Tours near Wednesbury
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- On paper you might think that this small museum has very little to offer. But you would be wrong! The paintings on display were run of the mill but as someone who has lived in the West Midlands for nearly 40 years I learnt some very interesting things from other exhibits.
There is a room devoted to Chance Brothers of Smethwick. I’d never heard of them but at one time they were the largest manufacturer of glass in the country. They supplied glass for the Crystal Palace and for the clock face of Big Ben. The same room has extracts from a 19th century traveller’s guide with some very rude comments about the people of the Black Country!
If I had come across Ruskin Pottery in the past I would not have realised that it had been made in Smethwick. That was another set of informative exhibits.
There is also a room devoted to toys through the ages, so there really is something for everyone.Written 13 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very nice little church ⛪ friendly and welcoming a must visit when you can you will not be disappointedWritten 19 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Iv'e visited this park with my grandson several times and also iv'e strolled around it Solo.
Kings Hill Park is located near Asda supermarket, shops, town, library etc.
As you enter the park,, there is a tree lined pathway to follow, there are three large playing fields, a park, football fields, outdoor gym, benches, logs.
It's a lovely green place to stroll about, or jog, cycle, play or simply chillax..Written 30 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been to a few different Mecca Bingo clubs around the country. The one at Wednesbury is a short walk from the tram stop for Wednesbury Great Western Street and right opposite the bus station.
The club has a car park that was not very full when I visited.
They have a big variety of slots available to play on and a member of staff was around as well.
There is a big hall for bingo but there were not many customers there when I visited.
The club was clean and well presented.Written 24 July 2023
- Love this park!! It’s so pretty!
Plenty to do. Lovely playground with equipment for younger children, older children and disabled children.
Lots of green space to have a kick about or picnic. Lots of benches and picnic tables.
Bike/skate board ramps.
Small (free) car park but lots of on street parking.
Tennis courts (free).
Out door gym equipment.
Monument to animals lost at war.
No toilets or cafe and no shop etc near by so take with you what you need!Written 29 December 2019
- This church is the local Roman Catholic church. It is situated just outside the town centre, and as the name suggests, high on a hill. To enter the building three or four steps have to be climbed. There is no handrail provided, so anyone with mobility issues has to use the building wall to steady themselves. Not an ideal situation. Into an entrance hall, and then through doors and into the main body of the church. First impressions are of a light and airy space. There is a high roofline, and the lighting installed helps to give the impresssion of a well lit space. There are a number of stained glass windows around, again letting in vast ammounts of light. These windows depict various events and people from the churches history, which dates back to the mid 1800s. From looking around it is obvious that this is a clean, well cared for and well loved church. The pews are all solid wood, and do not offer a lot of room for manouvre once seated. The service that I attended was very appropriate, and the church was about half full. However, my biggest disappointment was, that although both sidewalls are lined with banks of radiators, it was FREEZING cold in there, and this was the general concencus of most of the congregation that I spoke to. A lovely church, but if you intend to visit, wear warm clothing. You`ll need itWritten 6 March 2020
- Last night I joined family and friends for a 60th birthday celebration. It was my first time at this venue and the atmosphere was really great.
MJs Bar & Grill was very clean, bright and spacious.
The drinks were fairly priced and the staff very pleasant and friendly.
The toilet facilities are excellent, clean and well stocked.
We were able to dance until the early hours. I would recommend this venue for private functions.
I especially liked their security and how we were welcomed into the venue.
I look forward to going to MJs Bar & Grill for a meal to sample their own restaurant menu very soon.Written 5 March 2023
- Having visited the Norwich store today, we left on an overall high; if I could give one piece of advice to improve customer experience, it would be to follow through with the same care - from start to end - putting the customers’ needs above trying to plump up the final bill.
We all felt a shift in atmosphere once the dress had been decided on; while our excitement was still materialising, our advisor switched into a sales mode swiftly gliding over various extras, which were to be added to the final purchase. All with a speed that left us dazed and confused.
The indirect sales pitch left us with a slightly sour taste after a lovely 4 hours. This was made more awkward when we queried the need for two boxes rather than one (among other extras we had not asked for , (i.e. hangers and two rather than one expensive underskirts).
The overall feel of this place and its elegance, has been tarnished because of this.Written 11 December 2021
- Only 3 locals in pub when we visited, TV, & games machine in pub. Annoying music being played too loudly.
Minimal Xmas decorations.
Local Rd parking only.
Karaoke advertised in pub.
3 real ales £2.50 - £2.70 a pint.
Opens Mon – Thur 2pm – 4pm then 7pm – midnight. Fri 2pm – midnight. Sat & Sun 1pm – midnight.
Bingo is at 8pm on Fri 30 Dec 16.
The pub is a pre 1900 coaching inn, believed to be haunted.Written 29 December 2016
Wednesbury Attractions Information