Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very knowledgeable and friendly staff, plenty of photos, videos and news cutting available to explore.Written 17 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are fit and agile then this will be a satisfying, very much worthwhile, climb. Be aware though that the section from the gate at the top of the steps to the top is a scrabble over steep, uneven rocks which can be difficult, especially if wet. Remember you have to get down again!
The facilities are great (the website says the toilets are only open at weekends November to March but we're open on Friday 10th November
If you fancy a coffee afterwards, the cafe at Guisborough Forest Park just along the road is pretty good.Written 10 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Called in just to use the cafe. What a treat. Lovely food, good value, good choice.
The views of the marshes from the cafe are great. Take your binoculars.
Viewing from ground floor also good. So many birds.
Will go back, and use the paths next timeWritten 22 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice National Trust venue and if you are paying it's very reasonable. The Grounds are very nice and peaceful and a very pleasant way to spend an hour or so.Written 9 August 2023
- We were stayimg in nearby redcar and decided to.visit the musuem was packed full of different sections.we paud bit extra to.do.the lego exhibition which was really cool. Shop was budget friendly too.tea room lovely.Written 30 October 2023
- Fantastic night at the Butterwick Hospice charity night, special mention to Cassandra for going the extra mile. 3 course meal was lovely and great music by Peverell.Written 26 November 2023
- This is a lovely local park. It's ideal for a visit with a play area for children. Large fields to walk dogs. There is a path all the way round if you have mobility issues and you can even grab a drink at the cafe.
The only thing I would say slightly negative is that it could do with a few more dog bins to be provided as there are some discarded poop bags. This is mainly due to lazy people, but it could be avoided as the current bins are quite a walk between themWritten 17 August 2022
- Another year and another panto as this glorious little theatre. I have been going to the pantomimes here for more years than I care to remember and they never fail to amaze. A brilliant production of Jack and the Beanstalk today with a fantastic cast, the best costumes and brilliant theatre staff. Thank you all so do much. xxWritten 22 December 2022
- Interesting exhibits, not very large but price reflects this. If you are taking children you can pair it up with a trip to the nearby playground. Staff friendly. would recommend.Written 13 August 2023
- Went here on a Sunday and had a good time,plenty to do and see and eat also plenty to buy as Mela was on .decent size park with fountains,lake with ducks and geese,roller skating park with small cafe and toilets,a lovely little park with some lovely walks though needs some TLC in places. During the normal hours of day visiting ok but maybe early on and late especially weekends you may get the troublemakers as you do in most town centre parks.Written 10 September 2023
- Under-rated because it is off the beaten path. It has some nice areas of lawn if you want to picnic and some trees/ponds if you like to throw food at ducks.Written 5 September 2022
- Great to walk around this beautiful woodland with kids and dogs.
Other dog walkers are usually polite.
Vast areas to walk and enjoy.
Free small car park at the entrance
Area is sometimes populated with youths on motor bikesWritten 8 May 2019
- Very pleased with my jump. Staff were very attentive & friendly making it a great experience. Photos & videos purchased as a souvenir & looking forward to rebooting again soonWritten 7 May 2019
- We struggled to find the car park but eventually found the new car park (see photos attached). Free to park. We could see the seals at a distance, the tide was in. Talking to the locals the seals come closer when the tide is out…. A little tip if you want to visit. Recommend taking some binoculars to view the seals. Two viewing areas, one by the car park and the other a little walk along the road.Written 11 August 2023
- A great little attraction with good prices and a good amount to see/do with young children (filled 4 hours) - don’t agree with previous reviews about it being shabby. The big disappointment was the cafe - completely unwelcoming atmosphere, signs and staff, with poor quality food/drinks.Written 6 November 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough Attractions Information