259 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 259
What travellers are saying
- This is a fascinating insight into Scotlands ship building industry and the people involved. The staff are very friendly and helpful.Written 24 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited with my mum and sister on a dreary Saturday afternoon. What a fantastic small business created by some truly amazing women! A really interesting talk/history lesson of gin and the magical wee island of Millport. Tasting 4 gins , each very different but all delicious and a souvenir glass all for £20 is fantastic value for money. I would definitely urge anyone (even if you're not a gin drinker) to go and visit.Written 2 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This a fantastic place to visit. We really loved taking our time to appreciate the exhibits. Then there's the wonderful cafe selling scrumptious food!!!!!!!Written 24 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely choice of walks for all abilities. Beautiful scenery, We all enjoyed the afternoon out. Definitely recommend for all days (and it's a free day out!)Written 21 August 2023
- There is a special atmosphere at Kelburn. It was amazing to be able to allow our children to play with the other children on camp and feel safe, our border collie doted on our kids as always though which is always helpful for us and reassuring. The dogs on camp were super social and happy to be together. Was truly wonderful. And we enjoyed a late night fire during a live band wedding on our last night. The views from the campsite are amazing and beautiful.
My horse ride was very pleasant too. Thank you so much Kelburn
Staff brilliant and facilities clean.
Would have appreciated facilities closer between camp but that's because of when it's dark, was sometimes daunting when we forgot a torch
Great for an active family 👍👍👍Written 25 September 2023
- Perfect spot. Enthusiastic interesting information from the volunteers. Go if you get the chance, make sure you climb to the top!Written 2 September 2023
- Lovely place. Went during the Viking Festival so it was very busy but there is beautiful views and great weather. Very busy but enjoyable.Written 29 October 2023
- Even though artastic is closed Angela is going out her way to make sure everyone has fun during lockdown just had a plant pot for my neighbour delivered from the charity painting plant pot appeal Angela organised with funding.and my daughter and her brother have had paining packs delivered making sure there kept busy.thank you Angela for all your hard workWritten 16 May 2020
- Great for my 2 french bulldogs to run about, Saturday 12/08/23 I found car keys for a mini , there was a keyring on it with Arran on it , I held them into Irvine police station, hope you get them
CheersWritten 13 August 2023
- We visited the Cathedral for Sunday eucharistic. A small and very beautiful building with a friendly and welcoming congregation. Lovely music to accompany the service and we would have liked to attend one of the music recitals in during August 2023.Written 9 August 2023
- The Calmac service between Ardrossan and Brodick is very good. The signage towards both terminals is clear, the check in procedures quick and efficient, and there is a comfortable lounge at both locations.
Vehicle loading and disembarkation is quick and easy and the ferry is moden, clean and comfortable. I also reckon that the prices are most reasonable.Written 29 April 2023
- It's been here since around 1914 it seems. It's kept well painted and has become an icon of Millport and the island. Great fun for the children and a little tricky for the older folk due to the slippy seaweeds.Written 2 October 2023
- We visited recently for one of the new special events, a sunset tour which didn't turn out as hoped, due to the weather but we still really enjoyed our tour.
The volunteers were friendly and extremely knowledgeable, and the little museum was very interesting.
If you get the chance it's very worthwhile, especially if the weather is good.
Bear in mind that there is lots of stairs and it can be sore on the knees.
We will definitely return for another visit.Written 15 May 2023
- Amazing golf course and great facilities. Half way house is amazing, top scran. Course was in great condition.Written 20 October 2023
- Excellent gig. Singers, Jamie e Coleman and Brownbear very good. Great atmosphere. Comfy seats and great audience interactionWritten 7 May 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about North Ayrshire
North Ayrshire Attractions Information