Points of Interest & Landmarks
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Food : do expect it to be pricier than normal.
Scenery : Fantastic! A view you wouldn’t want to miss. Beautiful blooming colorful flowers. Green gardens and blue sky.
Lake : clean and do look out for the beautiful mallard ducks.
Promenade : beautifully manicured trees. Well lined and it feels like walking through the streets of heaven. Peaceful and so calming.
Overall : A MUST visit place. You wouldn’t regret.
Transport : take the MAV train from Budapest Deli station and alight at Balatonfured station. From there take the 1/1B bus to Tagore Sétány. Simple.Written 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The drinking hall has 4 button-operated taps. The water is cool and tastes a bit like iron, but well balanced. Good opportunity to refill some metal in your blood. > ) We've took home some in bottles, just for the special taste.Written 21 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You don't have to know the famous Hungarian author to appreciate the exhibition. Certainly, his routine, books, personal belongings make it all the more interesting for fans, but just to see how intelligent, well-off people lived by Balaton 150 years ago can be entertaining and educative.Written 10 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really great, quick hike with amazing views of the lake and Tihany. Perhaps take your walking boots for a bit of ankle support on the hike, but we all had normal trainers on, which was absolutely fine.Written 22 November 2021
- Vaszary who is a great great Hungarian painter has no painting in this museum! But others are interesting to see and the building is also nice as well as the garden. Everything around is clean, relaxing and enjoyable. If you have a car go to the Rippl- Ronai house/museum at Kaposvár, this is really a nice visit!Written 16 September 2019
- There are a lot of slides, my children enjoyed it very much. A small wellness area inside, but no swimming pool. So it is worth going with children and teens. The area is nice. We were there late August and the morning was cloudy so we could enter at a reduced price.Written 20 September 2019
- Interactive , educative and very well-desingned. Ladies are helpful. Shows you the base of the Hungarian sailing til nowadays.Written 18 March 2018
- This is a tiny church and we could not go inside when we visited as it is only fully open when there are services. Then it is really busy! Beautiful frescoes and interesting design..Written 24 August 2018
- When we're in Fured for the summer, this is our parish church.
Services are in Hungarian and one or two priests can give rather elongated sermons.Written 7 November 2018
- For those interested in all things fishy this is the place to visit. However, it is small & we were out in no time.Written 17 June 2018
- We went to visit the cave. It is a nice activity to do especially on a hot day because it cooler inside the cave. We had an English guide who told us things about the cave and you could also walk around yourself to take foto’s etc. The cave is not very big, but a nice thing to visit. They also turned off the light so you could experience what a cave normally looks like. I would recommend this cave trip.Written 27 July 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Balatonfured
- The best outdoor activities in Balatonfured according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Balatonfured on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Balatonfured according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Lake Balaton & Cruise
- Private All Day Lake Balaton Tour from Budapest with lunch
- Lake Balaton Full Day Private Wine Tour
- Private Lake Balaton Experience with the Herend Porcelain Factory
- A private daytrip to Lake Balaton with guide!
Balatonfured Attractions Information