28 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fun! Great cocktails, music, staff, atmosphere. Best bar is Sligo for a fun night out. Never had a bad night here any night of the week.Written 17 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you want to try something other than the standard Irish Whiskey, this is the place to go. Over 125 different choices. Paul behind the bar will help you find a good one to sample.Written 12 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great pub great atmosphere good beer usualy music on but not on this occasion sadly would recommend a visit if in sligoWritten 15 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely pub/restaurant, HUGE portions, tasty food, excellent service, very accommodating . Will definitely come againWritten 7 June 2023
- From 11p.m. live music - perfect! Otherwise good DJ who assures with the prompt bar service an enjoyable athmosphere. The saturday evening we visited, the Garavogue was full with henn night groups, which were very well entertained and integrated. Over all a great bar for dancing in Sligo.Written 15 September 2019
- This was an amazing surprise, went in while passing due to the rain outside and could not of been happier. The vibe and atmosphere was amazing everyone singing and dancing.Written 9 December 2018
- Was in Sligo for work this week for the first time. Firstly the area is beautiful. Went to Connellys Monday night for the music and it's very easy to see why Lonely planet named it in Irelands top 20 pubs recently. Old & charmful with an incredible atmosphere. The music was outstanding. I was served by a guy named Peter (Callan). Such excellent professionalism. I honestly cannot wait to come back again.Written 27 April 2022
- What a delightful little gem of a pub! We stopped into this bar for a few drinks recently on the October bank holiday Sunday night and the place had such a great buzz to it. The most talented musicians took up their regular spots in the corner and played lively Irish tunes for hours on end. The fire blazed and created a warm cozy feel to the place. The bar staff were really friendly and were all happy to help. All around, the best bar in Sligo in my opinion! Definitely worth spending an evening in 😊Written 13 November 2023
- We were looking for a fast dinner and ended up sitting In this pub vor a couple of hours enjoying the live singing and the music! We felt like with friends there. The owners are very friendly, the music and atmosphere is cosy and the food comes from the next "The Little Chip". The fish and chips were some of the best we had in Ireland. Highly recommended!Written 13 June 2023
- Interesting place, good beer, nice place to chill & watch the football. It is pretty old & it’s true that the bathrooms aren’t perfect but have another beer & you won’t notice. The bar staff were friendly & a good source of local information.Written 20 May 2022
- Called in with family and a lovely pub grub meal.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Great little find!Written 1 September 2020
- dropped into this bar on way back from Sligo to castle dargan The young bar man was very friendly and the locals made us feel very welcome. Great prices for the drinks in comparison with Dublin. Lovely décor and very clean.Written 17 September 2015
- Called in here after a graduation ceremony at IT Sligo! There was a nice welcoming fire and the staff were welcoming. There was a buzz about the place and when presented with the quirky cocktail menu, the barman went on to tell us about the concept of it. Having sampled a variety of them including the virgin ones for the driver I would have no hesitation in going back!!Written 6 November 2019
- We were travelling through Aclare and called in at Joe Dans Bar.
The atmosphere was great, all the locals were so welcoming and made us feel at home.
The Guinness was the best I've ever tasted and the bar came alive around midnight.
It's minutes away from beautiful Lough Talt, which is well worth a visit.Written 5 November 2015
- Friendly bar staff who kept the Craig going through the fleadh. Good Guinness and you even get wi fi from the bar over the road!Written 18 August 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Sligo
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nightlife in Sligo:See more budget-friendly nightlife in Sligo on Tripadvisor