Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We had an amazing day out at Arundel. One of the best kept and presented heritage sites we’ve ever been to. Good food in the cafe and lovely gardens - despite it being October - which you can wander around in for hours.
The real highlight, however, was the staff. Everyone we encountered was so friendly and helpful. We’d like to shout out Sophie the guide in particular, who gave us such a detailed explanation of the Castle’s history and told us about various paintings to look out for when we told her that’s what we were interested in. She was so engaging and enthusiastic, and we couldn’t believe how much knowledge she had!
Well done to all, we’ll definitely be coming back.Written 3 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a lovely spot for a day out. Lots of birds to see, lovely walk around the site that's easy with a pushchair. The view from the cafe over the pond is great.Written 9 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kevin and his 3 birds of prey visited St Bridget's a Leonard Cheshire Disability home in Rustington, home to 39 adults. The whole experience was amazing. Kevin really does know how to be adaptive to people's needs. Very engaging and our guys loved the experience of having amazing birds of prey sitting on their laps and flying inches past them. We will be booking again in the near future. A big thank youWritten 23 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a lovely, peaceful way to immerse yourself into Catholic culture. Information galore, opportunities to donate but free entry and beautiful architecture. Very, very quaint and somewhere you could spend hours.Written 16 September 2023
- We went for a 3 hour family session, and drank coffee while our family assembled. Arundel lido is heated, 25m long with a safe area for kids separated from the main pool. The castle looks wonderful. There is a huge paddling pool, grassy areas, loungers and a playground. It wasn’t crowded. It was like being on holiday. The staff are super friendly and helpful. You wouldn’t go for a long swim, but family water fun was great. We’ll go again.Written 2 September 2023
- Pleasant walk around the lake took us about an hour but we were walking slowly with 2 small dogs. Unfortunately not many dog waste bins hence some people didn’t bother picking theirs up hence 4 stars not 5, also nowhere to sit along the route only at the cafe at the end. Lovely views of the lake and surrounding English countryside. Plenty of free parking on the road from central Arundel.Written 30 June 2023
- A small museum adjacent to the coach park entrance was £4-50 there are also guides that give an interesting walk around the pretty town. The museum does very LaVazza coffee for £2-50 and there are a few seats outside.
You can get a coffee without paying for admission. A good gift shop on your left as enter.Written 12 June 2023
- Highly attractive, and enjoyable space, good thing’s wherever you look,water garden, historic greenhouse.
Gardeners are very helpful and willing to share their knowledgeWritten 1 June 2022
- This is an intriguing church, a credible amalgamation of High Anglican for the most part, but separated internally, by ironwork, which forms a restrictive access screen. This part is a pure Roman Catholic church, with the Fitzalan family tombs also beside this section. How this was negotiated in those turbulent times would be interesting to find out. The very troubled years of Queens Elizabeth, and Mary is something of a testimony of the power, money, influence, and vision of the various Dukes of Norfolk. It would be interesting to find out how they did this.
The church itself, has in both sections, much of an Italian feeling with many statues of the Virgin Mary / Madonna and child. The excellent condition of the church belittles its age, and this is perhaps better appreciated from looking at the exterior, and surroundings.
St Nicholas is most certainly worth viewing - in fact, a trip to Arundel would be incomplete without viewing this ( almost ) unique church.Written 12 September 2022
- Last here five years or so ago when everything was grey. Today virtually everything was blue including geometric prints, ceramics and paintings. A little more lively but the artwork felt a bit functional and felt as if it might serve better as carpet design or wallpaper.Written 1 September 2022
- Time was when cattle would be bought and sold in Arundel’s market square. Nowadays or at least every Saturday more likely to be sold are the products of animals bought sold and butchered elsewhere such as pork pies and sausage rolls in addition to steaks and lamb cutlets. But there’s much more besides including flowers plants and even Chichester made sloe gin. But why shut at 1pm particularly on a festival day. Could understand it if the square was to be used for bands and even dancing but nonesuch materialised.Written 22 August 2021
- A fantastic location in central Arundel showing contemporary art by lots of different international artists. Friendly, helpful staff - highly recommend!Written 24 April 2019
- This is has got to be one of the best hidden gems in arundel! Home to a group of great little independent shops, there is everything from gifts, hats, clothing, vinyl and jewellery. Arundel is quite small so everything is walking distance and the old Printworks entrance is on Tarrant street. We spent about half an hour walking through the various shops, the building is a bit ‘harry potter’esque!Written 4 February 2023
- This little unspoilt rural church is so quintessentially English. Also contains unique wall paintings and is evocative of a past rural way of life. Sadly threatened by the possibility of a monstrous 4 lane 70mph elevated highway passing within 100 metres. It is Grade 2* listed. The road will just take the traffic to bigger jams at either end and cost the taxpayer £500 million . This beautiful Saxon church will be ruined along with its pastoral surroundings. Visit before it is too late, or better still Protest.Written 17 March 2022
- Amazing shop! In fact the best shop in Arundel!! All the stock is to die for and the owners are super friendly..
Great prices and something for everyoneWritten 15 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Arundel
- The best day trips from Arundel according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Arundel castle historic ships portsmouth
- Private Day Tour to Stunning Arundel Castle from London
- Best British Castles and Gardens + Windsor
- Brighton and Arundel Castle or Petworth House Independent Full Day Private Tour
- Brighton Arundel castle and Petworth House by Executive Vehicle Private Tour
Arundel Attractions Information