Top Attractions in Menton
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This garden is absolutely magical. Beauty above all throughout the year you can see stunning scenes from lakes, fountains, and just the general pack. It's great for family's as well as couple and friends a safe well kept place full of laughter and funWritten 3 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This lovely garden in the middle of a wide road goes all way from the casino up towards the station.
Some fascinating installations and art displays.
A few areas out of bounds as being repaired but shows they look after it.Written 13 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walked from the old fort all the way round.
Lots of guys with ridiculous muscles exercising and people with dogs watching them. Enjoyed walking up to the old town, shame all the churches were shut as we were there in the morning.
Lovely stroll right up to the cemetery and getting lost on way down.
Beach itself isn’t much to write home about though, mainly big grey stones.Written 13 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice place! Old town ..beach..De sabletes..harbor ..meany things too do and see! And good food!!Very nice place! Old town ..beach..De sabletes..harbor ..meany things too do and see! And good food!!Written 29 July 2022
- The church and restored square are colorful and have such a “clean” feel. The steps ascending to the square provide great views of the sea below and by the time you reach the top, the view toward Italy is simply gorgeous. Be sure to appreciate the incredible stonework paving below your feet. The church is open at certain hours, so if you want to actually enter it, do your access research in advance.Written 6 October 2021
- An excellent choice of service-points, ranging from fish and meat, to cheese, bakery-products etc, almost anything! The historical building is well maintained and, in a positive sense, offers an atmosphere of "old-times". Additionally you also have the opportunity to buy flowers, fruits outside.Written 10 April 2020
- It is always a very enjoyable experience to taste unusual combinations of flavours. At Herbin it is always remarkableWritten 12 August 2019
- The coast of Menton was hit by a heavy autumn storm one night in October 2018 and the new museum partly underground was badly flooded. The wave that broke the basement windows must have been huge as the shore is at some distance. Unfortunately the Cocteau collection was the most damaged, some pieces beyond repair, the museum will reopen earliest by 2021. Some works by the artist can be seen at the old location nearby the Bastion and in the Wedding hall at the city headquarters, la Mairie. The impressive building is worth seeing on its own and is illuminated at night.Written 19 August 2019
- I’m not a particular fan of Jean Cocteau but this is worth seeing - especially for the measly sum of €2. Certainly it’s something a bit different. It’s also interesting to reflect on the fact that a gay man designed a room that could, at the time, only be used for straight weddings.
Simply use the main entrance and then turn left into reception. You’ll need to ask whether it’s open as obviously you can’t go in if it is currently being used for a ceremony, so the opening hours publicised are dependent on availability. There’s an English taped guide to the artwork which they will play on request.Written 17 January 2020
- We loved this garden which we visited in October.and there was still much of interest. We guess it depends on the type of garden you like. A lot of restoration has gone on, but it is on the wild side! We discovered plants that would normally grow in Australia. It had such a lovely feel to it and we loved "getting lost" following the paths. When we were there, we were the only visitors! Very helpful person in charge. You can also enjoy a very reasonably priced coffe.Written 1 November 2018
- Even though there is nothing “exciting” visiting a Cemetery, it is worth a hike… there are several tombs of the end of 1800 area and from several nationalities (UK, Netherlands, Russia). The view of Menton and the Mediterranean see is stunning…Written 30 August 2021
- A labarynth of paths amongst the orange and lemon trees... a photo & sculture exhibit was on display. Could spend hours just relaxing.Written 8 March 2020
- The casino was very nice and you could even have a sea view. You only needed the passport to get in. The staff was friendly and lots of machines to play withWritten 7 October 2019
- We'd wanted to visit here on our last visit but it was closed for some reason.
It's a lovely small collection of works by Cocteau, including a great exhibition of articles saved from the main Cocteau museum down the road, which was flooded in 2018 and has been closed ever since.
Partly spoiled by a whole troop of Spanish teenagers there with teachers, who looked at none of the displays, just at their phones, talked loudly and got in the way.Written 4 May 2022
- We climbed all the way to the top, and there were many steps! The building was old and lovely! There was a good view at the top too!!Written 18 June 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Menton