Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- 4WD Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Historical Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Ports of Call Tours
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Water Sports
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Sporting Events
- Water Parks
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Zakynthos
Admission tickets from £17.55
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent place to stop with a hire car. The water is deep, clear and warm, excellent for snorkelling. Being mid 50’s we were perhaps the oldest ones there but the young lads were very kind and helped us out of the water on the very slippy rocks. Difficult
To change on the rocks but
There is a changing shed and a decent taverna. Worth a visit even only to swim into the caves and snorkel. It’s a lovely vibe.Written 9 August 2022
- We had paid for the boat trip to turtle island but the day we went the turtles were nesting, we wasn’t aware of this until the boat had gone past and staff had told us. They had taken us around some absolutely beautiful coves! and then had stopped the boat and a different cove and gave us 45 minutes to get off for a swim if wanted…I think I actually preferred this as the island looked like it had very little sand and no shade what so ever! (not very good for children) But what a beautiful afternoon, I really enjoyed it. And don’t worry if you forgot to bring drinks, they have a shop on the boat!Written 5 August 2022
- visited this with my girlfriend, we’re 18 and 19. €18 for both of us as we got in after 2:30. 6 slides, all pretty good and fun, queues not that long at all even though it was a gorgeous day. Get enough bang for your buck and we’d recommend! didn’t try the food so can’t comment on thatWritten 20 July 2022
- Excellent service ,lovely pub and restaurant with great cocktails and milkshakes.
Great meals ,and friendly staff ,very helpful and attentive .
Everything from snacks and tea coffee etc etc ....
Enjoyed our evening ,so much will be back soon. Jo SimpsonWritten 21 May 2022
- By far the best and most clean beach I ever been so far, nice warm water, no jelly fish and very little waves. Also it is only very gradually getting deeper, perfect to swim and relax. Please respect the turtle nests and keep the place amazing and clean!Written 7 August 2022
- It was a ‘take your life in your hands’ drive down a single track road - but for 2 cars!!!! On the edge of a cliff with some really steep inclines and drops!! Luckily we went early (10.30am ish) and ended up following about 7 cars and no one was coming the other way.
When we got there the car park was full (it isn’t that big and trying to turn 7 cars around in a single track and drive back up the hills to find spot on the edge of a cliff with a drop, wasn’t the best! But we made it and there are car park attendants that came to help.
We got there!! The attendants send you towards their restaurant (there are a few). You can walk through them and onto the beach with your own towels and umbrellas, but as the beach is so rocky and there isn’t a lot of sand, only a few people did this.
The sunbeds were 2 euros each, and they were all good, we went in the shade, under the trees. The beach is still quite far from the beds, so you can’t sit and watch the kids play, you have to go with them (unless they are a bit older and you get the beds right at the front). It is rocky, there are a few paths that have been made to get you to the sand bit - where the water meets, but right under the water are lots of large stones leading to big rocks. Luckily the water is clear so you can see where you are standing but everyone does the ‘walking on sharp stones’ dance when they get out.
Obviously, because of all the rocks, this is an awesome place for snorkelling! Just a few metres out and you’ll see at least 5 different types of fish. Some are very friendly and like to nibble the dry skin from your feet and legs - don’t be shocked, they don’t have teeth, but you could see the fish going around the swimmers by their reactions (I found this on all the beaches in Zakynthos, not just here, but there are more fish here!).
This beach is different from Gerkas as they do have areas of turtle eggs but haven’t cordoned big parts of the beach off. They have put the frame above the eggs and people just avoided them respectfully.
There were lots of young couples in their 20’s / early 30’s. They played music on their phones, smoked a lot and were just a bit noisy. We didn’t get a family vibe here and there weren’t that many children.
The crepe restaurant was lovely and served burgers, lovely pancakes and great smoothies.
We stayed later than we would normally as we really didn’t want to meet anyone on the car drive home. We left at 5pm, we met 1 car but it was ok. We stayed in 1st or 2nd gear the whole way home and lots of holding our breathe - but we made it!Written 11 August 2022
- Excellent location, to the waterfront in the west of the island. Not a fancy beach, but water is amazing and you can find umbrellas just next. There are 2-3 places offering sunbeds and as well deinks. You can eat at the tavernas just there.Written 4 August 2022
- It is must see in Zakynthos. Go there in the afternoon when the sun is shining through the coloured windows creating an even more holy atmosphere in this beautiful church.Written 27 October 2021
- The drive is easy and very easy to find your way. The end of the road is the car park, 2 large fields/areas, a few restaurants and shops by the car parks and then about a 5 mins walk, down a sloping path or steps. It really isn’t too bad.
We got there at 11 and it was packed!! The first half of the beach is paid for sun beds, then the rest are people with towels and umbrellas. However, bare in mind that half of the beach is shut off because of the turtles eggs, so you can’t use the area by the cliffs, just the thin strip of sand by the water. It’s just a bit wider than the length of a towel, you end up walking in the water to get past everyone.
Keep walking, the beach is long and at the end of the beach there is more space. That is the hardest bit, a bit of a walk and finding you spot. Then it only gets better!
The sand is great for digging (the turtles obviously agree too!) and the water is warm and shallow for ages. As you are right on the waters edge your little ones can play right in front of you in the shallow water.
You can snorkel near the rocks and see lots of fish, if you stand still they will swim around your feet in the shallows. They might even have a little nibble at your feet (if you have any dry skin!). The water is so clear and clean, it’s stunning.
We spent the whole day there. We would go back but definitely arriving earlier!Written 11 August 2022
- sunbeds 8 EUR for two, all day.
Narrow but clean sand and very clear water. Sand bottom nice for feet - no sharp stones or seashells.Written 5 August 2022
- Banana Beach is well organized. Showers, sunneds with peddings and pillows sbd umbrellas. You can order food or drinks to you sunbed snd pay them all when you live at paying disk behind sinbed rows. Excellent food and drinks. Toilets very clean and hygiene on the left behind of the bar. Beach sandy and water clean. I would recommend highly!Very well managed beach!Written 8 August 2022
- Such a beautiful place, must visit in Zakinthos. We took a group boat trip to the beach with a stop to swim in caves. The beach itself was very crowded so this is not about visiting a place to chill, but it worth seeing it because the water color is incredible and the whole journey is amazing. It isn’t sandy and I’d recommend to bring water shoes.Written 12 August 2022
- Had a good day today. Enough rides to keep everyone happy. Lockers available and plenty of sun loungers. Seemed to be plenty of helpful staff around.
The let down was the food. It was quite simply vile.
The price was fairly average for that sort of attraction. Not being a lover of cheapo beefburgers we thought we would play it safe with a hot dog. It was terrible. You can pick up a cheap decent hotdog from any store which is edible. These were a weird orange colour with a vile taste, luke warm and putrid. A few bites and we couldn't eat it so was a total waste. Think my unfussy rescue dog would have struggled to eat that garbage. Get your act together!!Written 15 July 2022
- At the top of mount skopos, you can find the rebuilt temple of Panagia Skopiotissa at the place which the ancient temple of Goddess Diana was situated.Written 25 July 2022
- and no stones to cross getting into sea.sandy. Nice looking beach bar but not used except for water.Written 1 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Zakynthos
- The best day trips from Zakynthos according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Zakynthos : One day small group tour to Navagio beach Blue Caves & top view
- Turtle Spotting, Keri Caves, Marathonisi and Cameo Island Tour
- Zakynthos All Day Tour Shipwreck beach, view point-Blue Caves
- Zakynthos: early morning Shipwreck,Blue Caves and view point small group
- VIP All Day Small Group Tour to Shipwreck-Blue Caves-View point