Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- What a wonderful place, from the outside it doesn't look as if it could hold much but wow, entering through the TARDIS door is quite apt as it's an absolute treasure trove. Far more than just cars it genuinely had us captivated, some truly open mouthed moments at the memories it brought back.
We're in our 50's and for our age group it was like looking back to our childhood.
Marvelous.Written 13 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic tour!
I booked as part of a break away for my partners birthday and it didn’t disappoint.
Nigel and Lisa our guides were great fun! Very informative and certainly had a passion for everything Hawkstone / Cotswold brew.
Great that they offer a ‘driver package’ so that if you have unfortunately had to drive you can take some samples home - however my tip would be NOT to drive as the ‘samples’ are more than plentiful.
Lovely story behind the beer, and certainly proves to be a beautiful brew.
Thank you for a fantastic day, we hope to return again maybe when there’s food and music on!
You also receive 10% off all drinks afterwards and the gift shop!Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very good maze with a twist. Designed by Kit Williams, there are clues in the maze you have to solve before you can do a certain something in the middle. Find out for yourself. I have to admit that we were helped by someone who had already been! Sorry.Written 11 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had visited Bourton before ,but not noticed the Birdland,park,so we came for a half day out here,OWE so interesting,birds from around the world,well kept,and fed,good displays,friendly staff,
first the king penguins,never seen close up before,and in a good water enviroment,you can see them underwater swimming ,through glss panel sides of the pool.
Lots to see here and read,great for small children to get close up views,especially at feeding time.
We had 4 hours here,looking at everything so take your time,lots of seating areas.Written 25 November 2023
- It's a very pretty Cotswolds town, plenty of beautiful buildings made from the local stone and the river through the centre is outstanding.
Free parking for 90 minutes is a bonus and probably enough if you're not sitting down to eat in one of the many (and lovely) eateries.
Watching "influencers" try and get the perfect shot is an amusing way to pass the time with an ice cream, even if they're annoying as you try and cross the bridges!Written 13 November 2023
- This lovely place is beautiful and special. But it is rather small. Worth stopping by and visiting it.Written 25 October 2023
- This is a beautiful stretch of water that runs through the heart of Bourton on the Water. It has lots of beautiful bridges and places to sit to watch the world go by. The river is lovely to paddle in or dip your toes on a hot day.Written 17 August 2023
- We pop into such places where possible to get a feel for the place and see what is nearby. The lady had lots of ideas for us and plenty of appropriate leaflets. Always recommend you try Tourist Information places - you never know what you might find outWritten 24 August 2022
- Although set back from the road and away from the busy tourist centre of the village, this is very much the heart of the community with a lot of activities based around the church.
It is an interesting building. The chancel dates from the C14, the nave and tower with its cupola dome are C18th. It had a late C19th makeover when the wooden ceiling in the nave was added replacing a flat plaster ceiling and the rood screen replacecd. The font and pulpit date from then. The beautiful reredos above the altar and painted chancel roof are early C20th. Another boun are the stained glass windows - the work of CE Kempe.
All the different additions complement each other leading to an attractive church. It is definitely worth a visit.
Also look out for the traditional Cotswold bale tomb in the churchyard by the chancel. The top was carved to resemble bales of wool and these are found on the graves of C17th wool merchants.Written 15 October 2023
- Fantastic, took my daughter to try gymnastics, she wouldn’t go in, the young lady Megan was truly amazing, managed to get her involved. I was so impressed with the facilities and cleanliness of the whole center. A massive well doneWritten 11 February 2023
- My Primary School went to Greystones Farm on a school trip with 30 year 4s - We are just about to study the stone and iron age and were treated to hut building, fire lighting and bread making activities. We also played games demonstrating the difference between being a hunter gatherer and a farmer. Myself and kids learnt loads! Great for schools if you are sudying the stone and iron age!Written 15 October 2022
- Lovely quiet spot tucked out of the way from the tourist hordes in the rest of the village. Really peaceful, and when we visited in June, the remembrance garden was full of beautiful nectar rich flowers and bees. Plus we saw a Green Woodpecker!Written 6 June 2021
- Pleasant enough people and a fair selection on 'antiques'. Tea room at end of shop quite small - advertise outside and on every table - special crumpet tea - only problem? - no crumpets! Coffee supposed to be freshly ground but extremely weak. Wife had a toasted teacake - but £2.50 - really??Written 6 February 2020
- Really nice shop, beautifully laid out with samples, and a very nice exterior. Set in the lovely little village of Bourton on the Water.Written 10 September 2021
- Great little hall in Burton on the Water. Staff putting on show were very friendly. We could buy drinks and ice creams during interval. There is a stair lift to take you up to 1st floor if needed.Written 9 July 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Bourton-on-the-Water
- The best day trips from Bourton-on-the-Water according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cotswolds Small Group Tour from London
- Small-Group Cotswolds Tour (From London)
- Downton Abbey Village, Blenheim Palace and Cotswolds Day Trip from London
- Lunch in the Cotswolds Tour from London
- Cotswolds Villages and Oxford Full Day Tour from London
Bourton-on-the-Water Attractions Information