Tours near Sudbury
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Anyone with an interest in either art or history should find time to visit Gainsborough's House Museum in Sudbury. It is small but full of interest.
The museum is constructed in two parts. The front part, facing directly on to Gainsborough Road, is based on the artist's original house. It contains some artworks, not all by Gainsborough, and two or three furnished rooms which illustrate how Gainsborough may have lived in the late 17thC.
The modern rear part consists of a gallery for temporary exhibitions, a superb display of, perhaps a dozen, of Gainsborough's really fine portraits, a painting room, a printing room and even a camera obscura. There is also a coffee shop in an interesting garden, complete with crinkle crankle wall.
Visitors should not be put off by the juxtaposition of an ancient house with a modern suite of rooms. The marriage works. The architect deserves a prize.
The museum's only fault was the coffee served in the coffee shop. I couldn't finish it.Written 25 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Came to the quay to see hi on maiden having first seen the genuine iron maiden in 1984.
A really terrific show Matts vocals were really impressive and the seven foot giant playing Eddie was a monster.
Really top entertainment
Very goodWritten 24 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a beautiful walk across the meadows. We saw several different butterflies and damselflies.
Wish I had my swimsuit as there was an opportunity to swim...Written 6 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Has a lot of exhibits to explain the long history of this market town, with volunteers on hand to explain anything you want to know more aboutWritten 28 September 2022
- This was one of the best escape rooms we’ve been to! We had so much fun & Lily was amazing! We will definitely be back soon.Written 2 December 2023
- Visiting Sudbury after being away for 45 years. It is a lovely market town and this museum gave us the history of how it has developed over the years. Great place to come to.Written 21 August 2023
- This is such a beautiful building so do go in and appreciate it. I went in to see the Christmas tree display which is fanatic. Great place to go and get ideas for your decorating your own tree.Written 16 March 2020
- Sudbury library is based in the Old Corn Exchange which gives lots of light and galleried study and reference areas with tables and power sockets. There are plenty of seats and a separate children's section.There is a room for hire which seats up to about 30 theatre style with an urn and mugs provided. There is a lavatory. Staff are very helpful.There is quiet but it's welcoming. A good place to browse and at the heart of the town. Tourist information section is staffed when possible and has a wealth of leaflets etc.Written 5 November 2019
- We found this shop by accident and how glad we were ! They have a wonderful stock of locally sourced items! We sampled the olives,bread and home made pork pies, wonderful!.I will certainly visit again.Written 22 June 2017
- Was good fun, Molly was a great games master; will definitely be back to do the eerie motel when I’m next in SudburyWritten 2 December 2023
- An easy circular walk around the town to show you get locations of interest. Generally flat so suitable for anyone,
We stopped off along the way to experience more of the townWritten 28 September 2022
- Amazing gallery, some great artist exhibit there not to mention one of the owners Andrew Haslen and his daughter Amie Haslen.
It is in the beautiful village of Lavenham, well worth a visit.Written 12 September 2016
- While staying near Sudbury, I coerced my long suffering wife to visit the brewery to pick up a crate of mixed bottled ale. The shop contains the many awards they have collected over the years (It is good beer!), and I had a little chat with the owner, so I was a happy little bunny - had to make it up to the wife, though!Written 13 October 2016
- I can't comment on the interior of the church or it's events / services as I just popped around to look at the building during a visit to Sudbury Hall.
The church itself is a nice enough piece of architecture. Reminiscent of the quaint Olde English Towered Church, which is exactly what it is. Unfortunately, the church was locked at the time of my visit, so I couldn't look inside.
There are a few interesting headstones in the churchyard, if you're into such things.. I'm not sure if this area has any ghosts reported, but there was definitely an eerie feeling at the far end of the church yard.
Worth a look around if you're in the area.
Parking: You will need to park on the NT Sudbury Hall car park over the road, (unless you're lucky enough to park by the roadside.Written 24 March 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Sudbury
- The best outdoor activities in Sudbury according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Sudbury on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Sudbury with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Sudbury on Tripadvisor
Sudbury Attractions Information