Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Gorgeous beach for walking the dogs. Great to give them a run. Nice and clean beach and cute little food shack in the car park. Imagine it gets very busy in the summer.Written 21 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Staffa, what a place. Magical, mystical, unique and on a par with having dinner on a first class boat, going around the Statue of liberty. This, undoubtedly is one of the best trips I have ever made. £30 on a boat, an hour on the island, a lifetime to remember. Out of this world....Written 27 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great visit delivered by the very very knowledgeable Josephine. Couldn’t help myself and bought a bottle at the end. Very interesting history and facts that I didn’t know about whisky.
Overall great visit with the star doing the place proud.Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great to see the restored castle and family home of the Macleans. Stunning views from the battlements! Well worth the trip!Written 11 October 2023
- Great service, with lovely friendly staff. Clean throughout and plenty of seating areas and to view beautiful scenery.Written 28 July 2023
- We had a wonderful time in this special hidden gem. A great family adventure spot. And the view onto the beach was magical.Written 5 November 2023
- Great but better sign posting would be helpful. Very worthwhile visit need a good pair of binocularsWritten 6 June 2023
- The weaving aspect of this ‘attraction’ is very interesting. The machines alone are fascinating. I love the way they use their own produce and local natural dyes, although the dark Hebridean sheep colour is lovely. The end product you can then buy - either material by length, wool & wool products, jumpers, hats, flat caps.
Now the important information The Meat! Bought in the freezer beautiful lamb or hoggit. Steaks & roasts - sausages are a must! A brilliant resource especially if visiting after October when many establishments are shut. & don’t forget the Bridies - made by local Maggie (we happened to meet her buying tatties for said bridies).Written 27 October 2023
- The museum is free with a donation box. Lots of interesting displays of island history. Easy access for all as on one level.Written 29 August 2023
- It was absolutely amazing. We walked to the top and near to the bottom. It gives a totally different perspective. Highly recommend a visitWritten 18 November 2023
- A very nice park worth visiting. There are several waterfalls and beautiful green nature to see. Lovely views from the forest areas to the sea. The waterfalls in the area are a lovely place to rest. Great place to stretch your legs, enjoy nature and you can make a day of it if you walk from Tobemory harbour following the coastal path.Written 21 April 2023
- Steep but rewarding climb up to see outstanding views of Staffa, Lunga and the Treshnish Isles. We went up on a sunny day but take a coat !Written 22 July 2023
- Wow what a stunning place... The perfect spot to see eagles and otters too! Around a 40 minute cycle ride from Salen where you can hire bikes.Written 3 June 2023
- This is a small local aquarium so do not expect a Sea Life Centre. The displays are fish found locally. They are returned to the sea 4 weeks after being on display. There is a variety to see and probably most enjoyed by children and provides an educational experience. Mostly it consists of crab lobster starfish and sea urchin it's best to take your time and read the information provided. It's not huge but you could spend an hour or so there or breeze through in ten minutes and think it was expensive. I am glad we went.Written 2 October 2023
- When we were stranded on Mull for two extra days we went into the info centre for recommendations for some things to do. All the staff were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and had a bit of patter.Written 14 June 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Isle of Mull
Isle of Mull Attractions Information