- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Food & Drink
15 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We had a great tour with Gayle who was amazing. She was friendly and enthusiastic about her job answered all the questions we really enjoyed the tour. Photos were allowed and we could see everything at the distillery no any restrictions. Well worth to visit.Written 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Arrived in Speyside the afternoon of the 3rd of May. We had visited Culloden Battlefield earlier that morning, and were ready to learn about Glenfiddich whisky. The drive through the region was just an introduction to how magical a place both Glenfiddich, and Speyside truly are. We arrived at the distillery, and upon entering the grounds were amazed at the beauty. Walking toward the gift shop, we noticed how quiet it was. Unbeknownst to us, the distillery is closed to the public on Tuesdays. We ran into an employee who then asked if we were there for a 2 o’clock tour, it just so happened we were. It was Linda, our soon to be fantastic tour guide. Realizing we had the distillery to “ourselves”, we began to step behind the curtain; watching listening and learning how the water of life is made. First learning the history of Glenfiddich, William Grant & Sons, and the family line throughout the history of the company. Being a history enthusiast it was a great start. Moving now to the actual distillation process was exciting. Especially since it was only the three of us. We had all the time in the world to chat with, and ask Linda questions along each step of the way. It was great, learning about her passion for the whisky, the job, and learning about the actual process of the distillation at Glenfiddich. At the conclusion of the tour of the distillery, many pictures, and many questions, we moved on to the Whisky Lounge where we were in for a treat. Linda proceeded to give us a tasting of 4 different whisky’s, walking us through each one. Asking what notes we detected through our nose, and through tasting. It was a relaxed, comfortable experience, more like having a great friend telling you about something they’re passionate about. While we were sitting, enjoying the conversation with Linda, and of course the whisky, she presented us each with a gift; a beautiful bottle of Glenfiddich 15 year old cask strength. What a way to cap of a magical day. A big thank you to Linda, Glenfiddich, and to Allan Roth who helped make this possible.Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I messed up and booked the wrong day. They were very accommodating and offered us the tour that day or a taster set. We took the taster set as had another distillery later that day. The selection to taste was really varied, younger single malts to old plus a blended. Given some quick information too about the distillery so didn't miss out much. Many thanks for helping me out of my mess up!Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very good value one hour tour of ‘Red Door’ gins at Benromach Distillery, Forres. Kelly was excellent tour guide. Clear and well explained and fun. All staff welcoming. Superb whisky in the shop afterwards. Five star value at only £10 a head for a one hour tour for a birthday experience.Written 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Fab tour and tasting experience. Our guide Erika was knowledgeable and enthusiastic and ensured we had a great afternoon. Highly recommendedWritten 11 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Dropped by late afternoon mid way through a day walking to get some rest and have a bite to eat. Good points - very comfortable bar area and seating; made to feel welcome (even though we were a bit dishevelled, and not really there for the array of whiskies on offer); staff helpful, polite and attentive. Coffee (and accompanying biscuits) were lovely. Could have been improved by even having some cake (pre-packed if needs be) - we had been mistaken by reading reviews on Tripadvisor of the great cafe, not realising this was from a decade ago and since the Visitor Centre refurbishment, the cafe was no loner a thing. It wasn't clear on the website that this was the case, either.Written 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The distillery is glorious. The architecture is striking and unique. And, the whisky is excellent.
We booked the Discovery Experience and it was worth every penny. I believe they limit the tours to 6 people at a time which works well. The tour starts with coffee and a scone followed by the history of The Macallan within beautifully designed exhibitions in the lobby area, tours of the stills, info on casks, and a tasting. It’s obvious that much intentionality went into the design of the place and the programs.
Finally, our guide, Colin Black, was incredibly knowledgeable, kind, and wove personal tales into the tour. It was an unforgettable experience and unique in Speyside.Written 8 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Booked a Distillery tour for me and my partner with 7 tastings which was amazing. Firstly it was very easy to book via email. Lauren the person who organised it was very helpful and friendly. Once we arrived onsite we headed into the shop where we took our temperatures for covid and we greeted in a very friendly manner. We were the only people on the tour so it was like our own private tour and tasting.
Our tour guide Natasha was very knowledgeable and friendly, and answered all our questions very well while we were on the tour. The tasting was great and it was lovely to be able to taste all the whisky's they had, next to one another, my partner was driving so he even got to take the whisky away in little bottles to try when we got home. Definitely worth a visit!Written 2 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The discover the reserve collection tour was amazing, before going into the tasting room Clair took us to one of the warehouses, where we could have a look around and see the different casks used for maturation. But also have a tiny sip of the new make spirit, before it goes into the barrel.
After which we did a great tasting of several of the distillery reserve exclusive bottlings, both bourbon and sherry cask matured, and all well guided by our host Clair, explaining the different tasting notes and flavors.
Absolutely one of the highlights of our trip.Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Really good distillery tour. Karen was a fab guide, very talkative and knowledgeable but fun too. Had a useful film tour of the distillery by I phone as Karen talked us through the process. All the while able to taste a nice selection of their single malts and 1 blended whisky. Got to tour the distillery too and smell the mash tuns. Nice shop too. Nice to see a distillery that isn't mass producing.Written 15 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Myself and five friends booked a bespoke whisky tasting as part of my 60th birthday celebrations. The whiskies were superb and our host was fantastic. A real ambassador for the company. Thank you for a great afternoon. We will definitely be backWritten 27 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Just popped in while passing and met Emma in the visitor centre she couldn’t have been more helpful when deciding on a bottle to buy she let me taste a couple to make sure which was nice of her. Excellent customer service.Written 15 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As a small group of Whisky lovers getting back to Scotland after COVID has been difficult, as a number of Distilleries have yet to determine whether Distillery Visits are still to be offered. By doing some research we came across this relatively young Distillery which was a start up from scratch utilising a series of buildings previously operating as a cow barn.
The beauty of this Distillery is that it has been set up totally based on 100% traditional methods and processes for the production of whisky. It is on such a small scale that it is very easy to absorb the story behind the enterprise and the absolute passion of the person chiefly driving the whole project with the support of the MacPherson Grant family who own the facility which forms part of the Ballindalloch Estate.
The Distillery Manager, Mr Colin Poppy is a most knowledgeable and dedicated individual. His passion for what he is striving to achieve makes the whole experience very special.
We undertook the Extended Tour which lasts between 2 - 2.5 hours and includes a private tasting of 5 single malts, 2 relating to upcoming yet to be launched age statement single malts (scheduled for late next year) plus 3 Cragganmore sigle malts from the family's own whisky collection.
This is a must-do experience if you are serious about your love of single malt, and learning about the true method of production that stays close to its traditions.Written 26 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a flying visit here as its by appointment for a tour
So just a quick photo from the road
One to add to the bucket list next time we are these partsWritten 25 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a brilliant night - highly recommend that you give this a go ! We stay in the heart of whisky country and never knew a smidgen of what we are surrounded by - vic makes it fun and interesting all rolled into one - his knowledge is incredible and he has a lovely way of making everyone in the room involved x Don't skip past this opportunity to spend time with ' discerning of spirits' I promise you'll love it ! Even if you think you don't like whisky you will be amazed ⭐️⭐️⭐️Written 31 January 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Moray