Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The tour was a highlight of our trip, our guide Alison was excellent, and the three whisky tastings were all so smooth! I'm certain that our group of 10 traveling with Adeo Travel's Beauty of Britain tour would all highly recommend a visit to Cragganmore!Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A third visit to this friendly place, Donna and the team were accommodating and provided a great service.
We may well be back again next year!Written 16 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Although we live locally, we have never visited the castle and grounds before today. Fortunately, the weather was pleasant and so before visiting the castle, we were able to explore the walled garden and grounds, including the river walk. The grounds were immaculate and we decided to have a snack in the excellent café. The food was delicious and, we thought, very reasonably priced. The castle itself was very easily managed. There was adequate information on hand in each room without it being overwhelming. Everywhere was immaculately clean and this included the excellent toilets. One of the highlights of our visit we thought was the audiovisual presentation done by Guy MacPherson Grant.Written 30 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A cracking walk up Ben Rinnes in beautiful weather. Parking for about 12 cars at the bottom of the hill path, we got there at 9am and were the second car there. Good clear path all the way to the top makes navigation easy, it does get steeper about 2/3 of the way up and stays steep. Lovely views. Returned the way we came up as circular routes were a bit of a faff.Written 5 September 2023
- The Distillery Tour was excellent, our guide had a real passion for whisky and her Knowledge of distilling was amazing, it was a really good and very enjoyable tour.Written 30 August 2023
- We stumbled upon this bridge while traveling between sites. It regiment looks like a bridge from a fairy tale. Definitely take the access road down so you can get out and walk across the bridge.
The Old Bridge of Avon is located almost opposite the Ballindalloch post office and petrol station. There is an access road with a car park at the bottom so that you can walk across the bridge and see the gatehouse.Written 19 February 2019
- There is not much left of the original castle but is an incredible site to visit. The views from the high ground is excellent.Written 29 May 2019
- The owner (+ family) should be congratulated on the way he has made an obviously family home open to strangers to wander (pry ) round.
Practical point, watch the audio-visual presentation on the web first.
Also, it is worth having a bite at the tea room so you can read the guidebook before going in. Though incidentally the beef sandwich is excellent.
Going round the house was so different to many other places we have visited. The balance between history and a home someone lives in was spot on. Within that we enjoyed the nursery and the tower.Written 15 June 2022
- If you love food, the great outdoors, travel, spectacular scenery, whisky and good folk then Ghillie is for you. A humble author of 40 odd cook books, her knowledge is only surpassed by her warm hospitality in her home in the magnificent wilds of the Scottish Highlands. If you’re visiting Speyside, do yourself a favour and add a day with Ghillie to the list of to-do’s. I did the Whisky Safari and had a ball learning about it and local produce. Being in someone’s home learning about local food, under a snow covered mountain in the Highlands - it doesn’t get more Scottish.Written 21 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Ballindalloch
- The best day trips from Ballindalloch according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- GHD Clan Tour of Speyside Distilleries
- Scotland Whisky Distilleries and Tasting Private Day Tour by Luxury Car
- Deluxe 5 star Private Speyside Whisky Tour
- Full-Day Semi-Private Tour: Speyside Whisky Trails
- Speyside Whisky Experience
Ballindalloch Attractions Information