lucky. Super little tour into the belly of Exeter. Very knowledgeable staff & was great to learn about the history & then be able to spot where things would have been sorted when back up on ground. Great valueWritten 10 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Exeter