Architectural Buildings • Religious Sites
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful church and packed with history. It was very nice to walk around and it is a must to buy access to the tower. I mean, what a view!!Written 26 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a great experience. Lots to do. 9 year old enjoyed being trained as viking warrior. Make sure you include that into day. Food good. Enjoyed making sword out of wood and pegs. Great dayWritten 2 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A good museum, nicely laid out. Aquarium was good with a couple of larger tanks, nice area for seals and a couple of other exhibitions. Outdoor area with recreated harbour from the old days. Value for money. Used about 3 hrs including foodWritten 4 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great spot to learn and directly experience the Wadden Sea environment, wildlife and spectacular sights.Written 15 October 2023
- Worth taking a look at if you're nearby, statues not as big as we thought they would be but still impressive to get photos/selfies of. Count the number of toes!Written 3 June 2023
- Walking through Ribe, the path to the river was blocked, with a detour through the gardens of the Ribe Kunstmuseum (art gallery).
Stunning works of art, in very pretty and relaxing manicured riverside gardens.
Recommended for those wanting to get away from it all!Written 28 September 2018
- A nice little tour of an second world war bunker. The people where nice and the tour guide spoke loud and clear English.Written 17 July 2018
- I had read about the classic book "How the Other Half Lives" but had not read about its author in detail. In Ribe I stumbled across his own museum and found it extremely informative and engaging.
Riis's biography is the classic rags-to-riches story that makes Americans believe--erroneously--that their country is the epitome of social mobility.
Jacob's own bitter experience as a poor immigrant to the US came to excellent use when he later became a journalist, photographer and public speaker. A truly amazing personal journey well told!Written 7 July 2023
- Excellent museum in a lovely little town. Includes street dioramas and a full size ship etc. Well organised and presented, friendly staff and a great little gift shop too. Well worth a visit. Paul Jonsson, Woking, UK.Written 15 April 2018
- I was visiting my brother in Jutland, went to Ribe and had lunch at this 'outpost' between land and see. Restaurant is located along Ribe å (river) with a good view of it. Foot was good. I particular like the stjerneskud a nicely arrange mix of scrimp (small) and fried flounder.Written 18 November 2023
- The exhibition in on the first floor above the little cafe (behind the shop "Brugsen"). Nice and informative exhibition, but of course the big deal is just walking to the sea, take in the nature, watch the birds, etc...
And the drive to get to Mandø is a bit of a thrill - will you get there without the high tide wetting your car?? it is a 5km drive on a stone road in level with the sea when at "normal" high tide. In any case, check the rythm of the tide first (Tripadvsior does not allow URLs, so copy this and remove the sppaces: w w w. dmi.dk /hav/maalinger/tidevand/ - Ribe) or just call the very nice manager of the shop on +45 7544 5102 and ask her if driving is safe just now (this is OK - recommended on the local tourist homepage).Written 19 April 2016
- The city is full of interesting history and sights. The problem is finding a service member who is not too tirred to be helpfull.
It is a total wast of time to addres turist ribe orr ribe byferie.Written 12 September 2022
- We were looking for a place to host a group of friends that came to our wedding in Ribe and really lucked out finding this place. They were serving a fixed menu but for us made an amazing Croquembouche. Amazing salt crusted chicken and just a great meal from beginning to end. Very friendly and accommodating hosts and chef, can't recommend them enough. A great mix of French food and cooking, with Danish ingredients and style. They made a special time for us very special and we will always be thankful and grateful for that. Don't do any more research, just go here, you won't regret it!! And get their wine, it's great!!Written 4 March 2019
- Best to explore the back streets. Lovely old buildings carefully looked after. My recommendation is the cathedral ( the site of the first Christianity in Denmark) , and the river.
We cycled around , then went round again looking for our car park ( there does seem to be plenty of the ring road… and they all look the same!) . Make a careful note of where you park. Parking is free.
Ribe has great shops and lots of visitors. There are plenty of places to eat and a supermarket on the corner of the main pedestrianised street.Written 13 July 2023
- Went on a daytrip here i Esbjerg and make a stop over here and it is still a very lovely and peacefully place to scroll around. Not much have change my childhood. A perfect viwe over Ho bugtWritten 6 February 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Esbjerg
Esbjerg Attractions Information