Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- My local town. Nothing nicer on a warm evening that a stroll through the Old Town. People sitting out at the cafes, having a good time. Lots of different restaurants and a large selection of foods.Written 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely brilliant. We found the whole experience so educational in history. The staff were helpful and friendly. Do not miss this if you are in Hastings.Written 15 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great little museum with an easy to follow lay out.
Some very eye opening and intriguing things on display from cannons to little coins that pretty much formed the import and export all over the world.
There is interactive installations all around the museum which are great for younger ones, or as we found on the rope knotting bar, competitive couples!
We were handed dinosaur bones on our walk round, a vertebrae and a femur (I think) whilst we looked at the dinosaur foot prints found only 2 years ago just a short walk from the museum.
For free entry, it is great, although the only slight downside to our experience (and this is down to our preference) we were repeatedly asked if we’d like to be shown this that and the other. Which we found great for more introverted/shy people, but we are the type to ask should we like to know more. I must add, each time we were asked by the different staff, each were very very polite and friendly!Written 9 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a quirky fun attraction. It would be a good place to visit if you had spare time in Hastings.Written 12 October 2023
- A lovely space away from the throng of the town. Having just walked from the Old Town and into the not do nice part of the newer town we came across this open space. Lovely historic buildings and … a lovely green open space.Written 28 September 2023
- We had an amazing time! The exhibits were really interesting and Liam really made the experience and his love and dedication for his job shone through!Written 28 August 2023
- This is a interesting museum but was rather expensive and could do with a bit of updating. They have a thing where you can revisit again on the day you purchased the ticket.Written 21 November 2023
- A wonderful area right on my doorstep, great views with France a distant shore on fine days. I walk this often with my dogs and family but it still leaves a craw in my throat when I pass the Bale 'House' - a piece of virtual signalling by Hastings Borough council that when built cost over £1.1m with over half stumped up by the council ! And don't get me started on what happened to the Belted Galloway cattle ( pictured)Written 22 October 2023
- We have just had an amazing skateboard lesson with Danielle. She was a fantastic coach and gave us the confidence to try new skills. We had a family lesson and we will def be back. Thanks Folks for a great time.Written 23 October 2023
- Plenty to see in this lovely museum. Lots of Hastings history plus visiting exhibitions. Love the Durbar hall and it's eclectic exhibits. Also the seaside exhibition takes you into the past. Drinks are rather pricey considering from a machine. Lots for kids to do. Free parking.Written 20 November 2023
- Absolutely loved this little find it has become my favourite place, clean fresh friendly peaceful, lovely walks and pet friendly with an amazing restaurant and bar and little cafe ☕️Written 2 November 2023
- absolutely stunning! Do go to the two museums - shipwreck and fishermans. wonderful peek into the past, lots of exhibits and things to do and an old ship to wander over.Written 10 November 2023
- This is NOT old roar gill. This is little roar gill. There is no access to old roar unless you trudge along the side of the stream, as there is no footpath to the bottom. You can see the top, as a footpath bridge goes over it... yes that is how much they don't value this, the highest waterfall in sussex. Just before little roar, the main branch of the stream goes for another 100 metres to old roar. But saying that, little roar is definitely worth the effort and is an easy walk with wellies on. Generally you will have the place to yourself. It is a lush wet haven and better when it rains. Start from St Helens road bridge and walk along, you can't miss it, thats where the path ends. There are various little waterfalls along the way, probably just road run off, but pretty nonetheless.Written 27 July 2023
- I went with a coach trip in the October half term week. It was extremely windy and wet, although while we were there we only had showers, but we drove through flooded villages.
Most of the amusements were open, but we had GREAT DIFFICULTY in finding the Smugglers Caves as the sign posts had been moved to point in the wrong direction.
The castle is well worth paying the money for with lots of history boards and little cubby holes to sit in, marvellous views all along the coastline.
The Net Drying Sheds are really impressive.
Do try the Fishermans Museum and the Ship Wreck Museum both well worth a visit and gives so much more history of Hastings.
We found "The Fish Shed" they do kids portions for older people, which was quite enough for both of us.
There is a wonderful Fresh Fish Shop there too, Susan Cadman visited it on her programme, we got smoked haddock from there for our tea, it was delicious.
For those of us who are older, there are lots of benches and seats scattered around the old town and also a tiny train which goes along the promenade, if you are of the larger stock, you will have to fold yourself into it!
Overall we had a brilliant time and would recommend Old Hasting to anyone, especially on a windy day with crashing waves and sunshine!Written 10 November 2023
- This was an interesting experience. Too short but reasonable value for money. It is a recommended extra for your visit to HastingsWritten 29 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Hastings
Hastings Attractions Information