Trams • Public Transportation Systems
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
142 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 142
What travellers are saying
- A friend in Orvieto suggested we park at Scandicci and take the Tranvia into Florence's central station. Even with GPS it was hard to find the parking area at the Scandicci terminus. It was harder to get back to the autostrada. But if you can figure this out, the Tranvia is quick, cheap, and easy - and there's a pleasant café in the Scandicci terminal.Written 12 December 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a very good experience with Alessandro. He promptly picked us up at our apartment in Rome, and took us to Assisi, and then to our apartment in Florence. He was timely, friendly, able to provide good information, and knowledgeable. He also provided some excellent dinner recommendations near our apartment in Florence. Finally, Alessandro went above and beyond the call of duty by returning an item to us the next day that we had left behind in the van. We would highly recommend Alessandro.Written 27 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We bumped into this guy outside the dumo after a long day and couldn’t be bothered to walk back to our accommodation so asked for a lift. Best decision we made! So funny and so much fun and very informative!Written 19 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a lovely and memorable day in Cinque Terre with Alessandro's guidance. He picked us up in a very clean and comfortable Mercedes van. After a beautiful drive through the country we stopped in the first of three towns. Alessandro helped us create a schedule and he was ready for our pickup at La Spezia when our day was done. It was a wonderful departure from the norm on our vacation and I'd happily do it again.Written 17 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We hired Beki to drive us from Florence to Tuscany, and he was the best! Beki was super responsive via email/calls, and arrived early. Beki is so much more than a driver, he has amazing knowledge of the history of the region—he even took us to a small family winery for an absolutely incredible lunch and tour. We’re so happy we met Beki, and will 100% call him if we’re in Florence again!Written 26 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a great time on our day trip to Siena and San Gimignano. Marco was great, providing commentary about Florence, the Tuscany region and life in general living in Italy. His English was very good and our conversations were interesting. Marco was flexible and very helpful providing advice on what to see and where to go. He even got us reservations at a great restaurant in Siena which turned out to be the best meal we had in Italy. I highly recommend this tour and Marco as a driver in particular.
Written 22 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A+ experience from the moment we reached out to Filippo to the end of the tour when we were dropped off back at our hotel. We hired Tuscany Car Tours for private transportation to bring us to simply drive us to Castiglion del Bosco from Florence, but we got SO MUCH more than we expected! It was truly an experience like no other, and we would absolutely do it again with Filippo! He was very friendly, knowledgeable and patient with our impromptu photoshoots. They offer preplanned itineraries if you don’t want to do any research, but are also very accommodating in helping you work in desired destinations/routes.Written 23 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I settled on Deluxe Limo Italy after painstaking research and hundreds of emails with other companies looking for a limo service to drive our family of 7 adults through Italy. When I finally found Deluxe Limo my search was over! Having traveled with a private driver previously, I know that the limo company is probably the single most important piece that will make or break a trip. From beginning to end, Deluxe did not disappoint and made the decision to select them an easy one. The price was fair; even as world events unfolded and prices of everything, including fuel, climbed, their price never changed. Their communication and response time was excellent, and their patience with my ever-changing itinerary was admirable. But where they really shined was on the delivery. The vehicle was exactly what we had hoped for spacious, comfortable, and in good condition. Most importantly, our driver, Francesco, was excellent. I can not say enough about him and this company. Francesco is a great driver. We all felt safe with him at the wheel; he was helpful, knowledgeable, and calm. We just directed him where we wanted to go every day and there was never any pushback. Nothing was ever too far; no day was ever too long for him. And there were no surprise charges from Deluxe at the end. I have already recommended this company to friends who are planning a trip to Italy, and I will definitely use this company again.Written 25 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were very impressed with this company because they aim to please and were very professional. Alessandro, not sure of the spelling, was our driver for the day. He was from Florence, spoke excellent English, very personable, and went above and beyond. The classic Mercedes minivan was very comfortable for our family of three.
Our tour consisted of visiting the beautiful Val D'Orcia which included Pienza, Montalcino, and Montepulciano. Our first stop was the Brunello winery. Michael, our guide at the winery, was excellent in describing the wines and was not pushy to purchase. The wine was fabulous and couldn't resist having bottles sent home. For lunch, Alessandro made a reservation at a restaurant in Pienza which overlooked the valley. The food, wine and view were memorable. We enjoyed shopping in Pienza, famous for their delicious pecorino cheese.
Montepulciano, was a city built on a hill, and appreciated our driver dropping us at the top and then picking us up at the bottom. We opted for a tour of the Ricci winery which was in an underground cave.
We thoroughly enjoyed our personalized tour with a wonderful driver, seeing beautiful scenery with fabulous food and wine.
We would highly recommend!Written 19 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used Sergio three times while traveling this month. He picked us up in Manarola to take us to Tuscany, also transported us from Tuscany into Florence and then to the airport. He was very helpful, always on time and gave us knowledgable tips while driving. Great experience and would use again.Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very well organized. Driver was professional, knowledgeable and courteous. He explained well and we understood 90% ( which is very good compared to some other tours we have taken.) The organic winery visit was informative and fun. We tasted three wines, one olive oil and three types of pork products. It was a memorable experience and we were very glad we took it.Written 23 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The trip was very good, thank you Max for all your help. The tour guides were personable and informative, Massimo was an excellent driver. He’s knowledgeable and gracious and eager to ensure we enjoyed our travels. The cooking class was fine though not extensive, the truffle hunt was fun and the lunch which followed was exquisite. Overall, we had a great trip and would definitely use your service again.Written 6 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We recently took a small group tour through the Santa Maria del Fiore museum, baptistery, and Duomo climb in Florence. We could not have enjoyed it more thanks in large part to the professional quality of our guide, Cosetta. She was extremely knowledgeable and conducted our 2 hour tour at a pace we could (as older tourists) keep pace with. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend her to anybody considering a guided tour.Written 26 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had an all around positive experience with Chianti Drivers. We had booked a tour guide in Siena through a friend, so we requested a driver so that we could enjoy the trip, make a quick stop in San Gimignano, and then on to Siena where we would take the train back to Florence at the end of the day. Chianti Drivers was very helpful setting that up and did not pressure us to upgrade. With Simone, we got way more than just a driver! He was relaxed, personable, and a very good driver. Simone shared so much about the area as we drove - first out of Florence then into the countryside en route to San Gimignano. He had some amazing viewpoints for us - one outside of SG and another inside and high up, which was welcome because the tower wasn't open given the early-ish hour of our visit. He was patient while we took photos and kindly took some of us. Our destination outside of Siena at a private home was in a hard to find place on bumpy roads. Simone kindly called our host and got more precise directions. He went above and beyond and allowed us to have a beautiful and relaxing experience in Tuscany. The rates were very reasonable in comparison with other companies, maybe even on the lower side, but it is still something that feels like a luxury (for us), which I highly recommend. We will use Chianti Drivers again when we return.Written 19 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Good option for vegetarians in East Coast Singapore. The lunch thai combos are vale for money and a complete meal with soup, salad and main dish (pad thai or green curry with brown rice)Written 16 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Florence
- These experiences are best for transportation in Florence:
- Private Italy Route: Best of Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan
- Florence Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Florence Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Shore Excursion To Florence And Pisa From La Spezia
- Private 4-Hour Tour of Florence with private driver and guide with Hotel pick-up
- These are the best places for budget-friendly transportation in Florence:See more budget-friendly transportation in Florence on Tripadvisor