Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great activities for the children. The castle is a great building to view but the audio guide is not the best. Liked the way they have information laid out for children.
Small shop with a lot to offer for its size. No toilets but there are some in the car park. The male toilets were closed but the cafe next door had the key to the disable toilet for use.Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had such a lovely time visiting the farm with our toddler. Meeting and getting to spend time with the animals was so heartwarming and we even got some cuddles. Amanda gave us a great tour telling us all about them and capturing some gorgeous pictures of us. I can’t stop looking at them. Will definitely be back!Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were very impressed with the details of your many exhibits, concerning the history of the town of Chepstow up through the ages.
Very well displayed and presented;
together with information about each one.
Extremely helpful custodian (Rachael Rodgers)
who was very friendly, and informative when we had any questions.
We will certainly recommend others come to your museum with a trip of the museum, after parking in the next door carpark :DWritten 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Small village that includes a large amount of ruins to visit, and many views of the river Wye. Very picturesque and is probably beautiful in autumnWritten 28 July 2023
- Lovely Walk - well waymarked. We've just walked Offa's Dyke Path from Sedbury to Prestatyn. The path is well signposted. Lovely views. 180 miles in 16 days walking is reasonable. We booked with Contours - they booked our accommodation & luggage transfers. It all worked seamlessly. Well recommended. Take comfortable walking boots & lightweight waterproofs.Written 30 May 2023
- Such a brilliant hands on experience made all the more engaging with Phillipa's insightful knowledge and enthusiasm. Deb and Dolly the alpacas were our firm favourites!Written 11 October 2023
- Such a beautiful viewpoint of a beautiful piece of the UK, the climb isn't too bad but the views more than pay offWritten 12 June 2023
- Stayed here and had a great few days. Very peaceful and relaxing.
Now to the beer … there were a few free beers in the log cabin. We thought we would try them … wow I have never seen beer so lively in the glass … it was fizzing and popping away!
Spontaneously we shouted out - Devils Brew!
It seemed to have a life of its own.
Come, stay and try the Devils Brew. You won’t regret it.Written 10 November 2021
- Really enjoyed walking here from Chepstow although limited views of the river due to the dense greenery.Written 28 August 2021
- Drove over the Severn Bridge on the M4 motorway to get across to England to visit a tourist attraction. The bridge looks great and it was a pleasure to drive on it. The views from the bridge is really good. All in all, it is what it is - a bridge to get over the border.Written 6 May 2022
- This wonderful and well preserved old bridge which spans the river Wye separates the borders of England and Wales. It was great to walk across from one end to the other and back again. The views up and down the river from the bridge is excellent. You can even drive over it if you want.Written 6 May 2022
- Russell was a fabulous host. A group of 7 teenagers and adults with very little fishing experience - had us fishing for our supper straight away, and give advice on fly fishing for the less experienced. Wonderful sunny afternoon, very relaxing. Followed by an amazing dinner cooked by Russell - pizza for the non-fish eaters was fresh from the pizza oven and tasted lush, and our trout was cooked to perfection for our supper. Many thanks for a one-in-a-million experience!Written 18 July 2021
- Walked a section of the path along the Wye river. Tintern to the Old Station and beyond. Well maintained and great views.Written 20 September 2022
- The arenas are really well kept and maintained. Stables have been tidied up somewhat since last year. Toilets and shower blocks are not well maintained or managed as in a previous review. Granted this problem is user made on the whole but some sort of cleaning whilst in use wouldn’t go a miss. Upstairs of the show secretaries office leaves much to be desired. Carpets filthy, windows dirty, window sills thick dirt and covered in dead flies. Again not maintained or managed thoroughly. Now for The Pavillion! Food available very average at well hiked prices. This place again could do with a thorough clean as also extremely dirty. Electric cables hanging from beams are a death trap waiting to happen - as quoted by a qualified electrician. I appreciate the nature of the beast isn’t the cleanest of hobbies but come on, a decent cleaning firm could have it sorted in a flashWritten 27 July 2023
- Located next to a busy road this church is quite large. There are information tiles built into the pavement outside the main door and items to buy inside that further outlines the building's history. There is some parquet tiling inside which is unusual and some impressive glass windows and a large organ. The facade with its carved stonework is impressive too.Written 30 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Chepstow
- The best outdoor activities in Chepstow according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Chepstow on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Chepstow according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- The Wandering Bard Tour of South Wales
- Private Full-Day Wye Valley Tour
- Private Day Tour from Bath to Wonderful Wales with Pickup
Chepstow Attractions Information