Popular things to do
Historic Sites • Gardens
Admission tickets from £7
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- I love walk-in musuems like these and I love learning about the Victorian area so this was a fantastic place to visit to experience the authenticity of it all.Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a nice afternoon out. If you read the website information you know exactly what you are getting.
Great fun for little kids. Very good 4D experience and plenty of chocolate.
Merlin has taken it over and some parts are closed whilst being updated.Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great venue , beautifully decorated for the holidays , friendly staff , very comfy seats with a great view of the stage - went to see The Nutcracker which was amazing - highly recommend row H in the Stalls . Lots of restaurants nearby and great parking at the Arcadian next door _ £7.50 theatre special 5pm-2amWritten 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I had the best music experience when we attended a show featuring Robert Plant and the Band of Joy at Birmingham Symphony Hall on the 05/11/23.
The facilities are excellent and this concert a musical treat.
Robert Plant has the most beautiful voice and the music was unbelievably spectacular and moving.
Robert Plant has reinvented himself and presents a flawless performance.
Love Symphony Hall and have loved Robert Plant for most of my life.
Many thanks to both.
What a evening!Written 6 November 2023
- I brought this as a gift for my boyfriend for his birthday. We both had the best time ever, you get to see loads of things, interesting facts. Diane was such a great guide, she made the day even more enjoyable and interacted with everyone which was lovely.
Thank you for making the experience even better!Written 27 November 2023
- The balcony is amazing, to sight see on, and the environment is very nice to work in, with multiple floorsWritten 21 November 2023
- This was chosen as a wet day out and proved to be a good choice.
Our granddaughter’s really enjoyed themselves.
Only downside was the cost of photos £12 for one or a package for £20 hardly anyone was buying then . I do think if the were half that price they would sell more than twice as many!Also the gift shop was full of over priced stuff again half the price sell more. Easily done with the buying power of Merlin entertainment.
One other thing it is in the clean air zone so check if you will be charged.Written 13 November 2023
- With anticipation looked forward to spending a couple of hours amidst superlative art. Housed in a marvellous building with clock tower and Neoclassical themed styling. It was opened in 1885.
So a tad disappointed to discover its current closure for essential maintenance. Will have to return when it again reopens.Written 12 July 2023
- Stopped off here on a drive between Bolton and Bath, really lovely destination . Facility’s were clean and the house was very interesting . We then went into the gardens which although it was winter were really nice. Very inspiring and again kept well.Written 13 November 2023
- The third time I have done this. Great value for £20 you get about 2 hrs of riding a selection of classic bikes and chatting with fellow enthusiasts in the museum grounds. You get to ride BSA and Triumph twins back to back along with some older, less common bikes. The short 'horseshoe' circuit is great for feeling the old bikes responding to your input on the tight turns and viewing other bikes being ridden round along side you.Written 26 September 2023
- Very enjoyable and informative visit. The tour guide Chris was very knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions we asked. Nice to be able to have a coffee at the end of the tour. All staff very friendly.Written 25 November 2023
- This is one of my favourite buildings in Brum. Once inside this hidden Gem to many is beautifully appointed.
The art on display dates from 13th century Italy until the modernists. Superb and exhibitions put on through the year and new works mean you don't have to visit once.
The staff are wonderful and so helpful. I can't wait for the refurb to be finished.Written 5 October 2023
- If you are a railway enthusiast you will know that Clapham Junction is one of the main railway focal points with railways meeting and heading off in different directions.
Gas Street Basin in Birmingham city centre is much like this. As a former industrial centre the canals were one of the best ways to get materials to the city and finished goods out of the city.
Canals meet here to take you to Worcester, Wolverhampton and North, Fradley and London so it would have been quite a busy location back in the day.
Nowadays it has been redeveloped and is an entertainment hub with lots of bars and restaurants nearby as well as the Sea Life Centre and Discovery Centre so it has been rejuvenated.
Well worth going to on your visit to the city.Written 5 August 2023
- It has a wide range of shops and things to do especially at this time of the year with the Christmas market which we visited! Some independent stores and big chains alike. Can be a bit overcrowded at times though.Written 25 November 2023
- Overall an ok visit. Went with wife and 13 and 9 year old daughters. Some of the models and simulators/exhibits wasn’t working. And some for the 9 year old was over complicated to use (mostly the video screens to control a robot or drone type of object), and some was fairly worn. The planetarium was good and interesting but should be included in admission. Not an extra £3 each for each show. Overall the visit was ok. The girls enjoyed some exhibits and some went over their heads as does some exhibits for most people. The staff were helpful and informative. The cafe was expensive for the food served. Sandwiches was from £4. Amongst the moaning, overall the visit was good and entertaining.Written 7 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Birmingham
- The best day trips from Birmingham according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- From Birmingham Stonehenge and Bath Day Tour
- Private Shopping Tour from Birmingham to Bicester Village
- Cotswolds Full-Day Tour From Birmingham
- The most popular things to do in Birmingham with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Birmingham Back to Backs
- Exciting Game - Escape Room Birmingham
- Escape Hunt Resorts World
- Escape Brum
- Houdini's Escape Room Experience - STAR CITY
Birmingham Attractions Information